Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258151 times)

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2015, 05:10:21 pm »

vigv0te: hockeysemlan

for buddying the guy that suspects him.

Bah. I'm not buddying anyone in particuliar. Just people who trying to give content early on. I'm null on DeDe, but can't get where all the aggression came from.

But I'm just a new guy, don't mind me..

This smells of scumminess. Hockey keeps pushing that he's a new player and barely contributing beyond that, and always with the "I'm new!!!" caveat. I feel like this is newbie scum just trying to fly under the radar, not directly accusing, and trying to defend others so no one suspects him.

I like where my vote is here.

Okey.. What should I do then? This is RMM, for god sake, I have zero clue, actually. You didn't even know that everyone had some sort of PR, are you really the one to nag on other newbs? Do you want me to claim perhaps, or what? Tell me anything, obviously you know how to play this so give me all advice you have..

I just being able to build some reads, I just recently made a non-RVS-vote. What more do you want? Not everyone can provide a wall of text this early. Actually we only need one since the reads this early are pretty far out anyway.

No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2015, 05:21:09 pm »

Just quit reminding us you're new with every post  8)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2015, 05:41:13 pm »

Too many people, too many posts.

People I don't want to vig:

Dede, silver, probably not ash but that's less certain. The first two are providing a lot of good content, the latter is someone I don't like getting rid of on day one on principle.

e is someone I could vig, he seemed a little to quick to give me towncred for my claim. I might shoot a habitual lurker like chairs or mail-mi but I'm hoping we can do better than that.

I think I'll try and take a closer look at Ghacob and hockey, I almost get a bit of a partner vibe off of this post:

I know that I for one could just as easily, and I'm getting from IG that he could have as well, created an extremely similar large reads list with little content, but we're not doing that because that doesn't actually Do anything

Should I demonstrate and get all the townpointscred?

Enough with all this scumpainting on town-moves, you are not alone with this, absolutely not, but with your low posting except this I smell scum. DeDes post was good, except his confused vote on me. Why so many gave him a hard time because of it is..odd.

Vote: Ghacob
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2015, 05:43:05 pm »

vigv0te: hockeysemlan

for buddying the guy that suspects him.

Bah. I'm not buddying anyone in particuliar. Just people who trying to give content early on. I'm null on DeDe, but can't get where all the aggression came from.

But I'm just a new guy, don't mind me..

This smells of scumminess. Hockey keeps pushing that he's a new player and barely contributing beyond that, and always with the "I'm new!!!" caveat. I feel like this is newbie scum just trying to fly under the radar, not directly accusing, and trying to defend others so no one suspects him.

I like where my vote is here.

Okey.. What should I do then? This is RMM, for god sake, I have zero clue, actually. You didn't even know that everyone had some sort of PR, are you really the one to nag on other newbs? Do you want me to claim perhaps, or what? Tell me anything, obviously you know how to play this so give me all advice you have..

I just being able to build some reads, I just recently made a non-RVS-vote. What more do you want? Not everyone can provide a wall of text this early. Actually we only need one since the reads this early are pretty far out anyway.

Yea, but I'm not continuously reminding people in new to this game. You can try to make reds. All you've been doing so far is basically defending me and then reminding people you're new... And now you're freaking out because I think you're scummy. New scum often try to play off their newbieness, especially if the other more experienced scum players tell them too. You've basically been absent from discussions and when you tentatively accuse someone or defend someone it's always with a caveat of being new so people don't suspect you for anything. It just seems super scummy to me.

PPE 1

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 11, 2015, 05:48:09 pm »

Too many people, too many posts.

People I don't want to vig:

Dede, silver, probably not ash but that's less certain. The first two are providing a lot of good content, the latter is someone I don't like getting rid of on day one on principle.

e is someone I could vig, he seemed a little to quick to give me towncred for my claim. I might shoot a habitual lurker like chairs or mail-mi but I'm hoping we can do better than that.

I think I'll try and take a closer look at Ghacob and hockey, I almost get a bit of a partner vibe off of this post:

I know that I for one could just as easily, and I'm getting from IG that he could have as well, created an extremely similar large reads list with little content, but we're not doing that because that doesn't actually Do anything

Should I demonstrate and get all the townpointscred?

Enough with all this scumpainting on town-moves, you are not alone with this, absolutely not, but with your low posting except this I smell scum. DeDes post was good, except his confused vote on me. Why so many gave him a hard time because of it is..odd.

Vote: Ghacob

This is actually a good point. Why does his low posting make him agreeing with me being scummy seem like he is more scum?

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:43 pm »

Yea, but I'm not continuously reminding people in new to this game. You can try to make reds. All you've been doing so far is basically defending me and then reminding people you're new... And now you're freaking out because I think you're scummy. New scum often try to play off their newbieness, especially if the other more experienced scum players tell them too. You've basically been absent from discussions and when you tentatively accuse someone or defend someone it's always with a caveat of being new so people don't suspect you for anything. It just seems super scummy to me.

PPE 1

I don't like the discussions. The vig-thing? Ah, well, we most likely hit town so the two vote mechanics confuses me. I have found one scumread. Should I vig or lynch him? I vigvoted mail-mi anyway to not shy away from getting a stand. But I rather listen to the discussion than provide since I don't know slack. Ash seems towny for pushing it, but could be the other way around as far as I know.

The mess around you? IG seems town after it since I've seen him be this aggressive before as town. But then again. Annoying. Weird. I don't know.

Ghacob -also rather new- should like town moves, I liked your post, why does he suspect it? Hence scumread

WW, he is WW as far as I can see. Probably scum therefor.

You are townish. See. I avoid OMGUS. Proskill.

Thats what I got. Woho, pro-content indeed!

