Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 71  All

Author Topic: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Mafia wins!)  (Read 153364 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2015, 11:58:27 am »

Since things are stalling out, why don't we do one of these?

Want to lynch: Ichi, pit
Meh: Hydrad, Awaclus, WW, LA, silver
Won't lynch: Jimmmmm, Grey, Seprix
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »

Why is Seprix on the off list?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2015, 12:16:19 pm »

Want to lynch: xpittip, Ichimaru Gin
Meh: Hydrad, Silverspawn, Seprix, witherweaver, LibraryAdventurer
Won't lynch: Faust, GreyICE, Jimmmm, Awaclus
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:57 pm »

I don't think anyone wants to lynch Ice. :p

I'm going to stick with my IG vote, I think. I've thought about it for a couple of days. If IG ends up being lynched, that makes Pit suspect to me, since he's kind of half heartedly defending him in a way that doesn't look overtly like protection.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »

I don't think anyone wants to lynch Ice. :p

I'm going to stick with my IG vote, I think. I've thought about it for a couple of days. If IG ends up being lynched, that makes Pit suspect to me, since he's kind of half heartedly defending him in a way that doesn't look overtly like protection.

If IG gets lynched and ends up being scum*

Again, typing on the phone is meh for me.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »

Wow, Awaclus's reads are like an exact copy of faust's. This is starting to get annoying.
It's not fun having a fake trumped up wagon on me every single game. You can't use exact opposite arguments to justify scumreads on me, just saying. "Oh Ichi's OMGUSing like he always does, he must be scum!"
"Oh, he's changing his playstyle like he's said he would for a long time? He has a townread on someone because of a case they made against him which he says looks like a case town would make? Um, he must be scum for that too!"
Pathetic.

Lurkers, please participate more.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2015, 01:04:35 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2015, 01:07:07 pm »

It's also not inaccurate; he has been mostly sheeping.  I'm not sure scum really wants to highlight that about themselves, though.
I've been partners with Seprix before. He is perfectly capable of doing this as scum. Especially when he gets rewarded with townreads for being too scummy or something.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2015, 01:13:06 pm »

Want to lynch: Seprix, faust, Awaclus
Meh: Hydrad, silverspawn, pit
Won't lynch: GreyICE, Jimmmm, LibraryAdventurer, Witherweaver

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »

Wow, Awaclus's reads are like an exact copy of faust's.

Well, I do think that faust's reads are pretty good here!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »

I'm the most meh person around, apparently.

Want to lynch: Seprix, IG, Awaclus
Meh: Hydrad
Won't lynch: pit, GreyICE, LibraryAdventurer, Witherweaver, Jimmmmm

the first three of the no-lynch list are policy based, but I think the want list is still sufficient.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »

And we need to decide on a card before the day is over

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »

oh, and I forgot faust. He goes under no lynch.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2015, 01:34:07 pm »

And we need to decide on a card before the day is over
Oh yeah. I almost completely forgot about that. Yeah, I think Page is still the best choice.

GreyICE

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »

Not overly sold on town lists, since I find them a buffet for the scumteam. "Lets shoot Sally, everyone thinks she's town and she is!"  Lets you drive the game in a specific direction with night kills.  Reread the game

For scum:

IG - for reasons stated.  That and he seems oddly passive.  For instance a few pages ago he was talking about how Pit was a good vote, but didn't move his vote.  He only moved it when prodded.  Like, I get that being locked into a meta sucks a lot, but I have no idea what his meta is.  If he's "reinventing" his play, I wish he'd reinvent it into something that resembles town play

Pit - Pit's posts are more about why he thinks player X is acting in a way that is "scummy", not how player X is scum.  When he posts. Naked votes only get you so far for a town read.

Silver - Really dislike the Jim vote after coming down firmly on the side of Jim=Town, not a fan of his response.  Probably the weakest here.

Thoughts on Sephrix:

I don't like the WW wagon, and I think the way Seprix is pushing it is scummy.

Want me to stop pushing it? Fine. But give me a better target.

This is the most townie thing you could possibly say in the entire universe.  Maybe he's damn good scum - but he's damn good scum. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2015, 04:12:36 pm »

I'm interested. Do you think I'm playing in an anti-town fashion?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2015, 04:21:27 pm »

It's hard for me to get involved in a game when everyone is lurking. With how little activity there is in this game, I find myself caring about it less, and probably playing in a more passive fashion--there's just not a lot going on right now aside from the wagon on me.

