Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 258190 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2350 on: July 13, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »

DeDe: HAVE YOU USED YOUR POWER? (you know the one.)

And what does scum need to do to threaten Awaclus?  Threaten to kill him.

What does scum need to do to threaten me?  Who knows.  That's the point of me not claiming it.

Either one of us can win with town or scum, that's the important point.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

Also when I said autolynch that was a while ago. My more recent posts say something very different.

But you've lied about investigation results, and mine are possibly more useful.

Because we can verify that I'm at least not making it up.

And as Ash was pointing out, your plan was not really an autowin.  If it is, you could still do the exact same thing with me having the vig shot.  But that plan's full of holes, just everyone was sheeping it.

Lying about cop-results is definitely anti-town.

He's found more non-town than anyone else so far, regardless of direct truth. You don't really have much of a plan and are just taking the vig shot for us.  Also why do you want him lynched so badly?

DeDe: HAVE YOU USED YOUR POWER? (you know the one.)

And what does scum need to do to threaten Awaclus?  Threaten to kill him.

What does scum need to do to threaten me?  Who knows.  That's the point of me not claiming it.

Either one of us can win with town or scum, that's the important point.

How could I have? You know it's a night power and I couldn't have used it last night and I haven't used it yet...

And yes. We understand... So how about you stop tunneling him and start helping us kill scum so you can both win quickly.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 13, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »

Because I'm not tunneling Awaclus, I am just pretty sure he's scum rather than survivor.

You're the one with crazy levels of confirmation bias.

And we don't know that Ash is actually non-town.

WW found Awaclus as much as Awaclus found WW by the way.

And you're right, I don't have some bullshit master plan that wouldn't actually work.  It's been a great distraction for town and getting everyone to just sheep Awaclus though.

(And I forgot you got punished yesterday.  You could have just said something to remind me of that sooner and saved a bunch of back and forth.)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 13, 2015, 03:29:29 pm »

I've confirmed Hockey, DeDe, and SS as town as much or more than Awaclus has confirmed Ash as scum.

And if it weren't for me sharing my results, you'd have all just been super confused yesterday.  I could have sat on them.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2354 on: July 13, 2015, 03:32:50 pm »

But you've lied about investigation results

Kant pls.

What I told about my investigation results was pretty close to the actual truth in practice and no harm was caused by it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: July 13, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »

Because I'm not tunneling Awaclus, I am just pretty sure he's scum rather than survivor.

You're the one with crazy levels of confirmation bias.

And we don't know that Ash is actually non-town.

WW found Awaclus as much as Awaclus found WW by the way.

And you're right, I don't have some bullshit master plan that wouldn't actually work.  It's been a great distraction for town and getting everyone to just sheep Awaclus though.

(And I forgot you got punished yesterday.  You could have just said something to remind me of that sooner and saved a bunch of back and forth.)

"A bunch of back and forth" there were two posts by you and one reply. You're so right that that's a lot of back and forth.

I don't see how you don't get this. You keep saying I'm tunneling but that you're not. You have literally no evidence on your side except that awaclus has lied... But news flash, so have you. In the end you have a read and I have a different read. How about you get off your high horse. You have done nothing except confirm SS (maybe) and WW did the rest. If you remember, though, he also confirmed you weren't town.

I've confirmed Hockey, DeDe, and SS as town as much or more than Awaclus has confirmed Ash as scum.

And if it weren't for me sharing my results, you'd have all just been super confused yesterday.  I could have sat on them.

And yay! You don't get brownie points for not fucking over town. I'm not going to give you town cred because you chose not to let us be confused (except you know, you did by lying up til now).

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 13, 2015, 03:38:36 pm »

It's literally the same logic as someone expecting you to be happy because they didn't shoot you. Good for you, you did the right thing. I'm not going to give you credit for that.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 13, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »

I lied about being town because the optimal play is to lynch non-town if you have time.  Everyone lies about being non-town.  So did Awaclus you'll remember.

And I've posted more reads and comments than a lot of people (including you) in the time I've been in this game.  And I absolutely should get credit for things WW did.  We're not the same person, but we share the same goals by definition.  Unless you're only giving Awaclus credit for what he did after I came into the game?  Because again, that's not so great.

At this point, it's pointless for me to truly "scumhunt" as if you're not believing my power results you're not going to believe inferences I make based on voting patterns or word choices and whatnot.  The amount of faith you're putting in Awaclus about the same things is absurd.

What else have I lied about?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 13, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »

It's literally the same logic as someone expecting you to be happy because they didn't shoot you. Good for you, you did the right thing. I'm not going to give you credit for that.

Why the heck are you approaching this from a morality point of view.

The point of the game is to discern the intentions of the other players.  I could have screwed town over by staying quiet.  I did not do so.

Awaclus could have helped town more by not lying, he chose to lie.

