Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258053 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:27 pm »

How did everyone know they couldn't be targeted in the neighborhood last night?

Faust told us.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:15 pm »

Then, I'm actually beginning to believe Awaclus. It does all make sense flavorwise, and if faust said that, it seems much less scummy - sorry I was so down you. Just thought you seemed awful scummy.

This makes me think Lekkit is lying. I don't see scum just randomly redirecting his result, because why take the risk when there were other claimed people (including oracle with buff). That makes me suspect Lekkit was lying and just jumped in their hoping his result would instantly lend credibility to the (what he knew to be wrong) read, while still sneaking in there for town cred and then still making the push look like it was mail-mi's doing.

I think mail-mi just asked it badly, but Lekkit is lying.

Vote: Lekkit.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2015, 10:24:16 pm »

Then, I'm actually beginning to believe Awaclus. It does all make sense flavorwise, and if faust said that, it seems much less scummy - sorry I was so down you. Just thought you seemed awful scummy.

This makes me think Lekkit is lying. I don't see scum just randomly redirecting his result, because why take the risk when there were other claimed people (including oracle with buff). That makes me suspect Lekkit was lying and just jumped in their hoping his result would instantly lend credibility to the (what he knew to be wrong) read, while still sneaking in there for town cred and then still making the push look like it was mail-mi's doing.

What's scum's motivation for lying about a result? To get us to mislynch Awaclus in particular (can't see why scum would be particularly afraid of him), then after he flips town, hope that we believe that he was redirected? That's a lot of risk just for one mislynch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2015, 10:38:45 pm »

What's scum's motivation for lying about a result? To get us to mislynch Awaclus in particular (can't see why scum would be particularly afraid of him), then after he flips town, hope that we believe that he was redirected? That's a lot of risk just for one mislynch.

No, I think I have not explained myself well enough.

I'm saying that, and go back and check this, Lekkit only popped in with his result aftermail-mi claimed that he was sure that awaclus was scum. The idea is that Lekkit, scum, would jump in to agree with the result with no skin off his back when he lied with the mini-claim (he even said he wasn't taking away the thunder of mail-mi's claim).

He didn't know, however, that mail-mi was incorrect and asked the wrong question (thus the false positive). He was assuming either mail-mi found the other scum faction (cool, he jumps in and they lynch scum, he gets cred) or they lynch town, but then mail-mi was the one who jumped and claimed first and drove it, he was just agreeing and his was only a small flavor based claim.

It's the perfect way for scum to get town cred and still get a lynch somewhere outside of his faction.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2015, 10:47:43 pm »

I'm saying that, and go back and check this, Lekkit only popped in with his result aftermail-mi claimed that he was sure that awaclus was scum. The idea is that Lekkit, scum, would jump in to agree with the result with no skin off his back when he lied with the mini-claim (he even said he wasn't taking away the thunder of mail-mi's claim).

He didn't know, however, that mail-mi was incorrect and asked the wrong question (thus the false positive). He was assuming either mail-mi found the other scum faction (cool, he jumps in and they lynch scum, he gets cred) or they lynch town, but then mail-mi was the one who jumped and claimed first and drove it, he was just agreeing and his was only a small flavor based claim.

It's the perfect way for scum to get town cred and still get a lynch somewhere outside of his faction.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:53 pm »

Ok. I have some power I do not want to divulge much yet, but among other things it provided me with info that ADK is not a demon and that this power could not be rolestopped. I am still not fully sure if it would be stopped by hockey power, but I do not believe faust will answer such a direct question. So if all correct ADK is not Angel

Vote: ADK

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2015, 11:51:12 pm »

Ok. I have some power I do not want to divulge much yet, but among other things it provided me with info that ADK is not a demon and that this power could not be rolestopped. I am still not fully sure if it would be stopped by hockey power, but I do not believe faust will answer such a direct question. So if all correct ADK is not Angel

I think that Egor is town, but I don't trust this result because he was in a different group than ADK.

I still want to lynch Awaclus, and I believe Lekkit. I don't think for any reason scum lies today. But it doesn't look like it's happening so unvote
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:31 am »

I don't blame Egor for this vote, and am pretty sure this is town, but there's obviously a lot going on in this game role-wise. You've got wrong information.

