Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258140 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2015, 12:36:54 pm »

So, WW's points about DD's list read sincere. IG's not so much. Still like my vote where it is.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

I thought my vigv0te was still on DeDe. Or is this a regular votecount?

Interestingly, it seems like vigv0tes have temporarily replaced normal votes since we're treating the dayvig like a second lynch almost. And...I keep forgetting how many people are in this game!

nono it's a vig count. your post just wasn't counted because you misspelled his name.

that's why I said no guarantees :P
I just realized I don't know how to spell Delirous.
You're harsh silver  :(

PPE: 1

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2015, 12:38:25 pm »

Damn. I still can't get it right!
Let me try slowly.

Delirious.
Whew.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »

So, WW's points about DD's list read sincere. IG's not so much. Still like my vote where it is.
AD HOMINEM ATTACK!
/s

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »

Seriously. Why are people still ignoring DeDe saying that? It's such an underhanded way of trying to defend yourself.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »

it's not me! I generate all my vote counts with a program.

I also just spent over 10 minutes trying to figure out why mali-mi wasn't recognized before I realized that it's because there is no mali-mi

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »

it's not me! I generate all my vote counts with a program.

I also just spent over 10 minutes trying to figure out why mali-mi wasn't recognized before I realized that it's because there is no mali-mi
ok. That's pretty cool actually.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2015, 12:50:25 pm »

Seriously. Why are people still ignoring DeDe saying that? It's such an underhanded way of trying to defend yourself.

because I don't feel like it's such a big deal. He made that comment in response to this:

I like vigv0te: Delerious Deleuze. His reads list feels extremely premature. He also greatly exaggerated the amount of posts where I commented on his lurking. It was exactly 2
posts.
He votes multiple people throughout the course of his huge post...the whole thing just feels kind of forced to me. Any huge reads list is going to be mostly fluff at this point in the game.

you do ignore everything he says and just says he feels forced, so...

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »

Still not Ad Hominem.

Please. That's not just a catch-all for "I don't like this".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2015, 12:57:05 pm »

He's wrong, but wrong isn't the same as scummy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2015, 01:11:29 pm »

Still not Ad Hominem.

i actually don't know what ad hominem means, so I just ignored that part

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »

Still not Ad Hominem.

DeDe said that my comment about his reads being forced was "attacking him as a person" basically. That's what Ad Hominem means.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:11 pm »

Still not Ad Hominem.

DeDe said that my comment about his reads being forced was "attacking him as a person" basically. That's what Ad Hominem means.

well I agree that you didn't attack him as a person. But I fail to see how he is scummy because of it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2015, 01:17:33 pm »

Well...if he actually believes that (or pretends to believe it). How is that not scummy?
It's trying to take things to an emotional or personal level that just isn't there--and basically absolving himself of having to provide a real defense.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2015, 01:18:16 pm »

Well, he's trying to discredit what Ichi said without addressing what Ichi said, which is ironic considering that's what he's claiming Ichi was doing.

But it's not like town does argue in that kind of manner as well.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2015, 01:21:49 pm »

Well, he's trying to discredit what Ichi said without addressing what Ichi said, which is ironic considering that's what he's claiming Ichi was doing.

But it's not like town does argue in that kind of manner as well.
Thank you.

I agree that it's not something that only scum would do. DeDe hasn't been around in a little while either. So guess we'll see what he has to say when he returns.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

Okay. I read up on the last 2 days of posts (long story re: RL busyness, but by Wednesday I should be a regular poster at least on weekdays). I now agree that my desire to flavor claim should probably be negated by the benefit it could provide scum.

I also agree I should really try to lurk less. It was unintentionally beneficial in M61, but obviously continued lurking after that win should ultimately lead to my demise (regardless of my alignment) in future games.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2015, 01:33:03 pm »

Ash is scum. I'm like, 60% confident on that already.

Also, I'm not "hinting I have a PR". This is RMM. Who said I was hinting at a PR? I think we should vig/lynch that person, because THIS IS RMM WE ALL HAVE PRs.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:18 pm »

[Snipped]

This is the post I was talking about.

vote: Delirious Deleuze

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2015, 01:35:10 pm »

Chairs is totes town for me today.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2015, 01:48:12 pm »

Also, I'm not "hinting I have a PR". This is RMM. Who said I was hinting at a PR? I think we should vig/lynch that person, because THIS IS RMM WE ALL HAVE PRs.

