Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KC Coppersmith finally pulled it off  (Read 2529 times)

Heisenberg

• Baron
  • I am the one who knocks!
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
KC Coppersmith finally pulled it off
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:19 pm »
+2

It was a bit lucky to get the ruined market, but that's what I played for in buying death cart.  I made the most of it in this KC coppersmith engine.  I had to be quite patient in building this until finally in turn 17 I kicked off.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150304/log.516d7e40e4b082c74d7c2610.1425512816756.txt

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: KC Coppersmith finally pulled it off
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:51:05 am »

Coppersmith can lead to the occasional stealth win.  It's weak enough that you lose very little by always ignoring it, so when it's strong you can really take people by surprise.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:12:33 am »

It's cool if this works, but I think on this board a straight Courtyard-BM should be able to grab 4-5 Provinces before you can pull off your megaturn.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:53:11 am »

It's cool if this works, but I think on this board a straight Courtyard-BM should be able to grab 4-5 Provinces before you can pull off your megaturn.

4-5 Provinces isn't enough to win the game though. It's a bit more difficult for the engine here since the +buy is so limited, though, but still it shouldn't be a problem.

I would open Remodel here. It's nice to turn Estates into Ironmongers and maybe some Coppers into Courtyards as well; you don't necessarily need to keep all 7 Coppers around since getting enough buys to utilize all of the $ is more of a problem than getting enough $ anyway.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 08:09:02 am »

It's fun to get your Coppers to be worth Platina and beyond in this kind of game. I'm confused, though, by your opponent's turn 18. I get not breaking PPR, but it still seems odd to get rid of the Death Cart(s) and then buy nothing. Maybe he'd already thrown in the towel by then? Not to mention the sidebar says he had no Death Carts in his deck after that turn, when the main log claims he drew one in his Clean-up phase...I guess that's because Salvager counts every "trashing" as a copy being removed from the deck.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:45 am »

4-5 Provinces isn't enough to win the game though. It's a bit more difficult for the engine here since the +buy is so limited, though, but still it shouldn't be a problem.

I would open Remodel here. It's nice to turn Estates into Ironmongers and maybe some Coppers into Courtyards as well; you don't necessarily need to keep all 7 Coppers around since getting enough buys to utilize all of the $ is more of a problem than getting enough $ anyway.

Well, I think the only time I even consider going for the engine here is if ruined market is on top of the ruins pile. Else I might build a great engine, but choke from never getting +buy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:47 am »

You don't need +buy because there's Remodel. I wouldn't mess around with Coppersmith here. Definitely opening Loan/Remodel.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:10 am »

I've had two games where I ignored Coppersmith KC and lost in the same day. It was annoying.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.