Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 259774 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #900 on: June 20, 2015, 04:58:09 pm »

And now WW's voting for ADK too. Could be bussing, though, but I'll go back to vote: WW anyway.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 20, 2015, 05:07:37 pm »

I don't honestly trust Egor just jumping in with this claim. Why didn't you claim earlier? Why is everyone just jumping on and trusting this?

Wasn't this the first thing he did today?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 20, 2015, 05:10:09 pm »

I don't think Lekkit makes that claim as scum.  It doesn't gain him enough to be worth being caught.

The idea is that there's a very little chance that lying would get him caught because of the larger claim of mail-mi.

And chairs, why do you think it goes past protection?

Because it is non targeted and faust confirmed rolestop would not interfere with it. Under some condition I am told all players fulfilling some condition that are demons

That sounds a little less than a smoking-gun.  Can you say what the condition that the demons satisfied was?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 20, 2015, 05:38:48 pm »

So...

We've got EgorK disputing ADK's flavor claim (ADK says Angel, EgorK says not a demon)
We've got Lekkit disputing Awaclus's flavor claim (Awa says Lorne, Lekkit says human)

Anyone else think this could have been a universal result flip on that type of investigation?  Sounds like a scum power that might be useful.

I mean, two similar powers, two similar results...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 20, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »

good point. yeah, I could totally see such a power. it's like the psychotrooper shot for investigative results.

if this power exists, it's probably one-shot though - so Egork could just check again next night?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 20, 2015, 06:17:03 pm »

So...

We've got EgorK disputing ADK's flavor claim (ADK says Angel, EgorK says not a demon)
We've got Lekkit disputing Awaclus's flavor claim (Awa says Lorne, Lekkit says human)

Anyone else think this could have been a universal result flip on that type of investigation?  Sounds like a scum power that might be useful.

There are also 4 scum, so, you know, they could both just be right, or we could have right/wrong or any combination.

Because if they're telling the truth and we had messed up results, that's four town, then me and hockey, that's six. It narrows it down, but I don't for sure believe this. Seems a stretch still

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 20, 2015, 06:23:42 pm »

So...

Makes some sense, but does ADK's response to Egor read kind of odd to you?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 20, 2015, 06:36:25 pm »

My point isn't that we all of a sudden have a bunch of ICs.  But it's also unlikely that every so many investigative roles caught scum on N1.  That basically never happens.

Can someone explain why DD keeps going on about scum numbers and factions?  He seems to have way more setup knowledge than anyone else.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 20, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »

Yeah, the OP says nothing about number of scum or factions.

I really feel like the whole mason claim was a scum gambit.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 20, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »

My point isn't that we all of a sudden have a bunch of ICs.  But it's also unlikely that every so many investigative roles caught scum on N1.  That basically never happens.

Can someone explain why DD keeps going on about scum numbers and factions?  He seems to have way more setup knowledge than anyone else.

Because someone posted that we have 4 scum (can't remember who) and so I've been trying to figure it out because everybody seems to be ignoring it?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 20, 2015, 06:39:11 pm »

Literally someone said we have 4 scum. Go reread before freaking out over nothing

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 20, 2015, 06:44:42 pm »

Oh for what it's worth, on Night 0 I asked about the number of scum, and learned that there are at least 4 people in game not aligned with town.

Here.

Also, uhm yes Egor definitely DID post earlier and didn't claim this.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 20, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »

Literally someone said we have 4 scum. Go reread before freaking out over nothing

I know the mod didn't say it and it wasn't the claimed oracle either. 

Do you believe everything people say? 

You also mentioned more than once that there are multiple scum factions.  Again, where does your information come from?

Speculation is fine -- preface it as such.  You can't use speculation to make a point for/against a player, though.

"I speculate that masons are scum in this game.  Therefore, my case on DD is rock solid and proven."  That's nonsense, just like you basing anything on the speculation that there could be four scum of multiple factions.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 20, 2015, 06:46:38 pm »

Oh for what it's worth, on Night 0 I asked about the number of scum, and learned that there are at least 4 people in game not aligned with town.

