Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Baronic Megaturn Challenge  (Read 3207 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
Baronic Megaturn Challenge
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:51:00 pm »

Ok, so things are about to get totally baronic.

Here is the goal: Play 8 Barons in one turn, producing 12 coin from each baron, and use the money and buys they produce to buy 8 colonies and a province in order to end the game in a single megaturn.

Here are the restrictions:

While you are setting up for the megaturn, you can only produce coin to buy cards by using your starting coppers and by playing baron.

This means you cannot gain copper, silver, gold, or platinum (but you are free to keep and play your starting copper for as long as you want.)

You also cannot gain any kingdom treasures, any actions that produce coin or coin tokens, or cards that reduce the cost of other cards.

You cannot put baker on the board in order to use the starting the coin token.

You cannot use coppersmith to improve the value of your copper.

Cards that remodel other cards or gain cards outright are acceptable as long as they do not also fall into one of the banned categories.

Counting House and Apothecary are okay, as are moat, scout, spy, and pearl diver.

PM me your logs, and I will post a winner after I stop receiving submissions. If you want to submit a log but don't think you will get a chance right away, let me know and I will keep the challenge open for you. Have fun!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Baronic Megaturn Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:14:13 pm »

12 coins from each baron? Are we supposed to KC them or something? Let me rephrase the challenge in another way, you tell me if it is equivalent.

In a single turn, buy 8 colonies and a province. You may not produce coins in any way at any point in the game besides playing your 7 starting coppers or playing baron. You may not play Coppersmith.

This way instead of being prohibited from gaining cards that give coins or getting coin tokens, you just aren't allowed to ever produce the coins (using a coin token produces a coin). You also aren't restricted to how many barons you play or if they are king's courted or not, but clearly you will still need to play at least 23 of them.

Is highway okay?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »
+6

Conveniently, all Dominion cards are baronic.

*whispering*

Correction: All Dominion cards are baryonic.  Sorry for any confusion.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:23:03 pm »
+14

*whispering*

...except, of course, for Stonemeson.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:50 pm »
+2

*whispering*

...except, of course, for Stonemeson.

I just went and upvoted like five random posts of yours, just for that.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:17 am »

Edit: Evidently I don't know how this forum works. I'll just leave my *totally impractical* solution here, though:

Kingdom: Oracle, Procession, Baron, Fortress, Catacombs, Graverobber, Mint, Nobles, Border Village, KC

Open Procession/Oracle.
Turn 3: Draw Procession, Oracle and 3 coppers, processing the oracle into a fortress, discarding 2 estates and drawing 4 coppers. Buy a KC.
Turn 4: Draw Estate, KC Procession Fortress Copper. KC Procession Fortress 3 times, drawing 6 coppers, gaining 2 graverobbers and a Catacombs. Buy a KC.
Turn 5: Draw KC, KC, Catacombs and the 2 estates left in the draw pile. Play KC KC Cata, drawing 2 graverobbers, a fortress, 7 coppers, and discarding 2 estates. The draw pile contains 1 estate. Use the 2nd and 3rd KCs on graverobbers, remodeling the fortress 6 times, into 1 nobles, 1 border village-nobles, 1 procession, 1 Catacombs, 1 baron, and a fortress. Buy a mint, trashing all the coppers.
Turn 6: Draw Crossroads, Procession, a Catacombs, and a Nobles. Play fortress, drawing the Baron. Procession the Catacombs, drawing KC, KC, Baron, the 3 estates, and the other procession, gaining Procession and a Baron off a Border Village. Draw a KC off the fortress. You now have KC, KC, Baron, 3xEstate, Procession, Nobles. Play KC KC Baron, discarding the estates, then Procession, processing first the nobles (drawing the Catacombs, a Graverobber, the second Nobles, the second Baron, the second Procession, and the mint, gaining KC), then the Catacombs (drawing the KC, the second Graverobber, and the estates, gaining Baron and Border Village, gaining Procession), then the Graverobber (rescuing the Nobles and the Catacombs, gaining Nobles). We can then repeat this (rescuing Graverobber/Catacombs instead of Nobles/Catacombs) until the KC/Nobles/Procession piles run out, by which we will have played KC barons 8 times.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:06:21 am by tailred »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.383 seconds with 23 queries.