Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71  All

Author Topic: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Mafia wins!)  (Read 153362 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:02 am »

You don't think Jimmm's slip was real?

gahh, I forgot. I do think it was real.

vote: IG then

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2015, 09:58:02 am »

I have to say, I think Jim is innocent.

Awaclus looks bad.

I forgot why Pit is considered scummy.

IG... Eh... I don't know.

WW.. I mean, if like 3 different people tell me his joking is part of his meta.. I mean, I guess it's not a good reason, even though like he'd do it even if he was scum or town.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

GreyICE

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2015, 03:01:21 pm »

Alright, diving back in.  Apologies for the wall post, I need to catch up.

First, Unvote.  I actually like the naked vote here.  Not writing this one off, self-voting is scummy, especially when you use it to complain about "how bad the arguments against you are", but I'm willing to let things develop.

Silver, why you gotta do this to me.  I was kind of town reading you, but these two things set off a billion warning bells:

Hydrad also isn't the worst lynch anyway. He always makes me nervous since holiday mafia

This is one of my favorite scum strategies when voting for someone.  Tell them how good their play are.  It accomplishes many things:

- It makes them feel warm and fuzzy about you, so inherently deflects attention (awww, he really likes my play!  Warm fuzzies~)
- It inherently excuses a town flip (Oh I can't read him anyway)
- It's a really weak vote.  That can sometimes be playstyle, but town tends to vote stronger than scum.  As a wagon vote with this reasoning... bad juju.

In short, this evaporated every bit of townread I had, and then some.

The lynchpool thing is nicely town, but this site seems to depend on meta a lot, meaning town-like behaviors are going to have to be replicated.  So can anyone tell me if this is Silver's normal approach?  If so it goes alignment neutral.  (the Jimmmmm vote was super bad though) Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about.

And I thought I had a good record for spelling people's names right too...

This game needs to get moving though.

This guy has been nuzzling at the side of the game, providing commentary and questions, but never engaging.  Every.  Then this.  This is not a town thought process.  Town think "I should get the game going!"  They only react like this when they're trying to move the game forward and it's still not moving (it comes across as town frustration).  Gin?  Gin has lots of interesting observations that could move the game forward.  The idea that the WW wagon is bad, and the Seprix is scummy for pushing it?  Great way to move things forward.  His observation that "short days are pro-scum".  Neutral theorycrafting.  Can he use it to find scum on the Awaclus wagon?  Didn't even try. 

Scum thought process: "I don't have enough information to position myself properly"  = "The game needs to get moving."  Not "I should move the game" because Gin knows he's fairly well positioned, he wants other people to move it forward for him so he can position himself on the wagon he wants.

Vote: Ichimaru Gin

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Silverspawn (2): Awaclus, Hydrad
greyICE (2): IG, Jimmmmm
IG (2): Silverspawn, GreyICE
Pit (2): Awaclus, Faust
Awaclus(3): Pit, witherweaver, LibraryAdventurer

Not voting: Seprix
A person needs 6 votes to be lynched.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:20:36 pm by XerxesPraelor »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:33 pm »

I see your reasoning, but I think the context between my and Hydrad makes these votes pretty null. In short, I once decided to figure out Hydrad's playstyle, failed to do so, and ever since then I decided that I can't read him, which I have empathized in probably most games we played together. So, when I say Hydrad makes me nervous, both of us know where it's coming from, which is why it's null.

Actually, these kinds of things are a town tell for me, because I'm more careful and thorough as scum, and don't do sloppy things like this. And "I don't screw up as scum" is a great defense.

Also, I'm town.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2015, 03:44:37 pm »

Well this is interesting. Honestly, I haven't been as involved in this game as I normally am. I had spring break this week, but I ended up having even less free time than usual.

I would argue that part of my "being on the outskirts of the game" or whatever is a result of other people not replying to most of my thoughts. I don't have many scumreads this game, and it actually looks like my only vote was my RVS one on you. I think this wagon on me is actually a good development because it will hopefully shift some focus to me and allow me greater opportunity to engage people. My playstyle (at least in the past) often heavily relies on at least some people having scumreads on me.

This gives me a townread on GreyICE.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2015, 03:46:06 pm »

This guy has been nuzzling at the side of the game, providing commentary and questions, but never engaging.  Every.  Then this.  This is not a town thought process.  Town think "I should get the game going!"  They only react like this when they're trying to move the game forward and it's still not moving (it comes across as town frustration).  Gin?  Gin has lots of interesting observations that could move the game forward.  The idea that the WW wagon is bad, and the Seprix is scummy for pushing it?  Great way to move things forward.  His observation that "short days are pro-scum".  Neutral theorycrafting.  Can he use it to find scum on the Awaclus wagon?  Didn't even try. 

