Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Blackrock Mountain Adventure Discussion  (Read 11502 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Blackrock Mountain Adventure Discussion
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 03:38:28 pm »

Omokk: Druid mill fatigued him to death. Otherwise super tough. Used a modified netdeck that gave me the inspiration but I didn't have half the cards (namely tree of life).

Drakk: Priest with my only minion as Majordomo. He pulls Shadow Madness and I toast Domo making Rag the new hero with only 8 health to burn through. Otherwise, impossible win without a library full of legendaries I don't have. Mind control and resurrect were star cards.

Rend: Classic deathlord priest heal lightbomb deck.
What happens to everyone's mana after Drakk is replaced with Rag? Maybe they intended this battle to only be reasonably beatable through that gimmick.
The mana goes back to normal. This bit me when I tried a Majordomo strat, because I couldn't manage the necessary 8 face damage before dying. I gave up on that approach when I found that out, but I guess I should have tried harder.

yeah the mana cost of cards going back to normal is clear, but what of the mana cap? Does it increase by 1 mana each turn from when it was when Rag comes out (starting from 2 for the boss and 1 for you) or does it jump up by a certain amount. I assume it's a gradual increase, rather than an immediate jump to a 10 mana cap or something.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »

Omokk: Druid mill fatigued him to death. Otherwise super tough. Used a modified netdeck that gave me the inspiration but I didn't have half the cards (namely tree of life).

Drakk: Priest with my only minion as Majordomo. He pulls Shadow Madness and I toast Domo making Rag the new hero with only 8 health to burn through. Otherwise, impossible win without a library full of legendaries I don't have. Mind control and resurrect were star cards.

Rend: Classic deathlord priest heal lightbomb deck.
What happens to everyone's mana after Drakk is replaced with Rag? Maybe they intended this battle to only be reasonably beatable through that gimmick.
The mana goes back to normal. This bit me when I tried a Majordomo strat, because I couldn't manage the necessary 8 face damage before dying. I gave up on that approach when I found that out, but I guess I should have tried harder.

yeah the mana cost of cards going back to normal is clear, but what of the mana cap? Does it increase by 1 mana each turn from when it was when Rag comes out (starting from 2 for the boss and 1 for you) or does it jump up by a certain amount. I assume it's a gradual increase, rather than an immediate jump to a 10 mana cap or something.

yeah, the mana starts at 1 and increases by 1 per turn beginning after rag comes in.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 02:21:14 pm »

For Drakk, the Majordomo strat seems neat. I wish I had thought of it. But the p2w Priest seemed to work just fine. I suppose I might have been lucky but it only took 2 tries. The main idea is that since he plays 2 cards every turn to your 1, you win by running him out of cards. You just need things to stop his board from getting too big. MC, and Sylvanas and possibly Rag are great value, as is KT if you stick something. Then you just want to stall will Sunwalker/Sludge/Frost Ele and single target removal (Death and Holy Fire) to get big Light Bombs (and maybe Deathwing). Once he runs out of cards, you're good.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

Just cakewalked through all 4 wing 4 bosses 1st try on each with the same unmodified face hunter deck. I also got both class challenges with no sweat first attempt.
I'll tackle the heroic bosses later this evening where I expect to actually have to build a solution.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:31 pm »

I did the first two heroics without much of a problem, but I'm not even close to getting Chromaggus down. I just thought I had figured out the trick, but it didn't work: I tried giving him the afflictions with Lorewalker Cho, but most of them still work in his favor when they are in his hand due to their wording
I also took a quick look at Nefarian, no clue there either.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

I did the first two heroics without much of a problem, but I'm not even close to getting Chromaggus down. I just thought I had figured out the trick, but it didn't work: I tried giving him the afflictions with Lorewalker Cho, but most of them still work in his favor when they are in his hand due to their wording
I also took a quick look at Nefarian, no clue there either.

For Chromaggus, I used a Priest deck with Deathlord/Divine Spirit/Inner Fire stuff. Priest is cool because of the self-heal capabilities and Cabal Shadow Priest is really good for taking those chromakin things. Lightbomb is really good if you have it as well. Thaurissan makes it a lot easier to dump the afflictions later on, and Kel'Thuzad doing his usual thing is good too. Oh and prioritize dumping the cost reduction afflictions over all the others, including the double-draw one.

For Nefarian, I went for a Paladin deck with Pyro/Equality/Consecration. I was able to stall enough before getting the upper hand with Kel'Thuzad. Paladin is nice here because Nerafian tends to make pretty derpy plays with the Paladin spells he steals, like auto-playing Equality and using Humility on the wrong target. Plus, there are some junky Paladin secrets. My minions were a bit on the sticky side (Shielded Mini-bot, piloted mechs, Belcher) which mitigates the damage of Flamestrike.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:17:45 pm by markusin »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 09:50:07 am »

Heroic Chromaggus seems impossible. I've come really close many many times but cannot ever seem to do him in.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

Chromaggus has at least 2 copies of Onyxia. I swear I am net decking and have still lost over 50 consecutive games. I've even been in an assured win condition with a super buffed Deathlord and Kelthuzad on the board and still lost since he could just fire off infinite zero mana multi copied swipes.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

Yeah, so it just occurred to me that Chromaggus can easily drop multiple Onyxii or any other card that the Afflictions allow him to reproduce copies of when drawing them.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »

Chromaggus has at least 2 copies of Onyxia. I swear I am net decking and have still lost over 50 consecutive games. I've even been in an assured win condition with a super buffed Deathlord and Kelthuzad on the board and still lost since he could just fire off infinite zero mana multi copied swipes.
Yeah you really have to get those mana reduction cards out of your hand, or else he'll mass play all the cards he double-draws. I also more or less netdecked to beat him, but added in Thaurissan to help dump a whole bunch of afflictions at once after taking control of the board.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.