Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 257993 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2015, 02:03:04 pm »

Ultimately, it's hard for me to explain why I'm 60% confident ashersky is scum right now, which is why I just said it.  I generally play (when I'm active and not just lurking too hard for words) by providing gut reads that I (usually) can't explain, but that's how I roll. As it happens, I think I do a pretty decent job of it, when I don't get sidetracked by trying to justify my reads with evidence instead of just saying "This is what I'm feeling right now".

Okay, thanks for saying it at least.

I try to provide reasons. I guess we're different. That's fine.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2015, 02:20:04 pm »

<i>read into them</i> to try to get info. I'm sorry.

teh scumzlipz

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2015, 02:22:25 pm »

If we didn't all have personal QT's, this might even be a real one.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:11 pm »

Ultimately, it's hard for me to explain why I'm 60% confident ashersky is scum right now, which is why I just said it.  I generally play (when I'm active and not just lurking too hard for words) by providing gut reads that I (usually) can't explain, but that's how I roll. As it happens, I think I do a pretty decent job of it, when I don't get sidetracked by trying to justify my reads with evidence instead of just saying "This is what I'm feeling right now".

it would be breathtakingly amazing if you could actually predict that someone is scum with 60% on day 1, much less ashersky.

I have my doubts though.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »

it would be breathtakingly amazing if you could actually predict that someone is scum with 60% on day 1, much less ashersky.

I have my doubts though.

Well, I went ahead and put this in my personal QT as my reasoning, and I'll go ahead and throw it in here. scum!ash feels more likely to try to shotgun on D1, whereas town!ash really seems to tunnel like a madman on D1. To me, ash feels more shotgunny.

I don't know if that makes sense or not, but that's what I'm triggering off of for him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »

Except he's tunneling Mail-Mi...

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »

Yes, because at that time you didn't provide evidence at all. If he evidence is sparse now that doesn't mean we should use it. You seem to be of the opinion that because of that we just shouldn't try to provide evidence.

And no, actually, it was after my post that you started to provide actual content. So, at that time, you were just making evidence-less claims... Which, remember, are still worse than using sparse evidence. If I'm snippy it's because you're jumping down my throat without provide evidence why besides a feeling you have that a portion of my comments were forced... Because you even say after that that portions of it were still good. And if I said, "of course it seems forced" maybe read on beyond the first sentence... That's because evidence is sparse now, something you seem to be well aware of, so that indeed I had to <i>read into them</i> to try to get info. I'm sorry.
At what time? The evidence is your huge reads post posted so early in the game. It was not an evidence-less claim.
I have pressured you on this--you are correct that that forms the body of why I find you scummy.

I don't think you're getting my point that reads posts are best saved for when things don't have to be forced, because there is a natural larger body of information to draw from.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »

I know that I for one could just as easily, and I'm getting from IG that he could have as well, created an extremely similar large reads list with little content, but we're not doing that because that doesn't actually Do anything

Should I demonstrate and get all the townpointscred?
Gender happened.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »

If we didn't all have personal QT's, this might even be a real one.

Why would you need to use <i> in your personal QT though?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2015, 03:07:29 pm »

I know that I for one could just as easily, and I'm getting from IG that he could have as well, created an extremely similar large reads list with little content, but we're not doing that because that doesn't actually Do anything

Yes, please do.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2015, 03:09:23 pm »

Yes, please do.
+++

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »

Yes, because at that time you didn't provide evidence at all. If he evidence is sparse now that doesn't mean we should use it. You seem to be of the opinion that because of that we just shouldn't try to provide evidence.

And no, actually, it was after my post that you started to provide actual content. So, at that time, you were just making evidence-less claims... Which, remember, are still worse than using sparse evidence. If I'm snippy it's because you're jumping down my throat without provide evidence why besides a feeling you have that a portion of my comments were forced... Because you even say after that that portions of it were still good. And if I said, "of course it seems forced" maybe read on beyond the first sentence... That's because evidence is sparse now, something you seem to be well aware of, so that indeed I had to <i>read into them</i> to try to get info. I'm sorry.
At what time? The evidence is your huge reads post posted so early in the game. It was not an evidence-less claim.
I have pressured you on this--you are correct that that forms the body of why I find you scummy.