Scum thought process: "I don't have enough information to position myself properly"  = "The game needs to get moving."  Not "I should move the game" because Gin knows he's fairly well positioned, he wants other people to move it forward for him so he can position himself on the wagon he wants.

this is good. IG vote incoming.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2015, 03:46:38 pm »

what have you done with IG  :'(

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2015, 03:51:06 pm »

Hahaha. I think it's a good case honestly; I find it very, very hard to see scum coming up with a case like this.

OMGUS is for the terrible cases against me. Seriously, not all cases people make against me are bad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2015, 03:53:45 pm »

Hahaha. I think it's a good case honestly; I find it very, very hard to see scum coming up with a case like this.

OMGUS is for the terrible cases against me. Seriously, not all cases people make against me are bad.

So you're scum then?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »

good case = case that would be made by town

I'm willing to accept the flack for changing my meta away from OMGUS. It's worth it in the long run I think.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2015, 03:58:49 pm »

The problem with what you're doing right now is that you're not arguing why you aren't scum. You're saying the case is good, and you have only even partly defended yourself against one point. So why should we not lynch you? Why are you tonwn?

I also have my doubts about the sincerity of your townread. I think you might just be trying to change up your playstyle. Which is fine, but not towny.

I mean, you could at least say you're wrong. You're never this shy as scum. Why shouldn't we lynch you today?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »

^ that's parentheses around "you're wrong"

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »

Well what is there to defend against? Obviously the conclusion is wrong, but the premise and though processes all seem fairly solid. I feel like I can tell when scum is trying to paint me or trump up false offenses. This doesn't feel like that.

Like I said in my other post, I acknowledge that this may be difficult when I'm transitioning my playstyle. My townread on him is very sincere though. It just seems people ignore the fact that I have acknowledged good cases on me as such in the past. To a degree, I think my meta is self-reinforcing because of my reputation for OMGUS and stuff. People just filter out all the times that I don't OMGUS people.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2015, 04:05:56 pm »

good case = case that would be made by town

Town makes a lot of bad cases, too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »

Also, on more of a meta-game note, I'm really excited to be in a game with people I haven't played with before. It feels like it's been a long while since that's happened. That also has some effect on things.

PPE: I'm saying how I define cases on me. No case on town!me can be "good" in the sense that it actually reflects reality. But it can be good if it helps me to get a townread on someone.

GreyICE

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2015, 04:17:37 pm »

And yet you're voting to lynch me...

greyICE (2): IG, Jimmmmm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »

Ah, some development! This is important..

I will get on my laptop and get to my thoughts on this.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2015, 04:29:52 pm »

Oh yeah. That RVS vote.

vote: Seprix for now then

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2015, 04:38:17 pm »

This is one of my favorite scum strategies when voting for someone.  Tell them how good their play are.  It accomplishes many things:

- It makes them feel warm and fuzzy about you, so inherently deflects attention (awww, he really likes my play!  Warm fuzzies~)
- It inherently excuses a town flip (Oh I can't read him anyway)
- It's a really weak vote.  That can sometimes be playstyle, but town tends to vote stronger than scum.  As a wagon vote with this reasoning... bad juju.

I did this when I was scum. I think this is fantastic reasoning, and should not be discredited at all. Seems I have another Mafia idol besides SS now. But idols are bad, and bad is scummy

I see no bad reasoning here.

"I don't screw up as scum" is a great defense.

Also, I'm town.

No, it's not. I screwed up as scum, and everyone thought I was town for it when I put a different spin on it. And of course you say you're town, you're not WW. Or Joseph.

I don't have many scumreads this game

Because you're not looking. We have Awaclus, WW, etc.. Why wouldn't you notice this? Oh, I don't know, because you know who is scum?

And yet you're still voting for Ice. You're doing that 'warm fuzzy' thing again, and explaining away your accusations with your usual BS.

Yeah, I like a vote: IG for now, if only to see where it goes.

PPE: 1

Oh yeah. That RVS vote.

vote: Seprix for now then

And no, this isn't an OMGUS vote, IG. Don't even try it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2015, 04:39:07 pm »

I'm very happy with my vote now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2015, 04:40:26 pm »

I'm very happy with my vote now.

Of course you are. :)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2015, 04:42:31 pm »

On a more general note, I'd be interested in a clarification of "my usual BS".
Who said GreyICE's case was bad reasoning? Certainly not me.

I forgot to unvote him ok. I've only made the one vote this entire game.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2015, 04:46:30 pm »

I find every lynch you've pushed today exceedingly uncompelling. You've come out with all this stuff about how "WW's play has been terrible" or something. I don't even know where it's coming from. I don't remember why Awaclus was supposed to be scummy either.

Please. Unless you think I'm partner's with Awaclus and/or WW and am being super obvious about not joining their wagons, your accusations make little sense.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2015, 04:47:57 pm »

And no, this isn't an OMGUS vote, IG. Don't even try it.
Man. I will if I want to.

I hope you don't think I'm that much of a jerk to invalidate your whole little case on me just because I voted you while you were writing it up though.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.