Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One point.  (Read 800 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
One point.
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:03:51 pm »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150327/log.505c6195a2e6c78ad2ed5a99.1427490443447.txt

Lost this one by one point because Toshimo bought an Estate.  When is a good time to buy an Estate in a Rebuild game?  More in general, what could I have done better?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: One point.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:37 pm »

I think this is a pretty clear Rebuild rush board. Usually this means you can pretty safely ignore all trashing, because you don't particularly mind any of your starting 10 being there. You want to get rid of Hovel, but you probably get rid of it anyway because of its own ability, and you might want to get rid of Necropolis, but the Coppers aren't awful and you actually want to keep the OGE around in order to Rebuild it into an Estate. Getting one Masq might not be the worst play ever, but I would personally just open Silver/Silver or Silver/Fortune Teller over Masq, and you most certainly don't want two of them.

Buying Estates is good when there's a good reason to believe that you can Rebuild it into a Duchy before the Duchy pile runs out (which is hardly ever in most games, but it would've been true here), and in the end game where it prevents your opponent from ending the game on a win (also would've been true here).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:33:58 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.