Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Non-groundless speculation about the 2015 expansion  (Read 8207 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Non-groundless speculation about the 2015 expansion
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

So now that we know a few things, such as what reserve cards and travelers look like, what do you think will still be to come?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Non-groundless speculation about the 2015 expansion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »
+6

I predict that there will be event cards of some sort.  Also, tokens with player colours that modify cards!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:11:46 pm »
+3

I predict that there will be more kingdom cards.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:24:49 pm »
+7

I predict everyone who's play tested the cards will make joke predictions.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »
+1

I predict cost increasers. It's the only thing that can shock me anymore. Also i predict that you will own, play, and discuss this expansion months before it even comes up in german shelves. I also predict a Reserve-Buy. And i predict tokens in player colors will be put on piles in the supply to get something from it ("when another player plays a card from that pile, do something" - what do i know).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:49 pm »
+1

I predict that there will be cards that do some, perhaps even all (although I also predict not at the same time!), of the following non-exhaustive list:

Grant +Actions
Grant +Draw
Grant +Coin
Grant +Buy
Trash
Be worth VP
Discard
Get set aside
Attack your opponents
Cause you to gain other cards
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:28 pm »

Most of my guesses are here.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:48:06 pm »
+3

I predict everyone who's play tested the cards will make joke predictions.

I predict that the 2nd-player advantage card will be an Action that says, "If you are the 2nd player, gain a Province." It will cost $2.

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 05:16:29 pm »
+6

I predict that the time between the end of the previews and the release of the game will feel like a long time.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »
+3

I predict that the time between the end of the previews and the release of the game will feel like a long time.
I predict that it already does.

I further predict that it will take MF Goko 37.6 months to implement the cards from this expansion.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 01:01:01 pm »

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »
+12

I predict there will be a card that uses the Journey token for a somewhat weak effect, but allows you to set the Journey token any way you want it

That's the way you need it

Any way you want it

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 09:52:00 pm »

I predict there will be a card that uses the Journey token for a somewhat weak effect, but allows you to set the Journey token any way you want it

Any way you want it

Hold on

are you really sure you want to make that prediction? Seems like a weird thing to have something be a support card where you usually won't have the thing it's supporting.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »
+1

Any way you want it

Hold on

are you really sure you want to make that prediction? Seems like a weird thing to have something be a support card where you usually won't have the thing it's supporting.

It could support itself!  For example:

Midnight Train
$5 - Action
If your journey token is face up: +1 action, +1 Buy and +$2.  If it is face down: +3 Cards.  Either way, you may turn your journey token over.

The idea is that the card has two balanced effects rather than a card that flips between terrible and wonderful.  You have to choose in advance, which is of course a drawback compared to choosing when you play the card.  The drawback is mitigated when you play multiple on the same turn.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:32:56 pm »

Any way you want it

Hold on

Midnight Train
$5 - Action
If your journey token is face up: +1 action, +1 Buy and +$2.  If it is face down: +3 Cards.  Either way, you may turn your journey token over.

The idea is that the card has two balanced effects rather than a card that flips between terrible and wonderful.  You have to choose in advance, which is of course a drawback compared to choosing when you play the card.  The drawback is mitigated when you play multiple on the same turn.
Are you sure you belong here? This doesn't feel callous enough to be an f.ds type card. We only do good-cop/bad-cop around here. Get this mediocre-cop out of here!  :o
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 12:07:13 am »

Any way you want it

Hold on

Midnight Train
$5 - Action

I really, really hate that song.

Also, apparently Steve Perry wrote the line "born and raised in South Detroit" without actually checking where South Detroit was (Hint: It's in Canada) and I'm always annoyed by this.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 08:46:05 am »

Also, apparently Steve Perry wrote the line "born and raised in South Detroit" without actually checking where South Detroit was (Hint: It's in Canada)

(That's not quite it—it's that there is no place actually called "South Detroit", but if there were it'd be in Canada.)

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:39 am »

I hate that song and it seems to pop up no matter where I go, even f.ds forum.

Curse you Steve Perry!
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:36 am »
+6

An idea i had today: How about a Reserve that does something nice on play but can only be called back into your deck by buying a VP card? Not necessarily for any great effect besides having it back. Could be a sifter, for example:

Ranger, $4, Action - Reserve
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top two cards of your deck. Put one in your hand. Discard the other one. Put this on your Tavern Mat.
---
When you buy a VP card, you may call this.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:18 am »
+1

An idea i had today: How about a Reserve that does something nice on play but can only be called back into your deck by buying a VP card? Not necessarily for any great effect besides having it back. Could be a sifter, for example:

+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top two cards of your deck. Put one in your hand. Discard the other one. Put this on your Tavern Mat.
---

The idea of using the Reserve Mat as simply a way of allowing more powerful cards (since you won't get to discard them after every play) is a good one. You could play with all sorts of triggers about what allows them to be called.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 11:45:06 am »

+1 Card
+1 Action
---

The idea of using the Reserve Mat as simply a way of allowing more powerful cards (since you won't get to discard them after every play) is a good one. You could play with all sorts of triggers about what allows them to be called.

I thought about writing that post more generally, but struggled finding calling conditions where the kind of restriction made sense. Maybe when you shuffle, but that's all i got right now.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.