Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M60: Kirby and the Amazing Mafia (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 133784 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
M60: Kirby and the Amazing Mafia (Mafia Wins!)
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:29:15 am »

Welcome to M60: Kirby Mafia

Mod: scott_pilgrim

This is a 13-player game that will use a semi-open set-up, described in the post below.

Players:

1. Hydrad, vanilla townie (killed N3)
2. ADK, mafia 1-shot Bulletproof
3. chairs/2.71828, vanilla townie
4. XerxesPraelor, mafia goon (lynched D3)
5. Seprix, town-aligned 1-way Lover (lynched D1)
6. Witherweaver, town-aligned Innocent Child (killed N2)
7. faust, vanilla townie (killed N5)
8. silverspawn, vanilla townie (killed N1)
9. Ichimaru Gin, vanilla townie (killed N4)
10. Robz888, mafia goon (lynched D5)
11. AndrewisFTTW, town-aligned Doctor (lynched D2)
12. Awaclus, vanilla townie (lynched D4)
13. mcmcsalot, vanilla townie (lynched D6)

Tags: Joseph2302, ashersky, Archetype

The rules of mafia are in effect with the following changes:

- Day deadlines will be 10 days.
- Night deadlines will be 48 hours.
- Prods of absent players will be issued upon request after 24 hours. A replacement will be located starting after 48 hours with no reply to a prod.

The set-up will be described in the next post.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:02:46 am by scott_pilgrim »

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M60: Kirby and the Amazing Mafia
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:29:53 am »

This is a semi-open set-up for 13 players.  The set-up is randomly generated by a process described below:

First, two columns are chosen at random from the table below and assigned to scum.  The remaining five columns are assigned to town.  Then, for each town column, an integer from 1 to 7 (inclusive) is rolled.  Town gets the role corresponding to the row number rolled for that column.

#MVDRBTC
11-shot LynchproofSK (super back-up)SK (2-shot Commuter)1-way Lover1-shot Lynchproof1-way LoverVT
2VTVTVTVTVTVTVT
3VTVTVTVTVTVTVT
4VT1-shot Vig1-shot Doc1-shot RoleblockerVT1-shot TrackerCowardly Cop*
5Innocent Child2-shot Vig2-shot Doc2-shot Roleblocker1-shot Bulletproof2-shot Tracker1-shot Cop
6Innocent ChildVigDocRoleblocker1-shot BulletproofTracker2-shot Cop
72 MasonsFriendly Vig**Double Doc***JailkeeperBombWatcherCop

After town roles have been assigned, the two columns that were chosen for scum are used in combination with the total row values rolled to decide mafia PR’s, according to the following table:

#MVDRBTC
13-GoonGoon1-way LoverGoonGoonGoon1-way Lover
14-16Goon1-shot StrongmanGoonGoonGoon1-shot TrackerGoon
17-181-shot Active Godfather or Ninja****2-shot StrongmanGoon1-shot Roleblocker1-shot Bulletproof1-shot WatcherGoon
19-202-shot Active Godfather or Ninja1-shot Paranoid Gun Owner1-shot Bus Driver2-shot Roleblocker1-shot Bulletproof2-shot Tracker1-shot Role Cop
21-221-shot Passive Godfather or NinjaStrongman2-shot Bus Driver3-shot Roleblocker1-shot Lynchproof2-shot Watcher2-shot Role Cop
23-242-shot Passive Godfather or Ninja2-shot Paranoid Gun Owner3-shot Bus DriverRoleblocker1-shot LynchproofTracker3-shot Role Cop
25+Godfather or NinjaParanoid Gun OwnerBus DriverRoleblocker1-shot DeathproofWatcherRole Cop

In addition to whatever two roles the mafia team gets from this table, they will also have one Goon.  There will always be three mafia players.  The mafia team will be informed of which columns they were assigned.

After all roles are assigned from these tables, the remaining players are assigned to be VT’s.

