Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258091 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:38:36 am »

Welcome to RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia!

Mod: faust

This is a closed RMM game for 15 players. It is, in some ways, a follow-up to the LOST Mafia RMM which never quite took off, reusing some of the ideas implemented there, but also introducing totally new aspects. The theme of this game follows the flavor of the shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". Roles, and alignments, will be highly thematic.

Realize that RMM stands for Role Madness Mafia, and this may be true for this game in a particular way. Every player gets a uniquely designed role that may very well feature new or unusual types of actions as well as nonstandard win conditions. Still, this is not a bastard game, and balance has been strived for. There will be no mod lying, and no player's win condition can change over the course of the game. More details about the setup are found in the following post.

Players:
1. 2.71828.....
2. Hydrad (Xander Harris, the Town-aligned Sarcastic Sidekick) (lynched D1) (revived D4) (killed N5)
3. chairs (Anyanka, the Town-aligned Rehabilitated Vengeance Demon) (killed N5)
4. EgorK (Tara Maclay, the Vampire-aligned Witch of All Trades) (lynched D2)
5. Ichimaru Gin (Illyria, the self-aligned Time Travelling Old One) (killed N2)
6. Witherweaver replaced by UmbrageOfSnow (Warren Mears, the self-aligned Megalomaniac Inventor) (lynched D5)
7. silverspawn (Faith Lehane, the Town-aligned Capricious Slayer) (killed N5)
8. ashersky
9. hockeysemlan
10. Ghacob (Dawn Summers, the Town-aligned Kleptomaniac Teenager) (killed D1)
11. A Drowned Kernel replaced by Archetype
12. Awaclus (Lorne, the Wolfram&Hart-aligned Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host) (lynched D4)
13. Lekkit (Spike, the Town-aligned Chipped Vampire) (killed N2)
14. Delirious Deleuze
15. mail-mi (Cordelia Chase, the Town-aligned Vision Girl) (killed N4)

Spectators tagged: Archetype, skip wooznum

Day starts/ends:
D1 start | end
D2 start | end
D3 start | end
D4 start | end
D5 start

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

The Silver Rule:

If any instructions you receive from the mods (via PM or otherwise) contradict any rules stated here, please stick to the instructions. If you are unsure, please contact the mods before taking action.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
4. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. This game will have variable deadlines, depending on the number of players still alive as follows: If more than 13 or less than 7 players are alive, days will last 7 days, otherwise 9 days. Night lasts 48 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the player that is closest to lynch will die, with ties broken randomly.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent. Personal communication remains forbidden until the game is over.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:00:13 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (signups open)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:38:50 am »

Setup Information

This is an interaction-heavy setup. Special rules apply for this game, some of those rules are taken from previous RMM games (in particular Dune 2 and Time War Mafia). The rules are:

1. Actions
The game is split into game phases, i.e. Day phases and Night phases. Every action players can perform will come either as a Day action, a Night action or a Day/Night action.

1.1 Day actions
Day actions must be submitted during the Day action window. The Day action window opens 24 hours into each Day and ends 48 hours later. All actions taken during the Day, unless specified otherwise, must be submitted within that window. Day actions are processed in the order they are posted. You may hand in your Day action order in advance, i.e. within the first 24 hours of the Day. If you do, the action will resolved at the start of the Day action window. If multiple players do, actions are resolved according to the Action Resolution chain as described below. Day actions are final once submitted. Votes do not count as Day actions for any purpose.

1.2 Night actions
Night actions must be submitted during the first 24 hours of the night. Night actions may be changed until the end of the deadline. All night actions resolve at the end of the night according to the Action resolution chain.

1.3 Day/Night actions
Day/Night action may be submitted either during the Day action window or during the first 24 hours of the night. Once an action of this kind has been submitted, it will not be possible to use that power the following game phase. (I.e. if the action was submitted during the Day, you may not use it the following night.)

1.4 Special actions
Some actions may specify other times for the submission. Please read your Role QT carefully to find out when your action has to be submitted.

1.5 Submission
All action names are verbs in the imperative mood (i.e. “kill” or “eat”). When an action is being used, the player must write the action name followed by a colon, one space, and the target’s player name in their Role QT or their factional QT if applicable (only if their factional QT is not locked at the time of submission). Orders placed in the Role QT always prevail over orders in the factional QT. The entire phrase must be bolded. For example: Salute: sudgy. Some actions may specify other modes of submission. Please read your Role QT carefully.

2. Items
Players in this game may hold items. The items give some sort of power. During the day, each player may give an item to any other player by posting Give: Player name in thread. This counts as a Day action (see above) for all purposes. If you hold multiple items, you need to specify which item you want to give in your Role QT as soon as you post this. No player may ever hold more than three items; if they would gain an additional item, this item is removed from the game.

You may also destroy any item you hold. To do this, post Destroy: Item in your personal QT. If you do, that item is removed from the game. This counts as a Day/Night action for all purposes.

3. Species
All players may be assigned at most one species (e.g. "human" or "demon"). Demons may be classified by an additional subcategory (e.g. "vampire"). In general, species is not indicative of alignment.

4. Time Travel
At least one power in this game will revolve around Time Travel. A player with a Time Travel power may choose to travel to a different game phase to perform their action, if any. After carrying out their action (if applicable), they return to the current game phase.

It is not possible for players with Time Travel powers to have their action manipulated by being targeted in the game phase they travel to, only by being targeted in the current game phase. (e.g. if in N3, a Time Travelling Vigilante travels to D1 to perform a kill, a Roleblocker targeting them during D1 will not be able to stop the kill) If a player with a Time Travel power travels to a Day phase, their action will automatically resolve after all other actions of that Day phase.

