Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258086 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2015, 02:00:26 pm »

Oh chairs, since ADK posted flavor name, does that help you?

He probably shouldn't keep sharing this info.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »

Fair enough, I'm just still suspicious of him. I'll be more confident tomorrow when mail-mi shares what happened

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2015, 02:13:12 pm »

Agreed - if I continued to share data on who I could and could not use my power on, we'd really be encountering awkward trouble there (to the point that I'd probably be better just coming out with the restriction).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2015, 02:13:46 pm »

I think we might want to reconsider an ADK lynch. ashersky was right that as long as town controls the extra lynch, it doesn't matter of it's scum who shoots - only, town didn't control it. ADK just chose a random target. I could easily see scum having a second one-shot killing role in this setup. Or, who knows, maybe he's a SK who shoots during the day and plans to not use his shot in further days - although, in that case, he probably did try to hit scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2015, 02:15:57 pm »

I think we might want to reconsider an ADK lynch. ashersky was right that as long as town controls the extra lynch, it doesn't matter of it's scum who shoots - only, town didn't control it. ADK just chose a random target. I could easily see scum having a second one-shot killing role in this setup. Or, who knows, maybe he's a SK who shoots during the day and plans to not use his shot in further days - although, in that case, he probably did try to hit scum.

I don't think that's likely at all.  And I really don't think he made up the flavor thing. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:00 pm »

I don't think that's likely at all.  And I really don't think he made up the flavor thing.

Why do you not think it's likely besides the rest of his claim?

I guess players rarely just make up restrictions out of nowhere - but his claim could still be partially true. Granted, I didn't think through exactly how it could fit into a scum role.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »

The first scenario makes no sense. I think I explained it in my earlier post, but scum would be much better served not claiming it and saving it for when it's REALLY useful, like shooting someone to get an advantage later on. I don't think a D1 claim for scum!ADK makes any sense unless he's a SK, but at this point, I don't see why he'd claim this early either.

PPE(2): yeah. I mean we can never rule it out completely, but yeah. Not today.

Silver, I just a don't think scum has incentive to claim besides a very long, which possible, is still less strategic compared to just saving it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2015, 02:21:26 pm »

His actual claim is actually kind of odd - how high was the chance for him to be targeted by both a NK and a protective role? also, where even is the flavor logic that his ability becomes evil if he is being protected from something evil? ADK, can you explain it a little bit more?

PPE 1

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2015, 02:22:58 pm »

The first scenario makes no sense. I think I explained it in my earlier post, but scum would be much better served not claiming it and saving it for when it's REALLY useful, like shooting someone to get an advantage later on. I don't think a D1 claim for scum!ADK makes any sense unless he's a SK, but at this point, I don't see why he'd claim this early either.

I don't think this is true. Using it day 1 seems like a safe town kill which also gives him town cred. Later, it'd probably be harder to believably sell it to us.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »

Awaclus: He literally voted for hockey and disappeared. He hasn't been around. I don't have a lot of thoughts because of the lack of content, but I have a slight scum feel I can't put down too much here. He hasn't been trying to read people, casting votes out of basically no where and with no reasons/explanations, and he hasn't really done anything except make joke posts/ defensive arguments. Slight scum, okay with a vote here, but I'm hesitant because the lack of content.

I have been reading and I have my reasons. I just don't share them, that's all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2015, 02:24:31 pm »

Why do you not think it's likely besides the rest of his claim?

I guess players rarely just make up restrictions out of nowhere - but his claim could still be partially true. Granted, I didn't think through exactly how it could fit into a scum role.

Partially meta, read.. ADK sounds town, and his thought process makes sense.  Also, Angel was a good guy.  Or, well, "good".  The whole thing makes a lot of flavor sense.  It also tells us that the bad guys are Vampire-aligned, which makes sense.  Though if he were Vampire-aligned, he would know that, but Angel shouldn't be.

ADK claiming 1-shot vig and not using it makes him likely to be targeted by a NK and protective role.  Him feeling the need to claim in the first place, I'm not so sure about.  But it makes more sense as town!ADK than scum!ADK.

PPEs

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2015, 02:26:38 pm »

ADK claiming 1-shot vig and not using it makes him likely to be targeted by a NK and protective role.

well, yeah, after he claimed it he had to use it for sure.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »

Awaclus: He literally voted for hockey and disappeared. He hasn't been around. I don't have a lot of thoughts because of the lack of content, but I have a slight scum feel I can't put down too much here. He hasn't been trying to read people, casting votes out of basically no where and with no reasons/explanations, and he hasn't really done anything except make joke posts/ defensive arguments. Slight scum, okay with a vote here, but I'm hesitant because the lack of content.

I have been reading and I have my reasons. I just don't share them, that's all.