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2015, 12:04:13 am »

I have reason to believe that you could have an accurate result on ADK and yet him be Angel. That doesn't mean he definitely is, and if his only power is a one shot vig he's at least a safe lynch that gives us a flip.

Open nvm I see adk responded and not with a claim to have become human.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2015, 05:21:15 am »

I also said Awaclus was lying before mail-mi claimed. After asking about his flavour. Because I had a human result from him. Beacause I investigated him. Because I didn't trust him day 1. Does this really make sense if I was scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: June 20, 2015, 05:30:39 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Awaclus (1): Lekkit
Witherweaver (1): Awaclus
EgorK (2): hockeysemlan, chairs
Lekkit (1): Delirious Deleuze
A Drowned Kernel (1): EgorK

Not Voting (7): 2.71828....., Ichimaru Gin, Witherweaver, silverspawn, A Drowned Kernel, ashersky, mail-mi

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends June 27 at noon forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 20, 2015, 07:49:02 am »

I don't think Lekkit makes that claim as scum.  It doesn't gain him enough to be worth being caught.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 20, 2015, 12:20:46 pm »

I don't think Lekkit makes that claim as scum.  It doesn't gain him enough to be worth being caught.

The idea is that there's a very little chance that lying would get him caught because of the larger claim of mail-mi.

And chairs, why do you think it goes past protection?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 20, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »

Sorry, Egork

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »

Without divulging much yet, how exactly does the power work? i.e. did you specifically get a "not a demon" investigative result, or is it more like you get a result (or something else happens) only if he is a demon and now you didn't get it? If it's the latter, I think it might be worth it to have mail-mi confirm it with his oracle ability before lynching ADK, otherwise I think I like lynching him today.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »

The idea is that there's a very little chance that lying would get him caught because of the larger claim of mail-mi.

Then why doesn't he wait until after I've claimed? He doesn't know what I'm going to say, so why put himself out there first as scum? Yes, there's a good chance that Lekkit is lying, but I don't think he is.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2015, 02:08:59 pm »

Chairs, why do you think Mail-Mi was a likely night kill target?  He had quite a bit of suspicion yesterday.

I don't buy the narrative for Lekkit making up his result.  Redirection or Awaclus fake claiming are the more likely scenarios.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

I don't blame Egor for this vote, and am pretty sure this is town, but there's obviously a lot going on in this game role-wise. You've got wrong information.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »

Because it is non targeted and faust confirmed rolestop would not interfere with it. Under some condition I am told all players fulfilling some condition that are demons

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:09 pm »

Because it is non targeted and faust confirmed rolestop would not interfere with it. Under some condition I am told all players fulfilling some condition that are demons

Non-targeted doesn't sound like the hockeypower would interfere with it.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 20, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »

I don't honestly trust Egor just jumping in with this claim. Why didn't you claim earlier? Why is everyone just jumping on and trusting this?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 20, 2015, 04:31:14 pm »

I don't honestly trust Egor just jumping in with this claim. Why didn't you claim earlier? Why is everyone just jumping on and trusting this?
Yeah. This feels weird. It also sounds really similar to Lekkit's claimed power.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #897 on: June 20, 2015, 04:44:54 pm »

Just look at his earlier posts today. It'd make sense he'd want to figure the flavor out before claiming. I assume he also saw that I'm a demon, and then voted for me because he thought being a demon meant being scummy.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 20, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

Just look at his earlier posts today. It'd make sense he'd want to figure the flavor out before claiming. I assume he also saw that I'm a demon, and then voted for me because he thought being a demon meant being scummy.

No. If he was town he would've claimed that lekkit was wrong or lying. This smells so fishy. I literally just ate sushi and I still smell this.

This does not seem right. He almost gets lynched and people start voting for him and he claims this, then explains it and doesn't at all mention you? This does not seem right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2015, 04:56:09 pm »

Oh right, for a while I forgot that WW deviated us from the EgorK lynch yesterday. That's a pretty good point against him.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.