Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Peddler in Black Market. Costing... $8?!?!?!  (Read 1796 times)

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Peddler in Black Market. Costing... $8?!?!?!
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:53:09 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201112/27/game-20111227-054847-49d18709.html

On turn 18 my opponent drew a peddler from the BM. He said it still costed $8. Is this supposed to be this way and why? It should've costed only $2 to get. Thanks in advance.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Peddler in Black Market. Costing... $8?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:57:30 am »
+1

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201112/27/game-20111227-054847-49d18709.html

On turn 18 my opponent drew a peddler from the BM. He said it still costed $8. Is this supposed to be this way and why? It should've costed only $2 to get. Thanks in advance.
Yes, it always costs 8 out of the BM. The cost reduction only occurs in the buy phase, and as black market is an action and can therefore only be played in the action phase, peddler always costs 8 out of it.

DrHades

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
Re: Peddler in Black Market. Costing... $8?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:53:08 am »
+1

Also, you cannot take Peddler from Ironworks (without Highway or Bridge) and you can Remodel it into Platinum, Expand it into Colony or Forge it into Province anytime.

Quoting Donald X. from article The Secret History of the Prosperity Cards:

"- $8; Peddler. With this version I switched to having it only change in cost during your buy phase. This meant now you could Remodel it into Platinum and so forth. The change was for two reasons. First, the Remodel combos are fun and well why not try them out. The second was to make it less confusing. People were always trying to Remodel it and then having to be reminded that no, you played two Peddlers and a Remodel, now it only costs $2."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.