Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone use Tabletop Simulator on Steam?  (Read 2978 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Anyone use Tabletop Simulator on Steam?
« on: March 28, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »

My friend got a 4-pack of Tabletop Simulator, and I was the lucky fourth person to get it. It's viewable at http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

It looks interesting, but the games selection seems limited. It looks like I need to purchase other games? Not sure exactly how this works. My friend gets incredibly busy, so I'm not even sure when we'll get a chance to play online.
A man has no signature

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Anyone use Tabletop Simulator on Steam?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:11:37 pm »

I'm waiting on a good sale for it.  Can't wait to play Dominion: Adventures online!  (Should be possible before MF gets around to implementing it)
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:10:36 am »

Funnily enough, I only come here for the General Discussion. I don't even read Dominion boards anymore. Is there an ongoing joke about Dominion: Adventures? I'm woefully behind on Dominion as it is (pretty sure there are Guild cards that I've only played once).

I was too busy over the weekend to try this out. I went through the tutorial. The interface seemed a little clunky. It's a neat idea that you can pick up and flip cards. I like the hidden areas that you can set up. I'm not fond of the idea that you can only zoom in on one die at a time. That can make those fistful-of-dice games more cumbersome.
A man has no signature

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 08:59:30 am »
+2

Funnily enough, I only come here for the General Discussion. I don't even read Dominion boards anymore. Is there an ongoing joke about Dominion: Adventures? I'm woefully behind on Dominion as it is (pretty sure there are Guild cards that I've only played once).

Joke? Dominion: Adventures is the next expansion, due out in a couple of weeks. The previews start today.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:40 am »

Joke? Dominion: Adventures is the next expansion, due out in a couple of weeks. The previews start today.

Holy cow, I am so out of touch! All I had to do was look on BGG.com to avoid looking like a fool. Sounds fun. And maybe it means I'll dust off Dominion again.

Okay, so back to the simulator. I'm still not entirely sure how to play nontraditional games (i.e., not backgammon and chess, which are fun in their own right).
A man has no signature

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 04:34:10 am »

You can basically implement any game in TS, and users do that indeed. You can download those in the Workshop. I for once use TS to playtest my own game (built it myself) as well as fan cards, simply because i don't have anybody to do that on a regular basis in real life.

So, Kuildeous, in case you fancy a game or two, might i PM you my Steam thingy? This goes for anybody interested, not only Kuildeous.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:43:42 am »
+1

So, Kuildeous, in case you fancy a game or two, might i PM you my Steam thingy? This goes for anybody interested, not only Kuildeous.

Sure you can add me. My user name is also Kuildeous.

I'll warn you that I don't do a whole of multiplayer on Steam, so this might not go anywhere, but it definitely wouldn't go anywhere if we don't friend each other.
A man has no signature

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 11:13:57 am »
+2

Here is a video of Dominion being played on TS:

Looks cool.  Maybe if it ever goes on sale I'll try it.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »

Isn't RGG gonna try to take that video off youtube?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.