Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: Features Thread  (Read 107468 times)

DavidTheDavid

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
Re: Features Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:18 pm »

This has been on my mind a lot, but if Events end up on page 2, it can be super easy to forget they are there or even to check for Events. My suggestions is to shrink the border size of Events so they are the same as the other cards, cropping out part of the picture. However, when people click on the Event, they can see the full-size thing.

How about this:

For PC users, just use the entire screen.  Fit everything.

For mobile users, put ALL cards on a separate screen, and have the primary screen be your play area, hand, trash, other players, etc.

From the latest version that I saw, the installed app for PC lets you play on a fixed, full-screen or in windowed mode. I was testing some things, so I used windowed mode so that I could go to my document and then the game without issue. In full-screen, if I tabbed away to another window, the game minimized. I was running on a split screen (which worked great) so with my large monitor, the game was fine in windowed mode.

...and did everything fit on one page?

I only had access to the basic set, so there were no stacks on a second screen. Everything else looked good. Edit: I guess it also depends on what you mean by everything. Just card stacks? Card stacks and logs? I don't want to incur the displeasure of Lord Humanton, so I'll leave details for him. And I'm sure once the first round of beta starts, word will get out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:19:07 pm by DavidTheDavid »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2015, 12:25:34 pm »

Spring is now here. Can't wait.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Lord Humanton

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +240
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2015, 07:08:22 am »
+10

This has been on my mind a lot, but if Events end up on page 2, it can be super easy to forget they are there or even to check for Events. My suggestions is to shrink the border size of Events so they are the same as the other cards, cropping out part of the picture. However, when people click on the Event, they can see the full-size thing.

How about this:

For PC users, just use the entire screen.  Fit everything.

For mobile users, put ALL cards on a separate screen, and have the primary screen be your play area, hand, trash, other players, etc.

From the latest version that I saw, the installed app for PC lets you play on a fixed, full-screen or in windowed mode. I was testing some things, so I used windowed mode so that I could go to my document and then the game without issue. In full-screen, if I tabbed away to another window, the game minimized. I was running on a split screen (which worked great) so with my large monitor, the game was fine in windowed mode.

...and did everything fit on one page?

I only had access to the basic set, so there were no stacks on a second screen. Everything else looked good. Edit: I guess it also depends on what you mean by everything. Just card stacks? Card stacks and logs? I don't want to incur the displeasure of Lord Humanton, so I'll leave details for him. And I'm sure once the first round of beta starts, word will get out.

We plan to open the beta-test up to members of this forum in ~3 weeks.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:55 am »

Great! Count me in! I am looking forward to it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »
+2

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:32 pm »

Alright!!  Can't wait to see the new and drastically improved online dominion!  Count me in as well.

Lord Humanton

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
+1

Alright!!  Can't wait to see the new and drastically improved online dominion!

Funny thing to say, because (for example, if you read my posts at the beginning of this thread) the drastic improvements are exactly the ones you won't be able to see. The rewrite of the backend will make things more stable and faster. The rewrite of the front-end will get us to more platforms, but the platform releases will be staged, so that won't matter to you for a while. And both rewrites will mean that we'll actually have a code base we can manage and make rapid improvements to in the future.

Count me in as well.

We have a limited number of slots for this test, because it's distracting to keep up with. However, (repeating what I just posted in another thread), if you are interested in joining the closed beta test, you promise to keep it secret, you have an email+password login on your account (not Facebook/Google+/Twitter for right now), you're playing on Windows, MacOS, or Linux, and you'd find it interesting to play on a feature-incomplete system, please message me this info: your name, your email, your Dominion Online login (if different from your email), your Making Fun forum name (create one if you don't have it), and what OS you are on. I'll add the first 25 complete replies.

Or you could just wait, because in a couple weeks we'll open up the beta for everybody to test. :-)

Right now we are only testing Windows, MacOS, and Linux native builds. We'll start focusing on finalizing the web builds in mid-June and then move on to finalizing builds for tablets.

Lord Humanton

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:18 am »
+2

if you are interested in joining the closed beta test...
I'll accept people and email them details on Monday.

Or you could just wait, because in a couple weeks we'll open up the beta for everybody to test. :-)
I've posted a summary of our roadmap here:
http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?6715-Version-2-Coming&p=34309#post34309

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 29, 2015, 10:53:11 am »

Oh please oh please oh PLEASE say we can transfer previously-bought cards to version 2. So excited!
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:52 am »

Oh please oh please oh PLEASE say we can transfer previously-bought cards to version 2. So excited!

They've already said you can, but it's also in the link just provided.

Note that your account including all sets and cards you have purchased will be transferred to the version 2 site on the night of June 10.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2015, 11:12:52 am »

Yes.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:47 pm »
+5

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but it bugs me a bit that logs don't mention what triggered the end of the game. Isotropic logs would have a line at the end saying something like, "Provinces ran out" or "x, y and z ran out", which was helpful.

It would also be nice if the contents of the trash was listed as well.

Lord Humanton

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:53 am »
+4

It's time for a post mortem on how we did on the top issues for this forum:

Thank you all for the posts!!! I counted over 50 distinct ideas and I've recorded every one. Even though they may be known, the prioritization is useful. I've organized them by the number of distinct posters who supported them (unscientific I know but better than nothing.) Based on that, here are the top 10 (or so):

1. Always-visible game logs (on non-mobile)
YES, this was put into 2.0 for non-mobile. (#8 on the new features list)
https://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7889-Exiting-Open-Beta-Sunset-of-Goko-Site

2. Automatch
YES, the seeking feature in 2.0. (#6 on the new features list)

3. Kingdom cards on 1st page (esp. if ruins, bane)
YES, in 2.0 the number of displayed piles was upped to 12 for a wide screen resolution from Goko's 10. (#7 on the new features list)
In 2.1 it was further increased to 14 piles. The Ruins pile was relocated by the Curses so it didn't take up a kingdom slot. Some piles such as prizes were consolidated into a single pile
https://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?10154-Release-Notes-v-2-1-with-Adventures

4. Real kingdom generation
YES, in 2.0.41.
https://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7785-Release-Notes-v-2-0-41

5. Better reconnect
YES. This was improved over multiple releases of the 2.0 beta and overhauled in 2.0.47.

6. Button options instead having to drag
PARTIALLY, for example using the trigger resolution dialog added in 2.1. This was a work in progress.

7. Support Adventures set
YES, in 2.1.

8. VP Counter
YES in 2.0, with updated seeking options in 2.0.46.

9. Blacklist
NO. This (and other social features) would have been released in late Spring 2016, but we heard the license news and had to shut down development.

10. Prevent misclicks
YES in 2.1, when key buttons were relocated to address this.

11. API
NO, because we deemed this less important after a mod was released. It seemed sufficient in the short run to just make sure no code was obfuscated.

12. Who-goes-first adjustments
NO. Again, it certainly would have been implemented in 2016.

13. Rematch
YES in 2.0. (#9 on the new features list)

So we'd managed to get as far as 9.5/13 of these particular requests. Thanks again for all your input.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.