Concerning my meta, in the past I've OMGUSed people a ton and based many of my reads off of whether people are voting me or not. Not entirely by choice though, since I guess it's kind of expected for me to play that way now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »

Not overly sold on town lists, since I find them a buffet for the scumteam. "Lets shoot Sally, everyone thinks she's town and she is!"  Lets you drive the game in a specific direction with night kills.  Reread the game

For scum:

IG - for reasons stated.  That and he seems oddly passive.  For instance a few pages ago he was talking about how Pit was a good vote, but didn't move his vote.  He only moved it when prodded.  Like, I get that being locked into a meta sucks a lot, but I have no idea what his meta is.  If he's "reinventing" his play, I wish he'd reinvent it into something that resembles town play

Pit - Pit's posts are more about why he thinks player X is acting in a way that is "scummy", not how player X is scum.  When he posts. Naked votes only get you so far for a town read.

Silver - Really dislike the Jim vote after coming down firmly on the side of Jim=Town, not a fan of his response.  Probably the weakest here.

Thoughts on Sephrix:

I don't like the WW wagon, and I think the way Seprix is pushing it is scummy.

Want me to stop pushing it? Fine. But give me a better target.

This is the most townie thing you could possibly say in the entire universe.  Maybe he's damn good scum - but he's damn good scum.

I like Pit the best of your preferences.  Ichi doesn't seem particularly scummy, and I'm a little unsure about your case against Silver.  Scum is more likely to simply accept consensus town reads than try to lynch one.  Maybe he would have forgotten about Jimmmm as scum, but you tend to put a lot more thought behind who you're going to vote as scum.  This seems like it should be more town points than scum points.

GreyICE

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2015, 04:53:09 pm »

It's hard for me to get involved in a game when everyone is lurking. With how little activity there is in this game, I find myself caring about it less, and probably playing in a more passive fashion--there's just not a lot going on right now aside from the wagon on me.

Concerning my meta, in the past I've OMGUSed people a ton and based many of my reads off of whether people are voting me or not. Not entirely by choice though, since I guess it's kind of expected for me to play that way now.
Well let me ask you, what's good strong town play? 

I promise I'll answer the other.

I like Pit the best of your preferences.  Ichi doesn't seem particularly scummy, and I'm a little unsure about your case against Silver.  Scum is more likely to simply accept consensus town reads than try to lynch one.  Maybe he would have forgotten about Jimmmm as scum, but you tend to put a lot more thought behind who you're going to vote as scum.  This seems like it should be more town points than scum points.

My "case" against Silver, such as it is (it's really more thoughts).  I think scum is a lot more likely to think "I should move my vote!" rather than "I want to vote X".  In this case you pushed him to move his vote off Sephrix, and he more or less had to respond (either to say "no I'm keeping it", or "yes, I'll move it").  Jumping to Jim there was super meh. Hydrad vote was also meh.  That being said, he's at least trying to move things around here, which I respect a lot.   

If Pit is scum though, what do you think of his Pit cross off on that list?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2015, 05:02:04 pm »

I mentioned the Silver-Pit thing before.  It makes sense as town, because Silver has seen Pit mislynched early a few times, but as I said, it's one of those things that is an easy position to take up as scum.  And it's nice to have fully justified reasons for taking positions as scum, because you can't be called out for hedging, and especially nice to have strong stances with your partners, because people expect partners to distance themselves.  I think it makes Silver look worse whether or not Pit is scum, but a bit more if Pit is scum.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2015, 05:02:25 pm »

Well let me ask you, what's good strong town play? 
I think a simplification of what I think makes good strong town play is being able to discern who is scum, and being able to convince others to agree with you. Pillars would be good activity levels, appearing townie yourself so as not to waste time and energy being suspected, and good use of your PR (if you have one).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:18 pm »

I would
I mentioned the Silver-Pit thing before.  It makes sense as town, because Silver has seen Pit mislynched early a few times, but as I said, it's one of those things that is an easy position to take up as scum.  And it's nice to have fully justified reasons for taking positions as scum, because you can't be called out for hedging, and especially nice to have strong stances with your partners, because people expect partners to distance themselves.  I think it makes Silver look worse whether or not Pit is scum, but a bit more if Pit is scum.

I would not vote for pit as either alignment. It's null.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:28 pm »

look how good i can quote

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2015, 05:22:35 pm »

I would

I would not vote for pit as either alignment. It's null.

You have to admit that isn't the most compelling thing in the world when coming from one's self.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

Whoop 3 days till deadline. I have some catching up to do.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 14 queries.