Usually, there will be 10 town players.  However, if V1 or D1 is rolled, there will be a Serial Killer, so there will be only 9 town players.  It is possible (though unlikely) for there to be two Serial Killers, in which case town will have only 8 players.

*The cowardly cop may target a player at night.  If that player is not town-aligned, the cowardly cop dies.  (If the cowardly cop targets a player who would investigate as town, he survives.)
**Each night, the friendly vig may target a player.  If that player is town-aligned and has a row number greater than or equal to 4, nothing happens.  Otherwise, the targeted player is shot.  If there are 2 masons, both count as 7's.
***The double doc may target up to two players each night.  Each targeted player is protected from night kills during that night.
****Any cells with a “Godfather or Ninja” role mean that the player will be assigned a Godfather role if there is a town C4, C5, C6, or C7 in the set-up, and a Ninja otherwise.  In other words, these roles default to Godfather, but will instead be Ninjas if there are no cops in the set-up.

Some clarifications on roles:
The SK super back-up inherits all powers of any player that dies, except for lovers, factional kills, IC’s, and masons.  The SK can use as many powers as he likes in one night.  Shots are restored when the power is inherited.  Note that it is not possible to have any vig role and the SK super back-up in the same game.
The SK 2-shot commuter cannot commute and shoot in the same night.
All 1-way Lovers have their lovee chosen randomly.  For mafia lovers, the lovee must be not mafia-aligned.
If a player is an “Active” Godfather or Ninja, he must post in his QT on each night he wishes to be a Godfather/Ninja.  If a player is a “Passive” Godfather or Ninja, his shots will automatically be used automatically every time he is investigated (if Godfather) or tracked/his target is watched (if Ninja).  In this case, he will not be told when his shots are used.  If activity/passivity of the Godfather/Ninja is not specified (M25+), it will be applied every night.
The 1-shot/2-shot PGO roles are active, meaning the player must specify each night if he would like to be a PGO for that night.  (The full PGO is activated every night by default, but the player may choose not to be a PGO on any given night.)
Passive roles (like bulletproof, back-up inheritance, passive or permanent Godfather, etc.) cannot be roleblocked, bus driven, etc.
Mafia players may kill and use PR’s on the same night.
If an x-shot PR uses a shot and is roleblocked, his shot is still consumed.

Example set-up:
D and C are randomly chosen to be the scum columns.  For each other column, a random number from 1 to 7 is rolled; this results in M3, V2, R6, B2, T6.  Looking these roles up in the town table, town will have 1 VT, 1 VT, 1 Roleblocker, 1 VT, and 1 Tracker.  The remaining town players will all be VT’s, so town will have a total of 8 VT’s, in addition to 1 Roleblocker and 1 Tracker.  Now the total of the row numbers rolled is 3+2+6+2+6=19, so scum will get the 19-20 row roles from the D and C columns.  D19-20 is 1-shot Bus Driver, and C19-20 is 1-shot Role Cop, so the mafia team will have one 1-shot Bus Driver, one 1-shot Role Cop, and 1 Goon.

By default, night actions will be resolved so that conflicts are minimized.  If a conflict occurs, they will be resolved with the following priority:
Commuting
Roleblocker/Jailkeeper (SK>mafia>town)
Bus Driver
Strongman
Everything else
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:35:35 am by scott_pilgrim »

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:30:27 am »

When you sign up, you may post your favorite power from any Kirby game.  If you’re the first to claim that power, you will get it as your flavor name (or fake claim if you are scum).  Town flavor names will be independent of role.  If you don’t post a power name pre-game, you will be assigned one randomly from a list.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 02:30:54 am »

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, feedback, etc. on the set-up (especially concerning balance), please let me know.

