Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 256984 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »

I don't know what that means.

Sorry, I don't know how to convert it to metric.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2015, 08:01:45 pm »

mail-mi: Being so against the shot and wanting to hold it til D2 seems really scummy to me. I don't believe the vig will live through a night, and I think this just wastes our chances. At worst we get a bunch of information of a) who that person was, b) who pushed for the shoot, and c) information in the discussions on who to shoot. I don't see any reason a townie would be against this. vigv0te: mail-mi.

I think that the vig should be saved for when we have more information. The argument is, do we use the vig to get info for the day 1 lynch, or use the day 1 lynch and nightkills to get info for the vig? I think the second option would be smarter, considering we only have a 1-shot.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2015, 08:25:48 pm »

mail-mi: Being so against the shot and wanting to hold it til D2 seems really scummy to me. I don't believe the vig will live through a night, and I think this just wastes our chances. At worst we get a bunch of information of a) who that person was, b) who pushed for the shoot, and c) information in the discussions on who to shoot. I don't see any reason a townie would be against this. vigv0te: mail-mi.

I think that the vig should be saved for when we have more information. The argument is, do we use the vig to get info for the day 1 lynch, or use the day 1 lynch and nightkills to get info for the vig? I think the second option would be smarter, considering we only have a 1-shot.

No, that's not the argument. The argument is, can we decide on a beneficial lynch in a short time, or do we just let scum kill ADK? I think the first option would be smarter, considering we won't have that one shot anymore if ADK gets killed before he uses it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2015, 09:59:27 pm »

No, that's not the argument. The argument is, can we decide on a beneficial lynch in a short time, or do we just let scum kill ADK? I think the first option would be smarter, considering we won't have that one shot anymore if ADK gets killed before he uses it.

I'm with Awaclus on this one.

ADK, shoot away.  People should at least get their thoughts down on who he shoots.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:05 pm »

Also, for the record, I think I'd be tempted to shoot one of the players I can never figure out, or that would be dangerous as scum, or that we wouldn't miss as town.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2015, 10:06:57 pm »

I'm going to go with

VigV0te: Awaclus
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »

I definitely remember making a post on how I found DD's long post suspicious, but it could easily be explained by being a late town, but it could also be explained by scum deciding to try to look townie, culminating into a basically null read

vigv0te: mail mi
I'm not quite sure how you haven't gotten this?

chairs, just want to reiterate that given the current amount of information we have, I and others would be unwilling to reveal flavor information to you

Hydrad, care to elaborate on that?
Gender happened.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2015, 11:19:02 pm »

I like vigv0te: Delerious Deleuze. His reads list feels extremely premature. He also greatly exaggerated the amount of posts where I commented on his lurking. It was exactly 2
posts.
He votes multiple people throughout the course of his huge post...the whole thing just feels kind of forced to me. Any huge reads list is going to be mostly fluff at this point in the game.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »

I definitely remember making a post on how I found DD's long post suspicious, but it could easily be explained by being a late town, but it could also be explained by scum deciding to try to look townie, culminating into a basically null read

vigv0te: mail mi
I'm not quite sure how you haven't gotten this?

chairs, just want to reiterate that given the current amount of information we have, I and others would be unwilling to reveal flavor information to you

Hydrad, care to elaborate on that?

gut feeling plus I kinda like mail-mi and at least want other people to consider options instead of how it feels its going and eveyrones just jumping on mail-mi for an easy vig with little info.

And I also don't like voting DD as that was a really good post with a bunch of info. I really dislike how hes being seen as scummy because of it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2015, 11:55:44 pm »

I am feeling the WW lynch a little bit. But we do have some time at least, I'd like to get as much discussion in as possible before I shoot some one.

I'm going to go with

VigV0te: Awaclus

Any particular reason?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2015, 11:57:15 pm »

Also I don't get why people don't like Dede for posting a lot of reads right off that bat, especially since as he said a number of those reads were null. He's providing content. That's towny. Yeah it's fakeable as scum but he's jumping into the game and getting it going.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2015, 11:58:11 pm »

Also also ash seems to be encouraging me to shoot whoever the hell I want, which... seems a little sketchy to me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2015, 12:04:36 am »

This is RMM. Anything can happen at night. Redirects, doctors, scum want to kill someone else, etc. etc. Not saying that we can count on any of those things, but I think it would be beneficial to wait and wish that ADK hadn't claimed so that we could do just that.

...however, I am in the minority (and by "minority" I mean "minority of one") and it seems that the vig is inevitable. And...

Also also ash seems to be encouraging me to shoot whoever the hell I want, which... seems a little sketchy to me.

...I'm in agreement with that and will vigv0te: ashersky
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2015, 12:09:00 am »

I like vigv0te: Delerious Deleuze. His reads list feels extremely premature. He also greatly exaggerated the amount of posts where I commented on his lurking. It was exactly 2
posts.
He votes multiple people throughout the course of his huge post...the whole thing just feels kind of forced to me. Any huge reads list is going to be mostly fluff at this point in the game.

I feel you're greatly exaggerating my "great exaggeration." Yes I miscounted, it was 2 in 4 posts. That's still about (actually exactly) 50%.

Also... You say I vote for multiple people. If you read it again I vote for exactly too, specifically with one as vig and one as regular. I think there's a wee bit of a difference.

Of course it will feel forced, but that doesn't mean we should try to read into posts. I still am of he opinion that adding thoughts will allow for more discussion/interactions/fodder to get reads on and use in the future. You've literally ignored everything I said and every point I made in favor of a generic ad hom attack of it feeling "forced." If you really feel that way, how about you contrabute to the discussion and add your thoughts on what I say that specifically seems scummy besides merely defending yourself and then generalizing the other portion of the post... Like it was a very long post with specific thoughts on everyone.