Here.

At least 4 not town-aligned does not equal "there are 4 scum" OR "there are multiple factions."

Thanks for pulling the quote though.

Other speculation has been on the existence of third party roles, such as a survivor.  That messes with your assumptions, too.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 20, 2015, 06:51:38 pm »

Here.

At least 4 not town-aligned does not equal "there are 4 scum" OR "there are multiple factions."

Thanks for pulling the quote though.

Other speculation has been on the existence of third party roles, such as a survivor.  That messes with your assumptions, too.

Okay why don't you actually go reread my posts. Literally never have I said that there are multiple factions or that it means anyone is scum. I have literally been trying to discuss the possible configurations of scum. I, in fact, in the first post I speculate indicate a few different possibilities... Literally since then I've been trying to speculate because no one else does

Please, point to me one place where I definitely claim it is one way or the other AND more so, please point me to the post where I say that it means anyone is scum!

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 20, 2015, 06:59:48 pm »

I know the mod didn't say it and it wasn't the claimed oracle either. 

Do you believe everything people say? 

You also mentioned more than once that there are multiple scum factions.  Again, where does your information come from?

Speculation is fine -- preface it as such.  You can't use speculation to make a point for/against a player, though.

"I speculate that masons are scum in this game.  Therefore, my case on DD is rock solid and proven."  That's nonsense, just like you basing anything on the speculation that there could be four scum of multiple factions.

If you go look at my posts, it's pretty clear that it's speculation.

And actually, yes, it was our claimed oracle btw.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

I think the chances for DeDe and hockey to not be masons are very small. Two scum claiming masons is one thing, but mail-mi also confirmed that there are masons in this game with his oracle power, meaning that if it is a scum gambit, they put not just two but three players on line - and it doesn't even make mail-mi town, so as soon as we lynched him, the whole gambit is threatened again.

So yeah. Meh. Let's treat our masons as IC's, at least for a while longer. If the game goes further and we don't hit any scum, we can still reconsider.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2015, 07:40:11 pm »

So...

That's the most plausible explanation I can think of. Otherwise there was some very fortunate scum redirection (or very unfortunate town)
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 20, 2015, 07:41:54 pm »

DD, I don't get what your point here. I first was on Awaclus, because I assumed demons are bad, but I didn't want to divulge anything about my power, so had not said anything about Lekkit claim of Awaclus being human (besides Awaclus denied that himself already when I catched up on the thread). Then right after ash mentioned Angel is demon actually I clarified with faust about rolestopping and then switched to ADK right after that.

And it is not possible that all things get flipped as I've got demon result on Awaclus, so me and Lekkit can't both be wrong (unless there are entities that are both non human and non demon)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 20, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »

DD, I don't get what your point here. I first was on Awaclus, because I assumed demons are bad, but I didn't want to divulge anything about my power, so had not said anything about Lekkit claim of Awaclus being human (besides Awaclus denied that himself already when I catched up on the thread). Then right after ash mentioned Angel is demon actually I clarified with faust about rolestopping and then switched to ADK right after that.

And it is not possible that all things get flipped as I've got demon result on Awaclus, so me and Lekkit can't both be wrong (unless there are entities that are both non human and non demon)

You also have a result on Awa?  Good to know.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2015, 07:57:53 pm »

You got a result on Awaclus last night?  So you're countering Lekkit?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »

You got a result on Awaclus last night?  So you're countering Lekkit?

This is my point, EgorK. If you knew Lekkit had a different result, why didn't you tell us? That was kind of pertinent info you only told us when I called you put

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2015, 09:18:32 pm »

Well, now it's Lekkit vs. EgorK. They are claiming opposite results on the same player.

EgorK is matching Awaclus.  If egor is lying, then, both are?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2015, 09:35:33 pm »

to me this sounds like scum!Egork messed up his claims

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »

otherwise, why would he just mention it on the side as if it was nothing?

well I guess he could also be town!Egork messing up claims
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.