Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74  All

Author Topic: Neat and potentially useful card interactions  (Read 503099 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
Re: Neat and potentially useful card interactions
« Reply #1600 on: July 20, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
+1

Game with Goat, Market Square, Peddler, and Pixie, and Tower.  Once you buy a bunch of Market Squares, it becomes really easy to pile out Peddler.  Plus, Goat + Market Square makes it easy to get Golds.  My opponent completely overlooked that, and I was able to win the game 24-9, with all of my points coming from Tower - 9 Peddlers, 10 Market Squares, and 5 Pixies, having made a 3-pile ending by buying up the last Market Squares and Pixies.  My opponent, on the other hand, had just one Province, 1 Peddler, and 2 Pixies.  Treasure Map was also in the kingdom, and they went for that instead.  They did manage to activate the Treasure Map, but it didn't do them much good.

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep this in mind the next time I roll a kingdom with Market Square, Peddler, Pixie, and Tower.

Don't forget Treasure Map to act as a distraction for your opponent.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 28, 2021, 05:57:43 pm »

Not too creative, but Devil's Market and any event worth buying, especially repeatable ones is nasty af.

Specifcally Banish is amazing.  Was able to banish 3 estates and 5 coppers for 4 golds over the first like 8 or 9 rounds, as each time your deck gets smaller to to bring that Devil's market back.  Plus the golds help in getting the needed 4 to exile lots of coppers or estates
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #1602 on: July 28, 2021, 06:33:20 pm »

Not too creative, but Devil's Market and any event worth buying, especially repeatable ones is nasty af.

Specifcally Banish is amazing.  Was able to banish 3 estates and 5 coppers for 4 golds over the first like 8 or 9 rounds, as each time your deck gets smaller to to bring that Devil's market back.  Plus the golds help in getting the needed 4 to exile lots of coppers or estates

devil's workshop? or is devil's market a translation of something like windfall or commerce?

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 30, 2021, 02:13:26 pm »

Livery/Academy

With a cube on Academy playing Livery is more or less like playing 3 Peddlers, if you gain a card costing $4 or more. With +buys and multiple Liverys you are quite soon at a point, where you never need to worry about Actions again and wish that the Horse pile would be bigger.

Throw in a populate and shit gets real crazy....

too bad there was no diamdem

3 piling by hitting three populates was a funny way to end tho
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 03, 2021, 04:33:53 am »

Mastermind/Way of the Frog. Mastermind collision is no longer a problem!
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 06, 2021, 10:22:45 am »

Adding to fun stuff with Livery...

Livery/Procession

Play Livery, gain Horses, Procession Horses, gain more Processions and Horses. It becomes fairly easy to empty the Procession and Horse piles quickly.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 07, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »

Even with very minimal in-turn silver gaining/buys available Conquest can be pretty great.  In this game I used my 3 scraps & one wharf to repeatedly drew more scraps to trash more silvers. Plus once your opponent gets 5 or 6 provinces in their bloated deck they won't be able to do shit while you are just stacking "silver duchies" and the occasional "silver province".

Tweaking when to get an extra horse here and there and if you get lucky enough to draw to 2 coins and have an extra buy you can get the boon of the 2x conquest and essentially get a province that doesn't green your deck one bit.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 07, 2021, 02:02:59 pm »
+1

Not too creative, but Devil's Market Workshop and any event worth buying, especially repeatable ones is nasty af.

devil's workshop? or is devil's market a translation of something like windfall or commerce?
When you make as much bank as That Devils Worksop gets it turns into a Devil's Market....  ::)

You can get in trouble when you smoke copious amounts of weed at the Devils Workshop and forget where you even are...

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 07, 2021, 02:05:41 pm »

Adding to fun stuff with Livery...

Livery/Procession

Play Livery, gain Horses, Procession Horses, gain more Processions and Horses. It becomes fairly easy to empty the Procession and Horse piles quickly.

Unless you are holding them for like triumphal arch emptying the horse pile is fairly inconsequential.  Not in supply and the wild horses always return to pasture.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 08, 2021, 04:56:20 am »
+5

Royal Carriage (or any throner) + Hunting Lodge + Way of the Chameleon

You can Chameleon a Hunting Lodge to discard your hand for +$6, then replay it normally and draw back up to 5 with a bunch of actions to spare. Pretty neat!

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 11, 2021, 12:35:43 am »
+1

Way of the Otter + Lost Arts = Turn a cheap Action card into a Lab
They/them

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 11, 2021, 01:43:06 am »

Royal Carriage (or any throner) + Hunting Lodge + Way of the Chameleon

You can Chameleon a Hunting Lodge to discard your hand for +$6, then replay it normally and draw back up to 5 with a bunch of actions to spare. Pretty neat!

