Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Transient Workers  (Read 1390 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
Transient Workers
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »
+2

$4 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck.  Draw it, discard it, or trash it.
If you draw it, +2 actions.
If you discard it, +2 cards.
If you trash it, +$3.

I'm not sure of the balance on the last option, but I feel the first two are about right for a band of misfits kinda card.  For $4, you either get a Village, a nerfed Smithy, or a weird Trade Route.  None of those would probably be good at $4, but the flexibility (and being able to react to what the top card actually is) makes it worthwhile...I hope.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
Re: Transient Workers
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:02:24 am »
+1

The trashing option is insanely good. Like, better than Masquerade and Junk Dealer even. Of course it's going to be really hard to trash all your cards, but that doesn't really matter because this card is never dead and always good, especially in multiples.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:03:35 am by pubby »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

This needs to be $5. I think the second option is much closer to a regular Smithy than a nerfed Smithy. If you choose to discard a victory card, then the result is almost the same as just having played Smithy. It is more nerfed if used to discard a Copper. But if you'll probably be trashing it instead most of the time. And also, when this does hit a copper, (which is most of the time early in the game), it's way better than Moneylender. Basically a Moneylender with +1 card added.

That being said, I think this could be a really interesting card for $5.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:05:33 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:21:29 am »
+1

I think the on-trash bonus should be +$2. It'll line up with the other bonuses and it's currently the strongest bonus by far.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:40:45 am »

Definitely needs to cost at least $5, and it might still be too good.  It's almost a draw-your-deck engine by itself.  It's a village, terminal draw, or pretty darn good trasher, whichever you need at the time.  Get a stack, add some payload and go to town. 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.