Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Play Dominion Online on Android!  (Read 8656 times)

GandalfTheCoder

• Pawn
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Play Dominion Online on Android!
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:01 pm »
+7

I just wanted to let you all know that I've built a small app that allows you to play Dominion Online on your android device!

The app does not copy or redistribute ANY Dominion Online resources; it simply places the website in a frame and resizes it to fit your device.

You can play with your Dominion Online account on the go! I've been playing with it for days and it works like a charm, though if you close the app it will require you to re-login since I'm not storing any of your login information.

Anyway, please let me know what you think! Feedback welcome.

Google does not allow apps that just put a 3rd party website into a webview, so I can't upload this to the Google Play store. I can, however, upload the apk for everyone to enjoy. Read here for how you can install a 3rd party apk: http://www.android.pk/blog/tutorials/how-to-enable-third-party-apps-installation-on-android-phones/

TO INSTALL:
1) Enable 3rd party apps on android (http://www.android.pk/blog/tutorials/how-to-enable-third-party-apps-installation-on-android-phones/)
2) Download the attached apk (or from here: http://adf.ly/143Tlj) to your device
3) Open the apk and install it

KNOWN ISSUES:
1) If you click the login with facebook/google/twitter links, they currently do not work, and they will break the app. You need to close the app and reload it to get it working again. Only email/password logins seem to work right now, but I'm looking into it!

;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:28:36 am by GandalfTheCoder »

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Play Dominion Online on Android!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »

I can't log in with Google, is that a bug with the site or the app?
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GandalfTheCoder

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:53:15 pm »

Ah, nice catch! I use just an email/password combination. The google account integration seems to work on the site but not in the app. Same for facebook/twitter. I'll look into it to see if I can figure out a way around it, but it might be getting blocked by Dominion Online.

For now, if you're signing up for a new account, I'd suggest using just an email/password. That works without any issues for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:55:43 pm by GandalfTheCoder »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:08 am »

I use google to sign in. I needed to in order to get walled village.

GandalfTheCoder

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:05:50 am »

Logging in with Google/Facebook/Twitter uses something called OAuth. When it attempts this authentication, the following message is being thrown:

Refused to display 'https://m.facebook.com/...' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'DENY'.

This means that Facebook does not allow their authentication to be called from an iFrame (this is what I've used to put the game on the device without copying any assets). Google and Twitter throw similar errors. The result is that facebook/twitter/google logins cannot be handled as they are being handled currently. I'm going to look into it some more and see if there are some simple workarounds I can put in to get this working, but for now it seems that it won't work with these logins.

I highly suggest using an email/password login on your device to get past these issues. Although it may mean making a new account, you can always have an account just for mobile play and another for desktop play. I'll update here if I make any progress.

GandalfTheCoder

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »
+3

UPDATE: I've found a workaround for the Facebook/Google/Twitter login stuff. I'm working on getting this into an app. I should be able to get it out in the next few days!

eebster

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »

Bumping this topic because I would love to play Dominion on my phone but the download link doesn't work. I've tried twice already, but the download failed both times at about 50%. Could you upload it to a more stable site like mediafire?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:47:23 pm »

Bumping this topic because I would love to play Dominion on my phone but the download link doesn't work. I've tried twice already, but the download failed both times at about 50%. Could you upload it to a more stable site like mediafire?

The new version of Dominion Online is expected to have mobile capability.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 10:50:51 pm »
+1

Is it going to move very fast? I like playing while sitting...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

eebster

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:48 am »

The new version of Dominion Online is expected to have mobile capability.

Yeah but we've been waiting for that for a long time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.