Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258082 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2015, 03:14:11 pm »

That's literally helpful to no one.

It is. Town doesn't need to know what I'm thinking, I don't want scum to know what I'm thinking, and I don't want to clutter up the thread. I'll explain my reads and stuff if there's a purpose, but not otherwise.

Except you're really not contributing. Literally just listing votes and refusing to discuss or add thoughts stagnates the game and doesn't provide town any help, who need help to find and beat scum.

Except, you know, information and reads are how people are able to find scum...

It doesn't matter that I'm not providing them because I'm not scum.

Helping the game to move forward?

If three people are telling everyone their reads, not everyone is participating, making it harder for town to actually get something done. At least sooner or later. Basically, if you want to win as town, you have to make sure the rest of town can get together and work as a group. Standing at the sidelines not doing anything is a very good way to slow the game down. It gives less information to scum, sure, but they already have an advantage. We overcome it by sharing thoughts and forcing them to share their "fake thoughts" as well. That's how we win. By not contributing, you're very much doing anti-town stuff.

Vote: Awaclus

For blatantly not helping out.

This is partially a policy vote, but I also think you're one of the scummier people around because of it.

But I am participating and contributing.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »

Hmm I fucked up.
My post ended up in a quote (sorry on phone)

Except you're really not contributing. Literally just listing votes and refusing to discuss or add thoughts stagnates the game and doesn't provide town any help, who need help to find and beat scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2015, 03:22:36 pm »

Hmm I fucked up.

I disagree.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2015, 03:24:15 pm »

Hmm I fucked up.

I disagree.

Then I'm glad where my vote is on policy.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2015, 03:34:38 pm »

Hmm I fucked up.

I disagree.

Policy votes on townies are certainly much less helpful than what I'm doing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2015, 03:38:19 pm »

Hmm I fucked up.

Except I think you're scummy too, re/post I made before you refused to give thoughts.

I disagree.

Policy votes on townies are certainly much less helpful than what I'm doing.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »

God damn I hate phones, I'm going to stop quoting. Sorry everyone

Except I think you're scummy too, re/post I made before you refused to give thoughts.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2015, 03:47:12 pm »

Awackus is experienced isn't he? I've seen this kind of behaviour one before on mafiascum and that time the person was town. Is this likely for Awaclus, you who played with him before? Or is he, God forbid, always like this? I can't recall it from the games I've read but I don't know if Awaclus was in any of them either so..

No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2015, 03:49:38 pm »

This has a tendency to happen when I play with people for the first time. It's my town meta to do this, and it is my scum meta to be actually helpful.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2015, 03:55:39 pm »

This has a tendency to happen when I play with people for the first time. It's my town meta to do this, and it is my scum meta to be actually helpful.

Basing reads of metas is usually a bad plan because people can say things like this and also change. The fact that you're aware of your meta makes me not trust you at all.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2015, 03:59:14 pm »

I would have preferred EgorK though. He is extremely low activity and never responded to my posts.

Had any of your posts contained questions for me? I do not understand what you are doing here.

3 pages to read

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »

Yes, telling us how not inline with your scum meta you're acting and how aware you are of it is doing great wonders for your towniness.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2015, 04:06:15 pm »

Basing reads of metas is usually a bad plan because people can say things like this and also change.

I've been trying to make my scum play look more like this, too, but it's super difficult and I always end up being actually helpful.

Yes, telling us how not inline with your scum meta you're acting and how aware you are of it is doing great wonders for your towniness.

Every time I've done it, I've been town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2015, 04:09:46 pm »

So what do you plan to do next time you're scum?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2015, 04:13:22 pm »

I think we might want to reconsider an ADK lynch. ashersky was right that as long as town controls the extra lynch, it doesn't matter of it's scum who shoots - only, town didn't control it. ADK just chose a random target. I could easily see scum having a second one-shot killing role in this setup. Or, who knows, maybe he's a SK who shoots during the day and plans to not use his shot in further days - although, in that case, he probably did try to hit scum.

Is there any sense to have SK/2 scum factions flavorwise? If yes, I'd sheep silver here

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2015, 04:17:38 pm »

I plan to vote for people without explanation, and tell them "because you're scum" when they ask me why. But what's probably going to happen is that I'll feel enormous pressure to justify my votes and then I just have to not bring up my meta and hope that nobody remembers what it's like (that worked out pretty well last time).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2015, 04:21:54 pm »

I plan to vote for people without explanation, and tell them "because you're scum" when they ask me why. But what's probably going to happen is that I'll feel enormous pressure to justify my votes and then I just have to not bring up my meta and hope that nobody remembers what it's like (that worked out pretty well last time).

So why should we possibly believe you didn't roll scum this game and are better executing that plan?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2015, 04:23:08 pm »

Vote: ADK actually

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

silverspawn (1): Witherweaver
Delirious Deleuze (1): chairs
Ichimaru Gin (1): Awaclus
ashersky (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): Hydrad
EgorK (1): Ichimaru Gin
hockeysemlan (1): ahsersky
Awaclus (3): Delirious Deleuze, hockeysemlan, Lekkit
A Drowned Kernel (1): EgorK

Not Voting (3): silverspawn, A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828.....

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. D1 ends on June 16, noon forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

I don't think ADK is a good vote. I don't think he'd claim and give up his shot if he was scum just so everyone might believe he's town. He also did it right away which can flows with the narrative of his PR, because he'd realize he'd have to use it today and so he announced it. There was no clear wagon on anyone at the time, save a mini one on mail-mi, who ADK expressed that he did not want to shoot early on. Early on he had suspicion of Ghacob. And he needed to use it or scum would get it tomorrow. I won't be voting for ADK today, I don't think there's a good enough case and I don't think he was scummy at all, but in fact very Towny.

I would like to hear more from Mail-Mi, because although I think he's town now I'm still hesitant.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2015, 04:36:02 pm »

So why should we possibly believe you didn't roll scum this game and are better executing that plan?

Because there's no reason to believe otherwise.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »

Because there's no reason to believe otherwise.

That logic is horrid. You shouldn't just assume people are town because they didn't clearly indicate they were scum. You should view everyone wearily and in a vacuum so that you can garner information only from what is at hand. It's very easy to realize metas and change them, as you prove. Also, there kind of are reasons to feel you're scummy. Again, go look at my post where I already called you scummy before you started being stubborn about not helping.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2015, 04:41:09 pm »

Regarding meta arguments: I would argue that almost all of us "veteran" players are fairly self-aware of our metas, whether or not we manage to break out of them.

vote: ashersky.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2015, 04:43:22 pm »

Also, I highly doubt ADKs flavor claim is false. Angel is probably one of the biggest characters flavor wise, and if he actually wasn't angel, the real angel would have spoke up. And I don't think angel would be town, anyway, and his PR fits the gig.

PPE(1): this is why I think claiming your town because your meta is bad. People are usually aware of their meta after a while and it's easy to change.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2015, 04:50:41 pm »

That logic is horrid. You shouldn't just assume people are town because they didn't clearly indicate they were scum. You should view everyone wearily and in a vacuum so that you can garner information only from what is at hand. It's very easy to realize metas and change them, as you prove. Also, there kind of are reasons to feel you're scummy. Again, go look at my post where I already called you scummy before you started being stubborn about not helping.

I prove that it's very easy to realize metas. It is, however, not easy to change them, as my performance in my past scum games proves.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 20 queries.