And then if it still feels forced say what parts I'm wrong on so we can all work together to figure out who scum is.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:32 am »

I think it's sketchy to go for anyone, but I think he more just wants a vig shot today because there was discussion about not having one at all. If the option is someone at all vs no one, I would feel this way because of the info we get. Not to say it should be anyone. We should definitely discuss further, but I don't feel he's all that sketchy.

Also, how do people feel about the mini-claims I pointed out before.
I find those hella sketchy. I honestly see no incentive for town to say something like that.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2015, 12:21:05 am »

posts.

I feel you're greatly exaggerating my "great exaggeration." Yes I miscounted, it was 2 in 4 posts. That's still about (actually exactly) 50%.

Also... You say I vote for multiple people. If you read it again I vote for exactly too, specifically with one as vig and one as regular. I think there's a wee bit of a difference.

Of course it will feel forced, but that doesn't mean we should try to read into posts. I still am of he opinion that adding thoughts will allow for more discussion/interactions/fodder to get reads on and use in the future. You've literally ignored everything I said and every point I made in favor of a generic ad hom attack of it feeling "forced." If you really feel that way, how about you contrabute to the discussion and add your thoughts on what I say that specifically seems scummy besides merely defending yourself and then generalizing the other portion of the post... Like it was a very long post with specific thoughts on everyone.

And then if it still feels forced say what parts I'm wrong on so we can all work together to figure out who scum is.
Funny.
I don't like you saying "of course it will feel forced". So you're admitting to forcing it?
Please don't try to act like people are discouraging contribution or are against reads posts--those are clearly good things. I mean, the stuff you say "you're still of the opinion of" comprises pretty much the entire game. However, having a huge post with detailed reads on people is not so great this early in the game.
Me saying it feels "forced" e.g. artificial is not an ad homimen attack--why would you try to frame it that way? You're trying to play up how townie you are in a way that doesn't feel natural to me. Nothing wrong with me expressing that. I don't like that that you immediately default to trying to defend yourself with something like this either.

Oh. But I am adding to the discussion. And I have a growing scumread on you. Looks to me like you're trying to shutdown discussion and put out fires created by your reads post which you expected would get you town credit.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2015, 12:24:52 am »

To be fair, you do have some content in that reads post that is good. I will address some of that in a bit.
However, you do also draw some--necessarily broad because of how early in the game it is--conclusions about people that aren't all that helpful.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2015, 12:43:51 am »

I think it's sketchy to go for anyone, but I think he more just wants a vig shot today because there was discussion about not having one at all. If the option is someone at all vs no one, I would feel this way because of the info we get. Not to say it should be anyone. We should definitely discuss further, but I don't feel he's all that sketchy.

Also, how do people feel about the mini-claims I pointed out before.
I find those hella sketchy. I honestly see no incentive for town to say something like that.

I think there's even less incentive for scum to. It might be poor town play but it's not necessarily scum play.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2015, 02:36:14 am »

DD is right that Hydrad's odd nonclaim went by with nary a whisper.

What's the deal, Hydrad?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2015, 02:37:28 am »

Also, fairly certain mail-mi is scum.  He hasn't played in awhile and he has the itchy trigger finger of a guilty henchman.  I currently imagine him wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2015, 02:51:42 am »

DD is right that Hydrad's odd nonclaim went by with nary a whisper.

What's the deal, Hydrad?

oh that doesn't really mean anything. Basically I just didn't want to die before the game really even started thats all i meant there.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2015, 03:06:59 am »

Ouch.

Unvote

My opinion stands, but we are naturally too much in RVS for it to be meaningful.. ehm..

I missed this. We are so out of RVS. vigv0te: hockey

Wait, fine, now we are. Not when I wrote it and went away all day yesterday. Now has everything changed and I trying to keep up the best I can.

Vigv0te: mail-mi

I don't like what he tries to do. We cannot trust the night actions to protect anyone. We need the vig today or risk it to be useless.

I don't know how to treat the vote from DeDe. His reasoning is pretty legit, I've been away and why not go for the inactive players, but it's no real case and he probably realize that soon. This is a hard game for new players and I hope that can be an understandable reason to be a little more lurking. I try to provide content as soon as I can. but in the start I just want to to try to not mess things up. Hope that's okey.
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2015, 08:30:01 am »

I don't really buy the 'Dede's posts are forced' thing. Does scum really open by making a thorough reread and posting detailed opinions about everyone, ensuring a lot of meaningful discussion to come in the crucial time window where we have to decide whom to shoot?

Eh, maybe they do. I mean, it's basically how I tried to played fish mafia. But I still think giving scum points for it without meta arguments is a big stretch. In fact it makes me want to vigv0te: IG (I like that everyone just started using my made up format)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2015, 08:31:16 am »

Also, fairly certain mail-mi is scum.  He hasn't played in awhile and he has the itchy trigger finger of a guilty henchman.  I currently imagine him wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'fairly certain' is a pretty bold claim for day 1. is it like 50% or like 90%? Also, why exactly do you think it? just because he doesn't want the vig to shoot?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2015, 09:11:28 am »

'fairly certain' is a pretty bold claim for day 1. is it like 50% or like 90%? Also, why exactly do you think it? just because he doesn't want the vig to shoot?

Like, 45%. 

It has nothing to do with the cig, actually.  It's his jumpiness, like he's worried he'll make a mistake.  He also redirects a lot...like, very often.  His posts move the topic of conversation purposefully.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't feel like the mail-mi of old.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.