I managed to pull off this combo with Scepter once. Then you don't have to worry about potentially discarding anything useful, since you can just play the Scepter last!
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 13, 2021, 09:29:42 pm »

Stockpile/Calvary can lead to some pretty pretty easy 3 piles if you can empty your draw pile...

honestly a i was a lil high and bought two stockpiles (so my opponent couldn't buy one) before i remembered i could three pile so easily.  If I had waited for a second buy after i  emptied my pile again i might have been able to clear all the  provinces
This was on t 13
Game 83021210
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h buys and gains a Stockpile.
h discards 5 Stockpiles from Exile.
h buys and gains a Stockpile.
h buys and gains a Cavalry.
h draws a Coin of the Realm and a Livery.
h gets +1 Buy.
h plays a Coin of the Realm. (+$1)
h puts a Coin of the Realm on their Tavern mat.
h draws an Estate and a Cavalry.
h gets +1 Buy.
h shuffles their deck.
h draws 2 Stockpiles.
h gets +1 Buy.
h draws a Stockpile and a Cavalry.
h gets +1 Buy.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h draws a Stockpile and a Cavalry.
h gets +1 Buy.
h plays a Stockpile.
h gets +1 Buy.
h exiles a Stockpile.
h buys and gains 2 Provinces.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 09:38:20 pm by Honkeyfresh »

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 16, 2021, 07:06:01 am »
+1

Not sure why I never really thought of this before but Tournament & Transmogrify has fantastic synergy.  I've had better success opening transmog as it needs a shuffle to get down.  Twice i never even bought a tourney, just made on from a silver, and even once a gold. Or you can just get one when if you get an unlucky 4 draw an t5. Helps thin estates to get silvers early thus greatly helping the Race to 8.  And after that have even more fun!  Miss your tourney?  As long as there is another card in your hand that is 3 or greater cost you guarantee yourself a prize.  I've done this 3x in the last week and was able to get a prize mad early.  Before my opponent had even Provied (well once they got one the turn before but I was already holding a transmogable prize.   Tried for the Prince/KC/Forge/Bank route and missed?  Turn one of them into a province and then claim your prize. 

Usually I gain followers and then turn all those engine clogging estates into whatever 3 cost or less card helps best. Draw prince with no coins?  Flip that sentry/graveyard/counting house into gold which basically is a plat. same for diadem with no actions or bag of gold with no draw. Plus all those duchies you get at prizes but don't really want cuz they gum up your smooth vp-8 engine?  They are now Golds  which really help when your deck gets clogged with province/estates & duchies.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:04:11 pm by Honkeyfresh »

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 17, 2021, 02:33:31 am »
+2

Way of the Turtle can basically give you immunity to Enchantress. All you need is to Turtle one Action card from turn to turn. Since the Turtled card is the first Action played, it's the one that's hit by Enchantress' attack, even if you then use the Way to override it. A cheap Action card, or a card whose usefulness runs out later in the game, like Chapel or Moneylender, are especially good cards to use for this
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 17, 2021, 03:45:18 am »

Way of the Turtle can basically give you immunity to Enchantress. All you need is to Turtle one Action card from turn to turn. Since the Turtled card is the first Action played, it's the one that's hit by Enchantress' attack, even if you then use the Way to override it. A cheap Action card, or a card whose usefulness runs out later in the game, like Chapel or Moneylender, are especially good cards to use for this

Nice. That's actually better than immunity.  You basically get a hireling when enchantress is played
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:46:48 am by Honkeyfresh »

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 17, 2021, 03:51:52 am »
+1

Nice. That's actually better than immunity.  You basically get a hireling when enchantress is played

More like a Lost City, if you don't use Way of the Turtle, since it gets discarded at Clean-Up
They/them

leesal

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 28, 2021, 09:11:32 pm »

So I am a beginner and found an interesting trio of cards

Got me through a slog board with no trashers, draw, plus buy or other gainers. Helped me cycle through junk, and reliably gained gold (there was a tunnel race going on to collide it with cellar early and then clear piles)

Lots of interesting card combinations in this game!

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 29, 2021, 02:08:48 pm »
+3

Champion and Way of the Otter turns all your Actions into Labs, but with Highways you get Labs with cost reduction!

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 05, 2021, 12:49:49 am »
+4

So I am a beginner and found an interesting trio of cards

Got me through a slog board with no trashers, draw, plus buy or other gainers. Helped me cycle through junk, and reliably gained gold (there was a tunnel race going on to collide it with cellar early and then clear piles)

Lots of interesting card combinations in this game!
I'm confused. Are you going to tell us what these 3 cards were, or are we supposed to guess?

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: October 08, 2021, 03:05:57 pm »
+2

Procession and Way of the Turtle is pretty awesome (WoT once on the processed action). It's basically: Play an action this turn and next turn. Gain an action costing 1 more than it.

Kinda like a gaining super-Captain effect.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 11:12:00 am by allanfieldhouse »

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 10, 2021, 02:25:08 am »
+1

Seer ./. Baron
Seer makes you draw Estates with Barons more often than not. In a recent game I managed to pull off Throne Room / Baron twice.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 03, 2022, 12:58:28 pm »
+6

Opponent plays Possession, followed by Witch for the ultimate insult.

Respond to gaining the curse by playing Sheepdog, playing it as Way of the Mouse which has a Vassal set aside. Vassal discards Lich. Play it, draw a bunch of cards, skip your Possessed turn and move on to your normal turn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1623 on: March 03, 2022, 02:33:32 pm »
+4

Respond to gaining the curse by playing Sheepdog, playing it as Way of the Mouse which has a Vassal set aside. Vassal discards Lich. Play it, draw a bunch of cards, skip your Possessed turn and move on to your normal turn.

I'll be sure to keep this in mind the next time I'm playing a kingdom with Possession, Witch, Sheepdog, Wizards and Way of the Mouse with Vassal.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4433
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 03, 2022, 03:45:21 pm »
+3

I'll be sure to keep this in mind the next time I'm playing a kingdom with Possession, Witch, Sheepdog, Wizards and Way of the Mouse with Vassal.

Actually, it occurs to me this story would be better with Sorcerer instead of Witch. Fewer distinct kingdom cards are required, and the Sorcerer would reveal the Lich, giving Gendo good reason to actually decide use Vassal in reaction to gaining the Curse.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.