But Awaclus is much more pro-town than I am?!?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2359 on: July 13, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »

Who cares about lying? Lying is oftentimes beneficial for town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 13, 2015, 03:53:26 pm »

You don't understand morality. I said you don't get credit for that. I could've also got myself modkilled, but I didn't. I could have done a lot of things. You don't get anything from things you didn't do. So you stopped the confusion so you could be better positioned to win, yay. Doesn't give you town cred or anything.

So you have reads?! OMG! Amazing!!!! You're playing the game! Good for you!!!!!!!! It doesn't mean you're not wrong.

I don't know what you're getting started. You "power results" haven't really done anything except confer a some PRs and guess what... I've believed them... In fact they added to my PoE... That's why I don't suspect SS all that much. For someone who thinks they're really good at reading posts and making inferences, you're really good at being selective in your memory. But alas, I don't care. It's really pointless to argue with you. I keep posting my thoughts and I posted my PoE and who I think should be lynched when.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 13, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »

Who cares about lying? Lying is oftentimes beneficial for town.

It's really not most of the time.  The confusion it creates outs a lot of information that it would be better if scum didn't have most times.

I don't want to get too much into theory talk, but I disagree with you to the point of wanting to policy lynch you in basically every game I'm ever in with you in the future.

But let's drop this.  I'm sorry I'm not doing more scumhunting, I'll let you and DeDe get back to the in depth analysis you've been posting the last 2 game days.

You have my axe/vote, Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: July 13, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »

When did I start getting votes?  And what's this about a QT with a Ichi?

Also, if all these 3rd party claims are correct...there could be way fewer town than we calculated.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 13, 2015, 04:00:09 pm »

UoS, hard to argue Awa was scum with Ichi...he flipped 3rd party.

I think Awa is lying about being in a QAt with Awa from the beginning of the game.  That's a scum thing, a mason thing, or a neighbor thing, and Ichi flipped none of those things.

The problem with all his lies is, we don't know what we can believe.  A random switch?  Making up claims from dead players?  Admitting to lying about his powers (targeted), "results," and everything else.  A random and useless selection for his QT?

If he's third party, seems more likely he has an anti-town wincon than not.  Otherwise, he'd be more interested In helping, not hurting our situation.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 13, 2015, 04:05:15 pm »

UoS, hard to argue Awa was scum with Ichi...he flipped 3rd party.

I think Awa is lying about being in a QAt with Awa from the beginning of the game.  That's a scum thing, a mason thing, or a neighbor thing, and Ichi flipped none of those things.

The problem with all his lies is, we don't know what we can believe.  A random switch?  Making up claims from dead players?  Admitting to lying about his powers (targeted), "results," and everything else.  A random and useless selection for his QT?

If he's third party, seems more likely he has an anti-town wincon than not.  Otherwise, he'd be more interested In helping, not hurting our situation.

I'm arguing that that's not Ichi's power.  I think that power belongs to a living scumbuddy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 13, 2015, 04:06:09 pm »

I'm with UoS on the 'morality' debate.

PPE: yeah, I mean, there's a pretty good chance that Awaclus has been making everything up. But lynching you is pretty good anayway. We can always (and probably will) lynch Awaclus later.

PPPE

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 13, 2015, 04:07:31 pm »

PPE: yeah, I mean, there's a pretty good chance that Awaclus has been making everything up. But lynching you is pretty good anayway. We can always (and probably will) lynch Awaclus later.

This is what I've been saying. If ash flips town, awaclus should probably die.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2367 on: July 13, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »

It's also a Time Traveling Old One thing and an Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host thing.

What lies?

Then what's the narrative for me actually helping town quite a bit?

I'm arguing that that's not Ichi's power.  I think that power belongs to a living scumbuddy.

So who's my living scumbuddy then?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 13, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

This is what I've been saying. If ash flips town, awaclus should probably die.

Actually assuredly die, since he's lying about Ichi thing and is just scum. But ash should be lynched first, in case he's right.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 13, 2015, 04:08:50 pm »

ESP the morality debate (oh, it already exists). The only debate is how beneficial to town lying is. And in my opinion, almost never. I mean, the Mafia championship game ash was in had great town lying, but that is an exception not the rule. In rmm? I don't like lying at all

I am happy with an awaclus lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: July 13, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 13, 2015, 04:10:07 pm »

Yeah, it's a shame you have to be certain of the scumteam before you lynch any scum.

PPE: 3

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 13, 2015, 04:12:50 pm »

Does anyone have any information on if Tara (Egork) investigated as a demon/was a demon?

I mean Tara is a human in the show, but vampires are demons and you become a demon when you become a vampire.  Was Egork a vampire or just vampire-aligned?

Or do we not actually know that?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2373 on: July 13, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »

Yeah, it's a shame you have to be certain of the scumteam before you lynch any scum.

PPE: 3

You can be quite certain that there's nobody who could possibly be my partner.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 13, 2015, 04:17:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure hockey is voting for ash.

Yes, that is correct. Fixed now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.