Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Blackrock Mountain Discussion  (Read 41145 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Blackrock Mountain Discussion
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »

Spare parts come on mechs, not dragons.  A dual mech/dragon deck seems questionable. The only spare part likely to hang out with Dragonkin is ones that come from enemy Mechanical Yetis.

I guess.  Just looking to make it viable for classes other than Priest.  Feels like there aren't many 1 mana buff spells out there.  Maybe Paladin and a Blessing?

Like, I run one Trogg in my Ramp Druid in lieu of a 2nd Yeti.  It's sometimes a 5/5, sometimes not, but spell caster classes generally want to remove it, so it ends up acting like a Taunt anyway.  And sometimes a Mage might not Poly a Yeti but will Poly the Trogg.

So I was trying to come up with a similar train of thought for this guy.  Making it 4/6 on Turn 5 seems like the best case scenario (out of SW:P territory, strong than 3/5, etc.).
Why use 1 mana spells when you can use zero?  Although pretty much any use of this guy is sketchy, Ancestral Healing seems like a frontrunnner.  An alternate target not named Injured Blademaster is cool, and the same kinda deck has Rockbiter weapon and Ancestral Spirit.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »

It feels like they're trying to give Warrior some love, but I like how Dragon Egg can nombo with Bouncing Blade.

At 1 mana though, I expect this egg to be pretty handy, especially if we see a card that can buff the whelps.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 07:15:03 pm »

It feels like they're trying to give Warrior some love, but I like how Dragon Egg can nombo with Bouncing Blade.

At 1 mana though, I expect this egg to be pretty handy, especially if we see a card that can buff the whelps.

I doubt buffing the whelps will matter. The only buffs they will get might be from cards like Dire Wolf Alpha. It's a clear Zoo card.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »

I doubt buffing the whelps will matter. The only buffs they will get might be from cards like Dire Wolf Alpha. It's a clear Zoo card.
Yeah it fills a similar role in zoo as Nerubian Egg, minus the deathrattle and the scary 4/4. I predict that Blackrock Mountain will have a mix of must-haves and lamewads like Naxx.

The fun part is predicting which cards will be the must-haves. And at some point, you're going to have to choose one must-have over the other. 30 cards isn't a lot.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:56:45 pm by markusin »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Thing is that Dragon Egg is a 1 drop, not a 2 drop. That's a big deal, because Nerubian Egg turn 2 can be slow against other aggro decks. You really want to play something with attack stats. Dropping a 0/2 turn 1 makes this a little less problematic.

I predict the second class card of every class will have dragon synergy, much how every class got at least 1 mech synergy card or 1 strong mech creature.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

But wouldn't you rather have a different 1 drop? It seems pretty bad compared to 1 drops that actually get played these days (Flame Imps, Chows, Cogmasters, Clockwork Gnomes, Argent Squires, etc).

I think it's probably just going to go by the wayside. Well it definitely will in Arena anyways. It might be okay in Constructed if you have lots of deck synergy, but it seems hard to do. It needs a weird combo of hitting your own minions without killing off the whelps you create, which seems hard to build around. Many of the efficient ways to hit your own minions are AOE.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »

Druid didn't get a strong mech or a mech synergy :(.  Robo cub is average.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2015, 12:19:39 am »

Druid didn't get a strong mech or a mech synergy :(.  Robo cub is average.

Mech bear cat is meh too. It's the only class that didn't really get a big mech synergy. But all the others pretty much got a direct buff or damage from mechs card.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2015, 02:37:51 pm »

Great, new hunter class card is based around mindless hand dumping.  Why can't Rexxar have interesting things?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »

Great, new hunter class card is based around mindless hand dumping.  Why can't Rexxar have interesting things?

I think it's pretty bad. In my experience, it's very rare in hunter to actually run out of cards.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 03:12:37 pm »

I think it's pretty bad. In my experience, it's very rare in hunter to actually run out of cards.
Midhunter doesn't.  I think facehunter is offered the option to dump hand, often, but opts to spam hero power instead to keep handsize adequate, so if you draw this guy and we pretend there's a meta without hex or BGH then you can stop spamming hero power so that you can play him for "value".

But yeah even if this guy was a 3 mana 3/3 that got +3/+3 which is probably about where he would need to be, I would be rather disappointed in the card for being a lowbrow style of play.
No one enjoyed the Hellbent mechanic in MtG ever.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2015, 03:16:50 pm »

The three mana 2/4s with the massive utility are kind of obviously good

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »

Yeah that card is super good. That's going to be in every zoolock deck.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2015, 04:54:53 pm »

Yeah that card is super good. That's going to be in every zoolock deck.

Yeah. The mage card still promotes Mech Mage though, although not sure what it'l replace. Perhaps it'll be instead of Secrets. I see Mech Mages running Mirror Entity sometimes.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2015, 07:02:01 pm »

Midhunter doesn't.  I think facehunter is offered the option to dump hand, often, but opts to spam hero power instead to keep handsize adequate, so if you draw this guy and we pretend there's a meta without hex or BGH then you can stop spamming hero power so that you can play him for "value".

But yeah even if this guy was a 3 mana 3/3 that got +3/+3 which is probably about where he would need to be, I would be rather disappointed in the card for being a lowbrow style of play.

I enjoyed Hellbent in MTG. ._.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2015, 07:44:40 pm »

I enjoyed Hellbent in MTG. ._.
You probably enjoyed madness and thought you were enjoying hellbent.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »

It's looking like the first wing won't be free for a limited time like the first Naxx wing was. A bit of a shame if that's the case.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2015, 06:09:15 pm »

It's looking like the first wing won't be free for a limited time like the first Naxx wing was. A bit of a shame if that's the case.

It was confirmed not free right from the start.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2015, 07:58:59 pm »

It was confirmed not free right from the start.
The news of the expansion came so fast. I was too busy to do more than glance at the announcements. I'll take your word for it.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2015, 08:15:46 pm »

Ugh, you know what I have better things to do than grind for in-game gold over a month or two. I should just buy the adventure pack and use my saved gold for efficient arena runs.

"You win, this time."

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 01:57:35 am »
+1

You probably enjoyed madness and thought you were enjoying hellbent.

I played Hellbent in Mirrodin/Ravnica Standard, which didn't coincide with Madness. (They brought Madness back next block in Time Spiral, but Hellbent was fun without Madness, thanks.)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/18390553/

Well, that neutral card seems pretty good.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »
+1

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/18390553/

Well, that neutral card seems pretty good.

A Fire Elemental for every Dragon deck.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2015, 01:55:18 pm »

Poor Stormpike Commando.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2015, 01:55:54 pm »

The Mage Card Dragon's Breath just seems bad when compared to Fireball. I guess it's okay since you might just want more Fireballs even when they aren't as good as Fireball?

Maybe it's actually not as bad as I first though, as if you trade a minion evenly with an enemy minion, it only costs 3 mana.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.