Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What is the fastest way to Kings Court?  (Read 2036 times)

love

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
What is the fastest way to Kings Court?
« on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:41 pm »

Hi,

I played on this kingdom

Code: [Select]
Watchtower, Rats, Worker's Village, City, Duke, Ghost Ship, Margrave, Altar, Fairgrounds, King's Court
I have several questions and as always I appreciate your answers:

Is it crucial to get Kings Court before your opponent?

Do you think that Silver/Workers Village is the correct opening for 4/3?

log: https://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150312/log.51279b11e4b03ef870c8e38e.1426159351653.txt

On turn 3 and 4 we both have buys for $5 and $3. Is Silver<Watchtower or Watchtower<Silver?

On turn 5 I asked myself is it better to buy City or Margrave? City addresses collision of actions while Margrave could lead to a Gold and therefore to a faster Kings Court.

The reason I am so concerned with the early turns is, as you all know, that the cards bought early will be played most often. Hence, they have the biggest impact on the game. Also the power of early trashing can be explained like that. A trashed card will be missing on every future reshuffle. I know this is all obvious for you but I enjoy writing it down.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: What is the fastest way to Kings Court?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:12:12 pm »
+4

Rats/Watchtower is a really strong opening, also in this kingdom.

On the second shuffle I'd want to get another rats, another watchtower and a worker's village.
After that trashing should go fast. Id you're lucky you can skip silver but getting it is not that much of a problem.
This opening does delay hitting $5 yourself a bit, but on the other hand - I'm not scared at all by the $5 cards with that deck.
Margrave even helps, Ghost ship doesn't hurt as long as you have a watchtower in hand.

Even if this delays KC by a turn or so (and I'm not even sure it does), the trimmed deck should be totally worth it.
Join the Dominion League!

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:54:59 pm »
+1

On the second shuffle I'd want to get another rats, another watchtower and a worker's village.
After that trashing should go fast. Id you're lucky you can skip silver but getting it is not that much of a problem.
This opening does delay hitting $5 yourself a bit, but on the other hand - I'm not scared at all by the $5 cards with that deck.
Margrave even helps, Ghost ship doesn't hurt as long as you have a watchtower in hand.

Even if this delays KC by a turn or so (and I'm not even sure it does), the trimmed deck should be totally worth it.

Would you play Rats if you happened to draw it with no Watchtower?  (assuming you already have 2)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 02:01:46 pm »
+2

Would you play Rats if you happened to draw it with no Watchtower?  (assuming you already have 2)

File a bug report for the "You Make Your Own Shuffle Luck" feature.

love

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:57 pm »

Oh shit, i missed Rats/Watchtower^^Thanks for the assessment. I learned another lesson

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »

If we ignore rats, I don't think opening WV is any good. I'd open silver/silver aiming for margrave and village in the first reshuffle.  Opening with a village iswithout some specific plan besides, "I will need villages later" is usually a mistake.  I mean, the exceptions to this "rule" are many, but here you need to hit $5 to get your draw cards, and that means you need silver.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.