Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258042 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (N0 - D1 starts June 9)
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:45 am »

The air is full of tension at Hyperion Hotel. The paranormal detective agency named "Angel Investigations" has retreated to their headquarters after their last, unsuccessful fight with their archenemies at Wolfram&Hart.

"This is too much for us to handle. Don't you see that?", yells Cordelia. "This time, we cannot win on our own. Wolfram&Hart is about to open a portal to a hell dimension, giving all kinds of unspeakable horrors way to Los Angeles, and there is nothing we can do about it!"

"And what do you suggest we do?", asks Angel. "We've already contacted everyone that owes us a favor in LA. Everyone is too afraid to support us, expecting to be crushed."

"There is a way, and you know it."

"What? No, no way. You can't possibly... I'm sure they have enough to deal with themselves. This is not an option."

"Angel - I don't know what happened there between you and Buffy, and honestly I don't want to know. But we need her here. And if you're too afraid to ask her, then I certainly will."

And with these words, Cordelia runs to the telephone, leaving Angel sitting in his chair, stunned.

It is daily routine, but Buffy knows blowing off some steam will be good for her right now. She doesn't know where the vampire hides, but he should be somewhere on this graveyard. Stake in her hand, she rushes from gravestone to gravestone, trying to feel the presence of the undead. Suddenly, a melody plays from her pocket. Her mobile phone. "Dammit", mutters Buffy.

"Yes, who's there? I'm kinda busy, you know." A sudden movement behind Buffy makes her turn around.Two vampires obviously heard her phone ringing and stand right before her. Buffy kicks the left one in stomach, striking for the other one with her stake.

"Cordelia! How have you been? No sorry, I'm not really in the mood for small talk. So what's the matter?" Buffy does a backflip to evade the vampires attack, attaining a defensive postion behind one of the gravestones.

"Permanent darkness, you say? Sounds interesting." The vampires now close in on Buffy from both sides. Buffy puts the hand that doesn't hold the mobile on the gravestone, pushes herself up, and with a spread of her legs kicks both the attacks in the face.

"Well, as you might know, we have our very own gate to a hell dimension here at Sunnydale." With that, she jumps one of her attackers who was pushed to the ground by her kick, and drives the stake through his heart. The vampire dissolves to a could of dust, but at that moment, the other vampire jumps Buffy from behind, pushing her to the ground.

"Ugh... yes, of course I can how that's dangerous. Can't you deal with that on your own though? I thought you guys were like the Avangers of LA." Buffy rams her elbow into the attacking vampire's chest, then turn around to face him. His teeth draw closer to Buffy's throat.

"Okay, fine. We'll just leave the Hellmouth unattended for a couple of days. This better be worth it." Buffy's knee hits the vampire's private parts hard, and she uses his moment of pain to get on top of him.

"I'll tell the gang, sure. No problem. See you then." With that, see stakes the other attacker. Behind the gravestones she senses more movements. This is going to be a long night...

Day 1 starts! Thread unlocked!

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (15): 2.71828....., Hydrad, chairs, EgorK, Ichimaru Gin, Witherweaver, silverspawn, ashersky, hockeysemlan, Ghacob, A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, Lekkit, Delirious Deleuze, mail-mi

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. D1 ends on June 16, 8 am forum time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:14:49 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:40 pm »

Yeey!

Going to be busy tonight, but I'm here!

Vote: Lekkit

Because swedish reasons.
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:14 pm »

Okay, claiming time.

I have a restriction which limits the amount of times I can vote per day. If I overstep this amount, bad things will happen. That's all I'll say about it.

I don't think it's a big deal, it basically just means I can't participate in RVS.

Thoughts?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2015, 12:14:34 pm »

Thoughts?

I think you're scum because of Futuramafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »

Hooray!  I have no such restriction.

Vote: Silverspawn because he can't OMGUS me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 12:24:33 pm »

Hooray!  I have no such restriction.

Vote: Silverspawn because he can't OMGUS me.

OMGUS!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2015, 12:25:23 pm »

I think that while silverspawns claim basically says nothing, it's at least some kind of attempt to move away from RVS before it even happens. Aside from hockeysemlan...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 12:41:50 pm »

It is good to be back.  :D

vote: hockeysemlan because I don't know you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 12:54:38 pm »

My role cares about other people's flavor names. How does everyone feel about the benefits/drawbacks to flavor name claiming?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 12:58:51 pm »

My role cares about other people's flavor names. How does everyone feel about the benefits/drawbacks to flavor name claiming?

subtle scum role fishing?

aren't flavor names indicative of roles for those who know the flavor?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2015, 03:08:22 pm »

Interesting. ftr, I (again) no basically nothing about the flavor. I'm open to flavor-claiming though.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »

My role is somewhat connected to my flavor.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 04:24:20 pm »

vote: Delirious Deleuze because welcome back!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 04:29:01 pm »

I for one feel like meeting people by flavor would be fun and interesting
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2015, 04:29:58 pm »

Would it actually be a smart thing to do? Probably not
Gender happened.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »

Interesting. ftr, I (again) no basically nothing about the flavor. I'm open to flavor-claiming though.

Vote: Ichi
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »

vote: ashersky because he didn't welcome me back.  :'(
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 05:26:20 pm »

welcome back!

I think you were playing in my very first mafia game - zelda - and then you left  :(

so, this is basically our first real game, since last time I was a complete noob

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

welcome back!

I think you were playing in my very first mafia game - zelda - and then you left  :(

so, this is basically our first real game, since last time I was a complete noob
Hi silverspawn! I remember you.

Let's make it a good one.  :)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 05:34:35 pm »

Vote: mail-mi

Because hi!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 05:35:34 pm »

Because hi!

Hi drad!

Bringing back good memories from Dice mafia.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 05:35:57 pm »

Hmm I guess I don't care much. But I don't know flavor so I'm not sure if I would be giving something important away.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:22 pm »

Because hi!

Hi drad!

Bringing back good memories from Dice mafia.

yay thats still one of my favorite games I've been in.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2015, 05:38:43 pm »

so, what do other people think about flavor claims?

Setup says
Quote from: setup
6. Flips, flavor and role names
Each role comes with a flavor name from either of the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". It also comes with a role name that gives a short flavorful description of what the role does. These role names need not follow established terminology.
and
Quote from: setup
Flavor knowledge is not required (though helpful) to play the game.

to me, that sounds like scum!who!knows!the!flavor could gain information about which players are more likely to be powerful PR's. I don't think that's worth the risk.

I don't know how important chairs' role is though. If he thinks it's a big enough advantage, maybe we can do it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:02 pm »

Hmm I guess I don't care much. But I don't know flavor so I'm not sure if I would be giving something important away.

I'm with Hydrad on this one.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.