Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?

Moar Durations!
Reserve cards!
Tokens/mats!
Events!
Whatever else Donald X comes up with!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?  (Read 51348 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
+5

Well, think of it this way. Would you prefer that some of the set's playtesters have a short-lived advantage online, or that the new cards are all so similar to existing ones that there is no such advantage?

I prefer that playtesters be slain after completing their tasks to preserve fairness.  Did I win?

Spleendid idea!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+1

Well, which one do you care more for?

Being known as someone who writes articles?
Being known as someone who is funny?
Being someone who is unhappy about the movement of inconsequential little numbers on a post?

Because its fairly hard to be all of them, two of them at once seems achievable though.

Hmm, Well the third one I definitely want. I can't not be that one.

The second one, I dunno. I'd prefer to be known as the video/streaming guy, and I'd like to think I'm sort of funny when I do that, but that's not really the intent.

Is that an OK answer?

Heh, well I am sure you are definitely the first and third.
And it's for you to decide what you want me, follow your dreams, reach for the stars, be all you can be,ask not what your FDsers can do for you, beware the idea of March (ooh topical), all for one and one for all.. Erm... Yes we can!

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there!

But seriously the amount if numbers next to your name isn't really what people respect you for, don't get so hung up on!

I've only written one article, so I'm definitely not the first.

And I think the numbers on the leaderboard carry more weight than the number of +1s I have, sure. I'm working on that one.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile

Well, which one do you care more for?

Being known as someone who writes articles?
Being known as someone who is funny?
Being someone who is unhappy about the movement of inconsequential little numbers on a post?

Because its fairly hard to be all of them, two of them at once seems achievable though.

Hmm, Well the third one I definitely want. I can't not be that one.

The second one, I dunno. I'd prefer to be known as the video/streaming guy, and I'd like to think I'm sort of funny when I do that, but that's not really the intent.

Is that an OK answer?

Heh, well I am sure you are definitely the first and third.
And it's for you to decide what you want me, follow your dreams, reach for the stars, be all you can be,ask not what your FDsers can do for you, beware the idea of March (ooh topical), all for one and one for all.. Erm... Yes we can!

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there!

But seriously the amount if numbers next to your name isn't really what people respect you for, don't get so hung up on!
Gotta love it when autocorrect mangles Shakespeare.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
+8

Personally, I'm very excited to know what "florst" means.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1398
    • View Profile
+4

Tis what happens when the overwhelming strain of lugging around all 3500 cards worth of expansions in your arms becomes too much... they suddenly head florst
My opponent has more loot than me

crlundy

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: crlundy
  • Respect: +324
    • View Profile
+4

I'm most interested in finding out about Events. Iirc, Events was a theme originally considered for Intrigue before deciding that was mainly a way to add variety and Dominion had plenty. So there must be something more to these Events to make them worth doing. Also, I feel like I might be able to imagine how Reserve cards might work (something like when you gain it, set it aside on your Reserves mats, then various triggers to when you play them?) because they're cards, but I have no idea how Events will even work. Something other than cards (and tokens that just count things) that does something? Now that sounds new and intriguing.

I also hope the previews start to "level the playing field" so there isn't so much tension between the playtesters and everybody else. I mean, some of you might have started playing Dominion years before each other and nobody's making a big deal out of that. The advantage of a couple month's head-start will blow over soon enough imo. I don't like scrolling through negative posts.

Oh and I'm also excited for card names. Will I learn more new words like Mountebank and Margrave? Will the Durations still have a sea-theme? Will we ever get a card named Dog & Pony Show??
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:37:30 pm by crlundy »

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile

Off topic : I already have the inn avatar, it would be cool if you take another one, otherwise I will change myself :P

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12863
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+1

Off topic : I already have the inn avatar, it would be cool if you take another one, otherwise I will change myself :P
I actually thought that the post was written by you for a while.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Dang, new guy on the block and I'm already confusing people. I mostly just read instead of posting, so I hadn't noticed this before. Inn's always had my favorite art but perhaps another thing to be excited about here is the possibility that Adventures will have my new favorite card art?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile

I should have made the same proposition to amalloy.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
+7

Dang, new guy on the block and I'm already confusing people. I mostly just read instead of posting, so I hadn't noticed this before. Inn's always had my favorite art but perhaps another thing to be excited about here is the possibility that Adventures will have my new favorite card art?

Yeah, this is getting pretty confusing.

market squire

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile

I'm most interested in finding out about Events. Iirc, Events was a theme originally considered for Intrigue before deciding that was mainly a way to add variety and Dominion had plenty. So there must be something more to these Events to make them worth doing. Also, I feel like I might be able to imagine how Reserve cards might work (something like when you gain it, set it aside on your Reserves mats, then various triggers to when you play them?) because they're cards, but I have no idea how Events will even work. Something other than cards (and tokens that just count things) that does something? Now that sounds new and intriguing.
You can find my guesses on cards and mechanics here.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
+1

I will find out what I'm most excited about when I see the cards. so I voted "Whatever else Donald X comes up with"

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile

Is there any way to secure the right to reproduce the picture for Inn? I would like to make a quick buck.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

love

• Baron
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile

I have mixed feelings about the new expansion.
Before I heard the announcement of Adventures I thought maybe Dominion will stay the way it is and can become a real classic that is able to compete with chess one day in terms of popularity. And I also think that the current set of Dominion cards offers lots of secrets (for instance about game technics) that still have to be discovered.
However, I am really looking forward to play with the new cards and to experience their relations to old cards.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile

I have mixed feelings about the new expansion.
Before I heard the announcement of Adventures I thought maybe Dominion will stay the way it is and can become a real classic that is able to compete with chess one day in terms of popularity. And I also think that the current set of Dominion cards offers lots of secrets (for instance about game technics) that still have to be discovered.
However, I am really looking forward to play with the new cards and to experience their relations to old cards.

I think Adventures will, if anything, make Dominion more of a classic.  Reserve cards in particular are something that, in retrospect, I'm surprised Donald hadn't thought to do before.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

You can find my guesses on cards and mechanics here.
Brb

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
+3

Also, this Inn thing is out of control. Should we settle this on Goko? Losers get Butcher, Baker, and Candlestick Maker for avatars? :P

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile

You're on. I'm in the Gardens...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
+3

I think all the losers should get Harem.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
+3

But then we'd have to look at the Harem art every time they posted.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Would that or Shanty Town be worse?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
+2

Would that or Shanty Town be worse?

Don't let ashersky hear you say that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile

I've always visualized Ashersky as the guy on the left of the Shanty Town picture. Same for Archetype and Count. I wonder if other people have a different head canon for avatars with more than one person.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I've always visualized Ashersky as the guy on the left of the Shanty Town picture. Same for Archetype and Count. I wonder if other people have a different head canon for avatars with more than one person.

You know what?  Just for that, I changed my avatar to another one of those.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.