Also, anyone is welcome to co-mod.  Just let me know!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M60: Kirby and the Amazing Mafia (Signups Open)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 03:16:09 am »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:03:49 am »

Can't commit to another game right now, /tag.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:34 am »

/in, Suplex
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »

/tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 03:29:56 pm »

Also I don't think i'm even going to try and break or figure out fake claims in this setup. Looking at all the combos hurts.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 04:39:38 pm »

/in, Beam

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 04:50:29 pm »

pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 09:47:28 pm »

If V1 and D1 are both rolled, are there two SK's or one SK with both powers?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:30 pm »

Oh, missed the two SK part. Well I guess it's super unlikely.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »

How, exactly, are scum columns chosen?  It's not explained in the setup post.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »

How, exactly, are scum columns chosen?  It's not explained in the setup post.

They are chosen randomly (and guaranteed not to be the same).  Town gets whichever five columns scum doesn't get (so scum can (usually) safely fake claim town PR's from the same column).  I'll edit to make it clearer.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 05:38:32 am »

/tag

Won't sign up until either Flavorless or Dune II are finished.

One balance concern: I think Bodyguard/Doc is a broken combination. Both are safe from any nightkill if they target each other unless scum has a way to deal with them (Roleblock/Strongman etc.)

A question: Does scum always know which columns were chosen? E.g. even if they get Goon?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:47 am »

/in

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:38 am »

/tag

Won't sign up until either Flavorless or Dune II are finished.

One balance concern: I think Bodyguard/Doc is a broken combination. Both are safe from any nightkill if they target each other unless scum has a way to deal with them (Roleblock/Strongman etc.)

A question: Does scum always know which columns were chosen? E.g. even if they get Goon?

I am going to guess that doctoring happens "before" bodyguarding, i.e., if bodyguard and doctor target each other, a nightkill on the bodyguard will have no effect, but a nightkill on the doctor will kill the bodyguard.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 09:28:35 am »

/tag

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 11:38:44 am »

/in

I won't forget this time xD
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 04:01:01 pm »

Thanks for pointing this out, it's something I hadn't thought of.  I think pacovf's interpretation makes it work though.  The bodyguard replaces the doc as the target, and then when the doc tries to target someone, his target is no longer there.  That means that the bodyguard will have to replace his target for both killing and protecting roles, so I'll have to clarify that.

And Jailkeeper is okay with both doc and bodyguard because he'll roleblock both of them anyway, so that worked out nicely.

I remember I thought about this, but I don't remember what I decided.  I think it's better to tell them just to be safe.  I'll update the OP.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »

Thanks for pointing this out, it's something I hadn't thought of.  I think pacovf's interpretation makes it work though.  The bodyguard replaces the doc as the target, and then when the doc tries to target someone, his target is no longer there.  That means that the bodyguard will have to replace his target for both killing and protecting roles, so I'll have to clarify that.

Wait, this makes less sense the more I think about it.  If a NK targets the bodyguard the bodyguard still dies.  I could just make a special ruling for it.  Alternatively, I could just get rid of the BP Bodyguard and replace it with some other strong BP variant (2-shot BP?  That seems too strong though...1-shot BP lightningrod?  Probably too crazy).

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

Wait, this makes less sense the more I think about it.  If a NK targets the bodyguard the bodyguard still dies.  I could just make a special ruling for it.  Alternatively, I could just get rid of the BP Bodyguard and replace it with some other strong BP variant (2-shot BP?  That seems too strong though...1-shot BP lightningrod?  Probably too crazy).

You could do a Bomb: the player who kills them at night is killed as well.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

Hmm, I think I like this.  Yeah, I'll just replace BP Bodyguard with Bomb.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 04:58:32 pm »

Hmm, I think I like this.  Yeah, I'll just replace BP Bodyguard with Bomb.

BP Bomb is way more OP than the other options.

Remember, Bomb is like a vigilante with a guaranteed scum target (edge case: other vig).  The Bomb portion (that is, dying) is what balances out the true targeting capability.

BP Bomb means it's a vig that always hits scum but doesn't die.  Even at 1-shot, that's really, really powerful.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.