Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?

Moar Durations!
Reserve cards!
Tokens/mats!
Events!
Whatever else Donald X comes up with!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What are you MOST excited to find out about from the Adventures Previews?  (Read 51071 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile

Obviously the most important question here..... How is this going to affect Mafia.?

Pretty sure Ozle is offering to mod Dominion: Adventures Mafia!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile

Obviously the most important question here..... How is this going to affect Mafia.?

Pretty sure Ozle is offering to mod Dominion: Adventures Mafia!

Actually, quite a few of the card names would go well as Mafia titles.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile

Really? You aren't excited to see which cards will be previewed or to read the blurbs? I'm still pretty stoked.
Man. Do I have to find old jokes to put in these? I did not write hilarious previews. I got in, I previewed, I got out.

You don't need jokes, necessarily. I enjoyed the Hinterlands, Dark Ages, and Guilds previews. Just do whatever you usually do. The previews are interesting in the same way the secret histories are interesting.

I'm looking forward to what new types of beards we will see.

On my mockups, I count over 20 beards. I'm guessing the actual set will have fewer, but who knows.

Hey, I'm just a spectator, man.  I'm just worried about humidor-style complaints when the world #1 changes over an Adventures card.

Well, think of it this way. Would you prefer that some of the set's playtesters have a short-lived advantage online, or that the new cards are all so similar to existing ones that there is no such advantage?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile

Is there any evidence for the expansion being online any time close to the physical release?
I don't think the new version will be done by then, and I doubt they'll implement it into the old one.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

What I'm looking forward to most is people's reactions when they see how right/wrong their guesses have been.  And there have been some quite accurate guesses on here.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
+1

Is there any evidence for the expansion being online any time close to the physical release?
I don't think the new version will be done by then, and I doubt they'll implement it into the old one.
That's true, Adventures online will postdate the new version by at least a few weeks, which in turn will postdate Adventures irl by at least a few weeks. So people who play irl have some time period to get in games and discuss cards and so playtester advantage seems like it can be safely ignored.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
+3

I'm surprised no one mentioned the "new card smell" for this. Does everyone play primarily online now?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile

I'm surprised no one mentioned the "new card smell" for this. Does everyone play primarily online now?

Love new board game smell!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
+1

This expansion is printed by Hasbro, and I have heard that they do not smell as nice.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile

This expansion is printed by Hasbro, and I have heard that they do not smell as nice.

Who printed the others?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Who printed the others?

Some company in Europe. Most likely in Germany.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
+1

Who printed the others?
I think ASS Altenburger. Who I think will still be printing European copies.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
+2

Who printed the others?
I think ASS Altenburger. Who I think will still be printing European copies.

Definitely smells like ASS.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

The end of playtesters being smartypants.  :P

Man, my mind keeps coming back to this, I'm so bad a reading into +1s on the forums... is there actual resentment here or just snarky envy? Should I be apologizing for something?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
+3

Man, my mind keeps coming back to this, I'm so bad a reading into +1s on the forums... is there actual resentment here or just snarky envy? Should I be apologizing for something?

I've been thinking about it too, and I don't think there's a need for an actual apology.
It probably just went a little bit too far and started annoying people.
The best apologies for any behavior is to do it differently next time.
Join the Dominion League!

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
+17

I've been thinking about it too, and I don't think there's a need for an actual apology.
It probably just went a little bit too far and started annoying people.
The best apologies for any behavior is to do it differently next time.

Sorry Donald, you have to make another expansion so jsh can behave this time.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile

I upvoted that post and I know for my part that it's just snarky envy.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
+3

I used "smartypants" to convey that no actual ill feelings were had.

I mean sometimes it was a bit annoying, but man if I knew about all these cool new cards I would want to talk about them too, and there really aren't that many channels to do so.

Also, it is well-known that snark gives you loads of respect around these parts.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile

hmmm, i started this in this thread and I don't actually have any envy or annoyance......

But then Donald has already told me in private whats happening next with Dominion so technically I am a step ahead (without knowing this one)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+5

Also, it is well-known that snark gives you loads of respect around these parts.

I dunno, man. Maybe it gives you loads of respect but the only way it seems I can get respect around here is by posting articles, or actually working hard to put some kind of video or something together. You people with your one-liners that make message of the week is just something I can't do.

Smartypants.  :P
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Wait, seriously?  You're not actually joking?  Hasbro, the toy company without a soul, is printing the American edition of Dominion: Adventures?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
+3

Wait, seriously?  You're not actually joking?  Hasbro, the toy company without a soul, is printing the American edition of Dominion: Adventures?

Hasbro, who also own Wizards of the Coast, producers of Magic: the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. And I have head some very nice thing about the smell from opening a pack of Magic cards, FWIW (I am actually being entirely serious and not joking here, though I'm not entirely sure that the people who said those things were not themselves joking whilst doing so).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+1

Hasbro, who also own Wizards of the Coast, producers of Magic: the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. And I have head some very nice thing about the smell from opening a pack of Magic cards, FWIW (I am actually being entirely serious and not joking here, though I'm not entirely sure that the people who said those things were not themselves joking whilst doing so).

Yes, the smell of new Magic cards is absolutely amazing and I'm not joking.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
+5

I dunno, man. Maybe it gives you loads of respect but the only way it seems I can get respect around here is by posting articles, or actually working hard to put some kind of video or something together. You people with your one-liners that make message of the week is just something I can't do.

Just keep trying! I know it can be demoralizing at first to post beautifully constructed witty oneliners, and see them flop spectacularly. Don't let it stop you! Maybe try some simples jokes for a while, or wildly off-base ones that you don't feel that confortable with, change the board from time to time... Soon you'll see how you get a better grasp of what works and what doesn't. If you persevere, you could be on top of the leaderboard by the end of the year!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
+5

Have you considered going towards a more cat gif direction?  Or maybe something in the puppy or otter family?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.