Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?

Moar Durations!
Reserve cards!
Tokens/mats!
Events!
Whatever else Donald X comes up with!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?  (Read 51398 times)

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile

I haven't smelled many new Magic cards in a long time so I'm not sure, but new Dominion cards definitely smell like something I've smelled before them, and Magic cards are my best guess. So maybe there won't be much of a change after all?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
+2

Smells?  You people are weird.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
+1

Also, it is well-known that snark gives you loads of respect around these parts.

I dunno, man. Maybe it gives you loads of respect but the only way it seems I can get respect around here is by posting articles, or actually working hard to put some kind of video or something together. You people with your one-liners that make message of the week is just something I can't do.

Smartypants.  :P

Well, which one do you care more for?

Being known as someone who writes articles?
Being known as someone who is funny?
Being someone who is unhappy about the movement of inconsequential little numbers on a post?

Because its fairly hard to be all of them, two of them at once seems achievable though.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

I haven't smelled many new Magic cards in a long time so I'm not sure, but new Dominion cards definitely smell like something I've smelled before them, and Magic cards are my best guess. So maybe there won't be much of a change after all?

They are pretty close, although Dominion cards don't smell quite as good as Magic cards.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile

They are pretty close, although Dominion cards don't smell quite as good as Magic cards.

But you don't usually have as many new Magic cards in one place as Dominion cards, and I think the Dominion cards retain their smell for longer. (Unless that's just due to me not using mine enough.)

Quantity versus quality! Which might not even be an issue for Adventures, if this means we get both!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile

Quantity versus quality! Which might not even be an issue for Adventures, if this means we get both!

You will!
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
+1

You will!

Hey, that's a spoiler.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+3

But you don't usually have as many new Magic cards in one place as Dominion cards, and I think the Dominion cards retain their smell for longer. (Unless that's just due to me not using mine enough.)

You probably are using Mine enough, it's not a very good card after all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
+4

something something Mint joke
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
+2

I wasn't using your cards at all; they must really be bad then. Maybe you should get some better ones.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+2

Being someone who is unhappy about the movement of inconsequential little numbers on a post?

Because its fairly hard to be all of them, two of them at once seems achievable though.

Hmm, Well the third one I definitely want. I can't not be that one.

The second one, I dunno. I'd prefer to be known as the video/streaming guy, and I'd like to think I'm sort of funny when I do that, but that's not really the intent.

Is that an OK answer?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile

I'm surprised no one mentioned the "new card smell" for this. Does everyone play primarily online now?

In the last year, I've played Dominion in person exactly three times, none with my cards.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
+2

The second one, I dunno. I'd prefer to be known as the video/streaming guy, and I'd like to think I'm sort of funny when I do that, but that's not really the intent.

Is that an OK answer?

rhetorical question: noun
1. a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
+3

Historians of Dominion will look back on the levels of salt, irony, and post-irony in these threads and think we were a bunch of cavemen.

See you guys later, I'm going to go thumb through my Adventures proxies for an hour.

Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile

Historians of Dominion will look back on the levels of salt, irony, and post-irony in these threads and think we were a bunch of cavemen.

See you guys later, I'm going to go thumb through my Adventures proxies for an hour.

That is such a cool idea I'm going to do the same thing.  I haven't seen Rocky and Bullwinkle in quite a while.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
+1

Is that an OK answer?

Heh, well I am sure you are definitely the first and third.
And it's for you to decide what you want me, follow your dreams, reach for the stars, be all you can be,ask not what your FDsers can do for you, beware the idea of March (ooh topical), all for one and one for all.. Erm... Yes we can!

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there!

But seriously the amount if numbers next to your name isn't really what people respect you for, don't get so hung up on!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
+2

Is that an OK answer?

1. a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”.

Dangit I've only bloody gone and answered it!

Also, another day in June is surely as rare as one day?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile

Can you prove it?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
+4

Is that an OK answer?

A day in April. Or a day in September. Or a day in November.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Can you prove it?

Yes thanks

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile

I think it is time to start doing puns about a body part. We've done butts, hands and dicks... Any ideas?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
+2

I think it is time to start doing puns about a body part. We've done butts, hands and dicks... Any ideas?

Spleen

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
+1

That's a rhetorical question, right?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile

This thread right now:

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
+3

Well, think of it this way. Would you prefer that some of the set's playtesters have a short-lived advantage online, or that the new cards are all so similar to existing ones that there is no such advantage?

I prefer that playtesters be slain after completing their tasks to preserve fairness.  Did I win?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.