That's literally helpful to no one.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2015, 02:27:57 pm »

Agreed - if I continued to share data on who I could and could not use my power on, we'd really be encountering awkward trouble there (to the point that I'd probably be better just coming out with the restriction).

If I feel your town should I flavor claim? I don't see how it could help scum from my position. Unless someone brings up points of why I shouldn't I'm thinking of trusting chairs here and seeing if I can help him.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2015, 02:29:27 pm »

also huh interesting vig shot. I think ghacob was a fine shot my biggest issue was that I was hoping this shot would have a vig wagon or something so we could see who wanted to kill who. But no one really was on ghacob so we didn't really get much info from it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »

also huh interesting vig shot. I think ghacob was a fine shot my biggest issue was that I was hoping this shot would have a vig wagon or something so we could see who wanted to kill who. But no one really was on ghacob so we didn't really get much info from it.

+++++

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2015, 02:31:13 pm »

If I feel your town should I flavor claim? I don't see how it could help scum from my position. Unless someone brings up points of why I shouldn't I'm thinking of trusting chairs here and seeing if I can help him.

I think for now, don't, until we here from mail-no tomorrow.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »

At the hotel in Germany now. Short post for now.

I think hockeysemlan and DD are masons. The only way that claim makes sense for scum is if there is one scum faction and they both are part of it, which seems kind of risky. Especially day 1.

The Angel role does make sense flavor wise. Until you realize Angel don't really like to kill non-vampires. I'm not entirely sold on the whole idea that ADK is town just because he claimed Angel. Also, the birch tree kill totally doesn't seem like Angel. At all.

After claiming, he had a target on his back and would much more likely be targeted by a possible doctor and a nightkill. Before that, not so much. I think the better choice would be to save it for later, but ADK might have other reasons.

What was your reason to claim early day 1, ADK?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2015, 02:34:31 pm »

+++++

You all could be very right, but I think there wasn't really any clear wagon anyway, so that's not really an argument. There was a small wagon on mail-no (who ADK was against for a while) and random vote here and there. He couldn't really give up his shot either and had to use it D1 or he'd lose it to scum.

PPE(1): I think ADK meant that if he doesn't shoot today he loses it, not if he's protected at all. Although the flavor doesn't seem to match up well in the kill (trees wtf). But still, for now I trust him.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »

Flavor-wise, Angel used to be Angelus, and I think the argument for restoring Angelus (evil version of Angel) would be in this thing that happened: "For experiencing a moment of pure happiness, however, the gypsy curse on Angel is revoked, unleashing his soulless alter-ego, who reunites with his old friends, vampires Spike (James Marsters) and Drusilla (Juliet Landau), and begins terrorizing Buffy and her friends."

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2015, 02:44:18 pm »

It is. Town doesn't need to know what I'm thinking, I don't want scum to know what I'm thinking, and I don't want to clutter up the thread. I'll explain my reads and stuff if there's a purpose, but not otherwise.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »

yeah, not a fan of the Ghacob kill, but we would have had to be very fortunate to actually hit scum.  Not the end of the world.  Plus, insuring that ADK's kill was not given to scum was important.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

It is. Town doesn't need to know what I'm thinking, I don't want scum to know what I'm thinking, and I don't want to clutter up the thread. I'll explain my reads and stuff if there's a purpose, but not otherwise.

Except, you know, information and reads are how people are able to find scum...

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2015, 02:52:51 pm »

Helping the game to move forward?

If three people are telling everyone their reads, not everyone is participating, making it harder for town to actually get something done. At least sooner or later. Basically, if you want to win as town, you have to make sure the rest of town can get together and work as a group. Standing at the sidelines not doing anything is a very good way to slow the game down. It gives less information to scum, sure, but they already have an advantage. We overcome it by sharing thoughts and forcing them to share their "fake thoughts" as well. That's how we win. By not contributing, you're very much doing anti-town stuff.

Vote: Awaclus

For blatantly not helping out.

This is partially a policy vote, but I also think you're one of the scummier people around because of it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2015, 03:12:22 pm »

Except, you know, information and reads are how people are able to find scum...

It doesn't matter that I'm not providing them because I'm not scum.

Helping the game to move forward?

If three people are telling everyone their reads, not everyone is participating, making it harder for town to actually get something done. At least sooner or later. Basically, if you want to win as town, you have to make sure the rest of town can get together and work as a group. Standing at the sidelines not doing anything is a very good way to slow the game down. It gives less information to scum, sure, but they already have an advantage. We overcome it by sharing thoughts and forcing them to share their "fake thoughts" as well. That's how we win. By not contributing, you're very much doing anti-town stuff.

Vote: Awaclus

For blatantly not helping out.

This is partially a policy vote, but I also think you're one of the scummier people around because of it.

But I am participating and contributing.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.