I did not know we all had PRs. That makes a lot more sense. This is like my third or fourth game and I've been gone for almost a year. Sorry. Also I didn't say you were hinting... If you look at my post that was in reference to two other people who made sideways comments about having a Pr. It's fairly clear you weren't hinting since you flatly said you had a power......
And can you please explain why you think ash is scum instead of just saying you think that. It helps no one to just say that with no reasons why. Especially when you say you're that assured and vote somewhere else.

Ichi: I misspoke. Not ad hom, just literally unwarranted... Seeing as you said nothing except defend yourself by saying I'm "greatly exaggerating" when I was one off on my count..... And then said I seemed forced without providing reasons beyond the fact I was one off on my count for you. Not an ad hom, but you know, a shallow read with no evidence. After that fact people started providing content (see WW) which I'll respond to later, at work now, but you still seem to be jumping on me for nothing.

And yes I said it probably would seem forced. When you try to use inference and close reading to et information and reads it probably will seem like you're reading into something. As you said, the game basically is made off of opinions. At least I'm trying to base mine in evidence.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2015, 01:52:31 pm »

I mean it helps no one just to have said:

"I think hockey and mail-I'm are scum. Now, I'm beginning to think ichi is scum, and have a cautious look at WW."

Because that provides no info.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2015, 01:54:03 pm »

I did not know we all had PRs. That makes a lot more sense. This is like my third or fourth game and I've been gone for almost a year. Sorry. Also I didn't say you were hinting... If you look at my post that was in reference to two other people who made sideways comments about having a Pr. It's fairly clear you weren't hinting since you flatly said you had a power......
And can you please explain why you think ash is scum instead of just saying you think that. It helps no one to just say that with no reasons why. Especially when you say you're that assured and vote somewhere else.

Ichi: I misspoke. Not ad hom, just literally unwarranted... Seeing as you said nothing except defend yourself by saying I'm "greatly exaggerating" when I was one off on my count..... And then said I seemed forced without providing reasons beyond the fact I was one off on my count for you. Not an ad hom, but you know, a shallow read with no evidence. After that fact people started providing content (see WW) which I'll respond to later, at work now, but you still seem to be jumping on me for nothing.

And yes I said it probably would seem forced. When you try to use inference and close reading to et information and reads it probably will seem like you're reading into something. As you said, the game basically is made off of opinions. At least I'm trying to base mine in evidence.
Dude. Why so snippy? Why do you have a problem with me saying your reads are forced when you literally say "yes my reads are forced"?
Unwarranted! Dude, I'm calling you out and you don't like it; plain and simple. I can say whatever I like within the bounds of civility (which everyone is well within).

"At least I base mine in evidence". Dude. What evidence? Lackluster, spare evidence that we have right now. You still seem very slippery to me. I've discussed other subjects than you and have also provided content--but of course you'd pretend otherwise.
I like real vote: DeDe now if I wasn't already.

PPE: 1

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2015, 01:58:58 pm »

Ultimately, it's hard for me to explain why I'm 60% confident ashersky is scum right now, which is why I just said it.  I generally play (when I'm active and not just lurking too hard for words) by providing gut reads that I (usually) can't explain, but that's how I roll. As it happens, I think I do a pretty decent job of it, when I don't get sidetracked by trying to justify my reads with evidence instead of just saying "This is what I'm feeling right now".

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

Yes, because at that time you didn't provide evidence at all. If he evidence is sparse now that doesn't mean we should use it. You seem to be of the opinion that because of that we just shouldn't try to provide evidence.

And no, actually, it was after my post that you started to provide actual content. So, at that time, you were just making evidence-less claims... Which, remember, are still worse than using sparse evidence. If I'm snippy it's because you're jumping down my throat without provide evidence why besides a feeling you have that a portion of my comments were forced... Because you even say after that that portions of it were still good. And if I said, "of course it seems forced" maybe read on beyond the first sentence... That's because evidence is sparse now, something you seem to be well aware of, so that indeed I had to <i>read into them</i> to try to get info. I'm sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.