It is not possible that Time Travel powers change vote counts in any way, even if the player who hammered is now already dead. At the end of each game phase, all game phases in the “past” will be re-evaluated and the game state will be adjusted to account for these actions, beginning with N0.

5. Player resurrection
Due to mechanics in this game, it may be possible for players in this game to return from the dead. Therefore, I will not grant dead players access to the spectator QT. Any player may choose to opt out of the game once they have died, thus giving up any chance of interaction with the game, in return for access to the spectator QT. This is not advised. Once the chances of again interacting with the game have dropped to zero for a given player, I will inform them of this and the will be given access to the spectator QT. Dead player may not perform actions unless stated otherwise.

6. Flips, flavor and role names
Each role comes with a flavor name from either of the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". It also comes with a role name that gives a short flavorful description of what the role does. These role names need not follow established terminology. Additionally, each role comes with an alignment. (e.g. "Town-aligned" or "self-aligned"). Once a player dies, their flavor name, role name and alignment will be posted in the game thread.

7. Action resolution chain
All actions that are resolved at the same time, in particular night actions, will be resolved according to the following protocol:

1. Find an action (or a passive modifier) such that its effect cannot possibly be modified by any other action.
2. Resolve it.
3. Repeat from step 1 until all actions are resolved.

In case of conflicting night actions, order of resolution is determined by the kind of action performed in the following way:

1. Time Travel
2. Copy
3. Hide
4. Bus
5. Block
6. Redirect
7. Protect
8. Item-related actions
9. Miscellaneous
10. Kill
11. Recruit
12. Inspect

If you are unsure in which category your night action falls, please ask in your Role QT. In case of conflicting night actions of the same type, the following protocol is applied:

1. Actions by town-aligned players are resolved first.
2. If 1 doesn't apply, actions by demon players are resolved first.
3. If 2 doesn't apply, actions by roles with female flavor names are resolved first.
4. If 3 doesn't apply, the action submitted first will be resolved first.

8. Miscellaneous
This game takes its flavor from the shows "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". The setting is roughly the sixth season of Buffy/third season of Angel, but the flavor may also reference earlier or later episodes. Flavor knowledge is not required (though helpful) to play the game.

It is not possible for any player to have their win condition changed during the course of this game.

Any questions regarding the setup should be posed either pregame or in your Role QT.

In order to sign up for this game, a player should have finished at least one game of mafia on f.ds. By signing up for this, you agree that the mod of this game has the last word in any discussion, and may change the rules of the game at his own discretion if he deems it necessary. You further agree to respect the rules of this game even once you have dropped out, until it is finished.

The win condition for Town-aligned players is as follows:

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, and there is at least one Town-aligned player left alive.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:20:54 am by faust »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:28:18 am »

a follow-up to the LOST Mafia RMM

'nuff said.  /in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:44 am »

Time war was also amazing.  Let's get Voltaire back.  Who is going to his thing next weekend at Cat & Mouse Games?  You should totally convince him to play.  (I would go but Chicago is so far away and work and stuff.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 12:34:27 am »

Daah. I really want to join, but I'm in 2 games right now and signed up for 2 more. 3 games at once is kind of where I draw the line. When is this expected to start?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:47:39 am by Ichimaru Gin »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 01:07:56 am »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 01:13:16 am »

Angel is the best.  /in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 04:17:41 am »

I'm /in if it starts within a week

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:31 am »

Daah. I really want to join, but I'm in 2 games right now and signed up for 2 more. 3 games at once is kind of where I draw the line. When is this expected to start?

It starts when it fills up I guess, but I expect that to take a while. 15 players is a lot after all. I think it's reasonable to assume that Deus Ex Mafia will be finished before this starts, and possibly Kirby Mafia as well.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:56:19 am »

Ok. I'll /in then.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 11:56:44 am »

I'm /in if it starts within a week

I fear that's unlikely... but we'll see.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 02:23:15 pm »

Yeah.

/in

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 04:19:34 pm »

/in

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 04:36:19 pm »

/tag, know nothing of the flavor.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 08:05:55 pm »

/out, sorry

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:24:06 pm »

/in, finally back to normality here at home.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 10:57:20 pm »

/tag for now

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 01:33:54 am »

/back in

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 11:06:34 pm »

/tag

this one sure is slow to fill, huh?
Gender happened.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »

/In
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »

I'll /in I guess
Whatever happens happens, the more practice the better
Gender happened.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 08:38:16 am »

/In

So... I've had bad experiences with newbie players in my games. You can play here, but please read the rules carefully and stick to them strictly.

That said, welcome at f.ds Mafia! :) It's always nice to have new people around.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:42 am »

/In

So... I've had bad experiences with newbie players in my games. You can play here, but please read the rules carefully and stick to them strictly.

That said, welcome at f.ds Mafia! :) It's always nice to have new people around.

Yes, sir! Absolutely sir! I can promise to read everything carefully and I won't troll around by purpose in any way. Can't promise to play good though or avoid stupid mistakes since I haven't played forum, so if you like I can just play the hearthstone one to begin with..

But if the game lacks player I hope you still let me try, I nerd things quite intensely before I join them. I've red through more than a few of the previous games here on f.ds so I hopefully won't do anything incredible stupid..

Thanks for the welcome however, whatever you choose if I can be in or not :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 02:25:58 pm »

I think he just means that you are encouraged not to, oh, you know, send your mafia QT to everyone in the game.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »

I think he just means that you are encouraged not to, oh, you know, send your mafia QT to everyone in the game.

Haha, I wouldn't even know how to ^^

but ye, then of course not and that's that. I stopped playing chatmafia due too much unseriousness. Not fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.