I don't think you're getting my point that reads posts are best saved for when things don't have to be forced, because there is a natural larger body of information to draw from.

I think you're all missing the point that large reads like that, even early on is a way to get things going. You closely read things and draw impressions, that way you an point things out and try to have a place to start. That's how content gets started to be made... Like there is literally no bright line for when you say we should start doing it. When is it late enough to?!

Sarcasm aside in your post, you should do that. That way people can see where you stand on intepretting things and your thoughts get posted. Then we will have content because people... Guess what... PROVIDED CONTENT! It doesn't magically appear, and thinking that there just comes a point when there's enough is foolish. If you want a game with a lot of content, discussions, and reads then provide it.

And literally the fact that ichi even said I had good points PROVES THIS. It wasn't all wasted. There was good content.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »

Yeah. I'm losing my scumread on DeDe a bit. I still think it's the reads post was maybe him trying to get towncred, but he is providing content.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »

He's implied suspicion, vigvoted, or voted for: mail-mi, Hydrad, WW.

I'm not saying he's not pushed mail-mi the most, but he's eyeballed these three at least once. He's also heavily encouraging a D1 dayvig, which I personally think is a poor decision (although now that the dayvig has claimed, it's hard to argue not seeing a shot there).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »

I'm not saying he's not pushed mail-mi the most, but he's eyeballed these three at least once. He's also heavily encouraging a D1 dayvig, which I personally think is a poor decision (although now that the dayvig has claimed, it's hard to argue not seeing a shot there).

Okay but still, there's this:

Also, fairly certain mail-mi is scum.  He hasn't played in awhile and he has the itchy trigger finger of a guilty henchman.  I currently imagine him wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »

Okay but still, there's this:

Also, fairly certain mail-mi is scum.  He hasn't played in awhile and he has the itchy trigger finger of a guilty henchman.  I currently imagine him wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

True. This is why I said 60% rather than 75% :P

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

Yeah. I'm losing my scumread on DeDe a bit. I still think it's the reads post was maybe him trying to get towncred, but he is providing content.

I still believe that trying to get town cred is what town does.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »

So you're never town?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2015, 03:50:50 pm »

So you're never town?

No, I'm always trying to get town cred.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »

Enough with all this scumpainting on town-moves, you are not alone with this, absolutely not, but with your low posting except this I smell scum. DeDes post was good, except his confused vote on me. Why so many gave him a hard time because of it is..odd.

Vote: Ghacob
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2015, 04:18:42 pm »

vigv0te: hockeysemlan

for buddying the guy that suspects him.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2015, 04:24:38 pm »

Bah. I'm not buddying anyone in particuliar. Just people who trying to give content early on. I'm null on DeDe, but can't get where all the aggression came from.

But I'm just a new guy, don't mind me..
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2015, 04:46:49 pm »

Bah. I'm not buddying anyone in particuliar. Just people who trying to give content early on. I'm null on DeDe, but can't get where all the aggression came from.

But I'm just a new guy, don't mind me..

This smells of scumminess. Hockey keeps pushing that he's a new player and barely contributing beyond that, and always with the "I'm new!!!" caveat. I feel like this is newbie scum just trying to fly under the radar, not directly accusing, and trying to defend others so no one suspects him.

I like where my vote is here.

I still think mail-mi is a better vig vote, though. I'm very suspicious on him wanting to save the vig vote. He is just assuming we have protection and will use it on ADK, which may be possible since we all have PRs, but still makes me very nervous he's risk it. I feel like having assured information is very important at this point in the game.

I don't feel ash is scum. I think that he is pushing hard for a D1 vig because it's kind of necessary now. I don't feel that it's a scummy move.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2015, 04:48:09 pm »

Chairs: does the Cordelia flavor claim provide anything?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »

Chairs: does the Cordelia flavor claim provide anything?

It's something I can work with, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.