Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258088 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:21 am »

Please don't shoot mail-mi. I'd like him to stay alive for D2 as he is a known-good target for my power and can confirm it's been utilized on him (although I would prefer he keep the details of the power secret, it is one that he will get to see the results of to provide feedback on its utility to Town).

If it matters:

vigv0te: WW

Haven't liked his play that very much. It's aggressive, short and pushy in my mind. Doesn't need to be scum, but could as well be.

Well I guess I know you're not insincere.. what is the motivation for scum to be aggressive, short, and pushy?  Not liking a style of play shouldn't be confused with thinking someone is scum. 

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:51 am »

I think Ghacob is an acceptable shot.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:47 am »

THREAD LOCKED!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2015, 12:12:18 pm »

At the Hyperion, a big welcome awaits the Scooby Gang. "We're so glad you're here", says Wesley. "You don't know what's been going on - Wolfram&Hart have manage to extract changeling's powers into a device that lets you appear as someone else. They could have already infiltrated us without our knowledge. We-"

"What is a 'Wolf ram endart'?", interrupts Dawn.

"So basically anyone of us could actually be an ugly green monster, and we wouldn't know? Peachy", says Buffy.

"I... don't think I'm green", responds Dawn.

"Actually", Xanders utters in a scared voice, "you are, I think."

Before everyone's eyes, Dawn's hand starts transforming, turn green and brown and splitting into branches. The process soon takes over her whole body. Her feet are drawn together, forming a single trunk, and within moments, all that is left in Dawn's place is a small Birch tree, standing in the center of the Hyperion's lobby.

Ghacob has been killed. He was Dawn Summers, the Town-aligned Kleptomaniac Teenager!

THREAD UNLOCKED!
The Day action window is now closed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:19:49 pm by faust »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2015, 12:15:10 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

silverspawn (1): Witherweaver
Delirious Deleuze (1): chairs
Ichimaru Gin (1): Awaclus
ashersky (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): Hydrad
EgorK (1): Ichimaru Gin
hockeysemlan (1): ahsersky

Not Voting (7): EgorK, silverspawn, A Drowned Kernel, Lekkit, Delirious Deleuze, hockeysemlan, 2.71828.....

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. D1 ends on June 16, noon forum time.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2015, 12:19:44 pm »

So ADK, what was your reasoning here...? I feel like ghacob wasn't really much under discussion and before you didn't appear to want to kill him? It just seemed somewhat out of nowhere.

Also, could scum have had a PR to appear like town when they die?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 12, 2015, 12:27:34 pm »

I will be somewhat low activity today since I'm going on a day trip.

Thoughts. I believe the mason claim I think...though I don't really get that they purposefully tried to have hockey act more scummy?

Ghacob is an ok shot. I would have preferred EgorK though. He is extremely low activity and never responded to my posts.

@DeDe Generally not. I think something like that falls more into bastard territory.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2015, 12:29:21 pm »

Oh. Yeah. I had written this up just before faust locked the thread. Guess Ghacob wasn't such a good shot  :(

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:15 pm »

For D1, Ghacob was a good guess. It's disappointing it didn't work out, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2015, 12:34:08 pm »

Please don't shoot mail-mi. I'd like him to stay alive for D2 as he is a known-good target for my power and can confirm it's been utilized on him (although I would prefer he keep the details of the power secret, it is one that he will get to see the results of to provide feedback on its utility to Town).

If it matters:

vigv0te: WW

Haven't liked his play that very much. It's aggressive, short and pushy in my mind. Doesn't need to be scum, but could as well be.

Well I guess I know you're not insincere.. what is the motivation for scum to be aggressive, short, and pushy?  Not liking a style of play shouldn't be confused with thinking someone is scum.
For some reason, hockey just doesn't like people he sees as aggressive I guess. I don't care for it though. It feels like he's conflating 2 different things like you said.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »

So who should be the lynch? I'm still very much of the opinion that mail-mo is a good lynch choice.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2015, 12:40:00 pm »

mail-mi isn't a good lynch choice, and that's all I have to say on that.

Here's the full claim, and now it might make more sense why I was willing to shoot randomly at the last second: I am Angel. I am a 1-shot Dayvig, but if I'm successfully protected from being killed at night, then I lose the Dayvig and it becomes a Vampire controlled Night Kill. Using it day one seemed like the best way from preventing scum from getting an extra kill, though it's unfortunate that it didn't work out.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2015, 12:43:22 pm »

Here's the full claim, and now it might make more sense why I was willing to shoot randomly at the last second: I am Angel. I am a 1-shot Dayvig, but if I'm successfully protected from being killed at night, then I lose the Dayvig and it becomes a Vampire controlled Night Kill. Using it day one seemed like the best way from preventing scum from getting an extra kill, though it's unfortunate that it didn't work out.

Since you've used up your shot, there's no downside to you being protected?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2015, 12:43:35 pm »

That makes a lot of sense from the flavor.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »

Not that I know of from my role.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

Try to verify with faust in your PM?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »

Try to verify with faust in your PM?