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

No time to do a reads list right now, real life is happening
When is the deadline for the vig? We have one day left, right?

PPE: 3

really quick go through, to be expanded on later:
hockey: give me a few days (game in progress)
chairs: suspicious of, not necessarily scummish behavior, but I'd like someone that really knows the flavor to think about what this might mean
DeDe: could easily be late town, or planned scum behavior, overall null
WW: towny, clearly a good player
e - post more maybe?
egorK: hasn't done too much other than blend in
IG: very slight scum for dumb meta reading reasons, I usually don't like him and am suspicious of him when he's town, I don't feel as such now, therefor I'm suspicious
Real life: Very scummy
Forum game: null/slight town, going to have to return to this one later

I'll be back at some point with more detail and a finished list
PPE: 1
Gender happened.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »

their actions reminded me of town!me, but I'm new.

So you needed a remainder, huh?

PPE: about 3 pages

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2015, 06:16:38 pm »

I forgot EgorK was in this game. Also three pages were posted in the time it took you to write that?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2015, 06:24:47 pm »

chairs: suspicious of, not necessarily scummish behavior, but I'd like someone that really knows the flavor to think about what this might mean

I've been trying to figure this out. The best flavor I can come up with is that he is some sort of watcher-esque player. Probably able to tell the PR from the flavor name (like consulting the books) or is able to tell if they're lying or something. I'm not sure. That would mean Giles, Westley, or another watcher from the show. He could also be someone like Willow who did a lot of research... Then again, a lot of the big bads also were able to know things based on the names of villians (everyone knew The Master, or Spike, or Angelus, etc.), so I have no idea. I don't think we'll be able to determine who he is from the scant info we know.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2015, 06:29:16 pm »

I forgot EgorK was in this game. Also three pages were posted in the time it took you to write that?

No, I just preferred to quote that right away before reading everything else.

IG seems scummy to me here. Pushed DD for some time, seen it got him nowhere and decided to back off. Mail-mi and Ghacob seems scummier still

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2015, 06:31:32 pm »

PPE 1

I don't like the discussions. The vig-thing? Ah, well, we most likely hit town so the two vote mechanics confuses me. I have found one scumread. Should I vig or lynch him? I vigvoted mail-mi anyway to not shy away from getting a stand. But I rather listen to the discussion than provide since I don't know slack. Ash seems towny for pushing it, but could be the other way around as far as I know.

The mess around you? IG seems town after it since I've seen him be this aggressive before as town. But then again. Annoying. Weird. I don't know.

Ghacob -also rather new- should like town moves, I liked your post, why does he suspect it? Hence scumread

WW, he is WW as far as I can see. Probably scum therefor.

Thats what I got. Woho, pro-content indeed!

Have you been reading old games or something?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2015, 06:33:12 pm »

IG seems scummy to me here. Pushed DD for some time, seen it got him nowhere and decided to back off. Mail-mi and Ghacob seems scummier still

I don't understand why you think Mail-Mi is scummy.  So far I think only Ash presented a real case; everyone else was disagreeing with Mail-Mi on theory issues and therefore wanting to vig him, which seems bad to me.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »

Please. DD pushed me first--I was just responding to him. I engaged with him, and his last couple posts have been more townie. If everyone is just going to defend him, there's no point in pushing a wagon doomed to fail either. I'm just one man.

Frankly, your inconsistency and doubletalk is annoying. If I was still as fervid about DD as ever, you'd find me scummy for continuing to "tunnel" him or whatever--you'll spin everything to support your existing read on me. Bad feels about Egork right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »

I also recall nothing scummy about mail-mi. Have you even played with Ghacob before? Cause considering the games I have played with him, he reads pretty null to me here.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

I like vote: EgorK. Pushing bad wagons and has me down as a "safe" backup vote.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

Wow. Rereading him, I can't say he's not consistent. He does express little scumreads on me and Ghacob at least early on, but he has very little content.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2015, 06:46:11 pm »

Yes. Some. I noted you were scum 9 times in a row or something like it. It's legit to auto-scumread you.

Logic? What now?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2015, 06:50:02 pm »

This is very very scummy. vigv0te: hockeysemlan
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »

I've seen him be this aggressive before as town. But then again. Annoying. Weird. I don't know.
I fail to see how this is the case. I don't play this game passively. People need to be pressured so their reactions can be gauged.
When I first started playing, I was exceedingly timid and saw that no one listened to me--and I wasn't really helping.
I don't think I've been especially aggressive this game at all. I just find people's attempts to paint me insufferable. I'm not the only aggressive player 'round these parts either...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

I've been trying to figure this out. The best flavor I can come up with is that he is some sort of watcher-esque player. Probably able to tell the PR from the flavor name (like consulting the books) or is able to tell if they're lying or something. I'm not sure. That would mean Giles, Westley, or another watcher from the show. He could also be someone like Willow who did a lot of research... Then again, a lot of the big bads also were able to know things based on the names of villians (everyone knew The Master, or Spike, or Angelus, etc.), so I have no idea. I don't think we'll be able to determine who he is from the scant info we know.

tl;dr my role only functions on a certain subset of players, and flavor name (if honestly given) lets me know if it will work on you. It's... weird. I'm not sure whether to use it much, honestly, because I think if I use it on the wrong player we could end up with things going poorly.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »

Yes. Some. I noted you were scum 9 times in a row or something like it. It's legit to auto-scumread you.

Logic? What now?

vigv0te: hockey
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2015, 07:01:21 pm »

Yep. I'm switching to vigv0te: hockey as well.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2015, 07:16:00 pm »

Logic? What now?

vigv0te: hockey

really? for making no sense? you think a noob is going to be purposefully stubborn as scum?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.