Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Challenge: Can you design a kingdom that typically wins in 7 or fewer turns?  (Read 4551 times)

Hertz_Doughnut

• Baron
  • Respect: +227
    • View Profile
+4

I invented this kindgom, and use it to consistently win in 7 turns.  (add shelters and colonies)

This kingdom is an improved version of my previous one that usually won in 7-8 turns.  Obviously, I'm pretty impressed with finding such a killer combo, and to my knowledge, nobody has written about how game-warpingly powerful Upgrade-Rats-Fortress is.  (Way more powerful than the Masq pin... which has been written about extensively.)

The challenge is... can anyone else equal or beat this?  Either by improving my kingdom or using an entirely different combo that reliably wins in 7 or fewer turns against solid opponents on playdominion.com?

It's a fun exercise to see what combos can be exploited the quickest and most-reliably.  If anyone's interested, let's designate one of the lesser-used multiplayer lobbies to exploring these kinds of kingdoms.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
+3

Log: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150103/log.50a43f07e4b0addfc4f4304a.1420319023082.txt

First try I got 3/4 (worst possible opening) and decided to restart. Second try I got the perfect opening, 5/2, (would have been happy with 4/3) and got a little more luck from there and did it in 6 turns. I misclicked near the end, gaining the last develop from catacombs instead of the last fortress, but luckily I had a scrying pool in hand to draw the develop so it was okay anyway.

Inn was useless; I bet it can be done in 5 with replacing inn and a bit more luck.
6 turns, as mentioned in previous thread. Develop is easier to use for 3-piling.

Hertz_Doughnut

• Baron
    • View Profile
+6

6 turns! (vs a level 33 opponent. I went 2nd with a 4-3 split.) 

Code: [Select]
Sage, Warehouse, Fortress, Moneylender, Procession, Rats, Baker, Band of Misfits, Governor, Border Village, Shelters, Colonies, Platinums
I think this kingdom can actually get a 5-turn win with good shuffle luck.  In this scrimmage against Lord Bottington (same kingdom, except for Spice Merchant in place of Sage) I started exploding on turn 5, but messed up my gains, so it won on turn 6 instead.

It took me awhile to figure out the process of how to optimize this combo.  Here's how it goes:
- Open with BoM and Sage (use Baker coin)
- Then use BoM as Moneylender to purchase Border Village + BoM (if $6) or BoM (if $5) or Procession (if $4)
- Once you have 2 BoMs (or Procession/BoM), you use one as Procession on the other (as Fortress) which gives you +2 cards, +4 action, and gain a Border Village+X

X is the hardest part... generally you want X to be BoM (keeps the combo going) but one of the first couple times you need to have X be a Governor.  (Make the Gov gain before a reshuffle.)  When you get to Gov, Procession it for +6 cards, +2 actions and it upgrades to Border Village+X... if you don't do this, you'll run out of steam.  Keep the Procession+BoM combo going until Border Villages get low.  One of your X's has to be a Fortress (again, right before a reshuffle) because once the Border Village pile is gone, you have to shift to BoM(Procession)+Fortress to pile out the remaining BoMs and pick up a few Governors.

At this point, you need to drain your deck and discard pile and then use BoM as a Rats... trashing your Fortress.  Do that again, and you now draw a Rats and gain a Rats.  Continue until all 20 Rats are gone.  3 empty piles.  Now use a Governor to Remodel a Border Village into a Province.  End turn, win.

It definitely doesn't always follow this script.  Sometimes on turn 6 or 7 you have to use a lone BoM as a Warehouse and hope to pick up 2 others.  Sometimes your deck is too thick when you run out the BoM pile and can't switch to Rats... then you have to try to use BoM(Procession)/Fortress to make the Governor pile empty.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile

Very nice, you managed to skip trashing almost altogether! I thought it would be too hard to insure your key cards collide without trashing and to draw through everything.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile

Have you tried that with catacombs?

Hertz_Doughnut

• Baron
    • View Profile
+5

Here's a 5-turn win.  Not the strongest opponent, but that might not matter?

Code: [Select]
Sage, Warehouse, Fortress, Moneylender, Procession, Rats, Baker, Band of Misfits, Governor, Border Village
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.