By which I mean, there's no inherent downside to me being protected having to do with my role anymore. Who knows what wacky flavor shit is out there.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2015, 12:53:14 pm »

Ah. That makes sense why you needed to use it today.

And wow my plan was definitely a bad idea. :P
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2015, 01:07:23 pm »

That's fair enough. I was confused at first because it didn't seem like anyone was pushing for ghacob, but looking back he was one of the first people at which you were looking... But the only suspicion you had of him then was his interaction with Hockey and it seeming faked... Other than that It doesn't seem like there as much of any talk about him besides one or two comments. Why did you choose him "randomly" when there where other people actually being discussed?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »

Regardless, besides me, it seems like 5 people were pushing the wagon for hockey. I'll try to give my thoughts here.

Mail-Mi: While I was pushing for mail0mi for a while, I think I may have been wrong. I thought it was very scummy to try to delay the vig shot because he assumed it would be protected. I just don't think that's probably and that's a big risk to take as a townie, but rereading his recent posts, I get the impression he's more town than I thought and I think my theory opposition has led me a bit astray here. I found the fact that he kept switching his vote without much content to be kind of scummy, because he's just pushing votes, but it could just be that he's sparse in posts right now and busy IRL (he mentioned and realized he's absent, it seems). I think after some time, he seems a bit more town to me. At the very least, I think people are right that he may be a lot more helpful later on. I'm feeling town here. I don't want to vote here.

Ichi: I have a strong town read on ichi. He has an aggressive play style, but I think he just wants to push people and put pressure on them to see what they'll do, and given that he'll try to figure out their alignment from that response (on rereading again, he actually says this directly). I feel it's a very towny thing to do, and to put a lot of heat on people is not always smart for scum to do so directly because it can easily call attention to them for trying to get a mislynch. He's been generally helpful and I think providing content, at least, and giving a lot of info through reactions. I do not want to vote here.

Ash: There's not a lot of content here, so I can't say much. I get a slight town vibe. I'd like to see more here before a lynch.

ADK: I feel very strongly he's town. The claim right away pushes me this way, and I don't feel a scum vig would do this (and I don't see any incentive for scum not to wait, too). The only possibility is it's a very long ploy to get us to believe him, but I think the risk there is very small and I don't believe it's true. His reads have been helpful and he's generally very helpful in games. Will not vote here.

Awaclus: He literally voted for hockey and disappeared. He hasn't been around. I don't have a lot of thoughts because of the lack of content, but I have a slight scum feel I can't put down too much here. He hasn't been trying to read people, casting votes out of basically no where and with no reasons/explanations, and he hasn't really done anything except make joke posts/ defensive arguments. Slight scum, okay with a vote here, but I'm hesitant because the lack of content.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2015, 01:32:18 pm »

Oh so, yeah, Vote: Awaclus.

I'd really like to hear more from EgorK and Hydrad. Egork has given me a slight scum feel.

I feel very town on WW, Silver, and e.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:04 pm »

VOLT STYLE TIME (because all the cool kids are doing it)

1. 2.71828.....
2. Hydrad
3. chairs
4. EgorK
5. Ichimaru Gin
6. Witherweaver
7. silverspawn
8. ashersky
9. hockeysemlan
10. Ghacob
11. A Drowned Kernel
12. Awaclus
13. Lekkit
14. Delirious Deleuze
15. mail-mi

Feeling good about that trim to my D1 prospects. This isn't "these people are conf!town" is they're struck out mind you, and I'm also including deaders with flip alignment shown to keep track.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2015, 01:48:26 pm »

VOLT STYLE TIME (because all the cool kids are doing it)

1. 2.71828.....
2. Hydrad
3. chairs
4. EgorK
5. Ichimaru Gin
6. Witherweaver
7. silverspawn
8. ashersky
9. hockeysemlan
10. Ghacob
11. A Drowned Kernel
12. Awaclus
13. Lekkit
14. Delirious Deleuze
15. mail-mi

Feeling good about that trim to my D1 prospects. This isn't "these people are conf!town" is they're struck out mind you, and I'm also including deaders with flip alignment shown to keep track.

This is so exciting! I know Volt IRL!? He's INTERNET FAMOUS :)

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2015, 01:56:04 pm »

We're pretty close to out of time, and it's probably very, very bad if I don't use this. At moment, I'm thinking Ghacob for the shot.

That was unexpected.. I'm not against it per se, but have anyone voted him?

PPE:1

Well you were/are actually voting for him.

Two different things. I lynchvoted him to possible get some reactions. He provided a readslist that seemed town!Ghacob, but since he kept lurking after that I kept the vote on him. But sooner or later I probably would remove it, my reads wasn't enough to actually want him dead today.

Regardless. I didn't like that we had to kill two people D1, rather you than Ghacob for the vig but whatever. Done is done. You're practically null anyway. As IG points out some playstiles confuses me, aggression is not a tell of alignment really, and I try to remember that. No need to lynchvote you or suspect you more than anyone else.

Awaclus on the other hand. I sheep DeDe.

Vote: Awaclus
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2015, 01:57:10 pm »

Oh chairs, since ADK posted flavor name, does that help you?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.