Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 190644 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:50:57 pm »

Welcome to the world of...
RMM23: Deus Ex Machina

Mod: Archetype

This game will not begin for a while.

Players:
1. 2.7
2. A Drowned Kernel Town-aligned Inventor. Lynched D2.
3. ashersky Mafia-aligned Blind Follower. Lynched D3.
4. XerxesPraelor Town-aligned Therapist. Killed N1.
5. Hydrad Mafia-aligned Detective. Lynched D1.
6. Awaclus
7. Faust
8. Joseph2302
9. Silverspawn
10. Witherweaver
11. chairs
12. Ichimaru Gin

Checkpoints:
D1 Lynch: [Hydrad - Detective]
N1 Kill: [XerxesPraelor - Therapist]
D2 Lynch: [ADK - Inventor]
N2 Kill: [No One]
D3 Lynch: [ashersky - Blind Follower]

Basic Mafia Ruleset (changes in navy)

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

Game Summary:

Mafia is a social deduction game.  There is an "informed minority" (the mafia) and an "uninformed majority" (the town).  The mafia know who each other are, and are trying to be the only people left alive.  The town doesn't know who anybody else is, and are trying to find and lynch all of the mafia.  The mafia, to make sure the town doesn't know who they are, must pretend to be town to win.  The mafia usually can kill at night, to help them in being the only ones left alive.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting. Posting to the out of context thread is ok.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines. I reserve the right to extend or shorten these deadlines depending on the gamestate/RL events.). In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  If your Night action is mandatory, it will be decided randomly.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage). Unless otherwise noted.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. A player who hasn't submitted an action by the Night deadline will default to "No Action".
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
7. Always play to your win con.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mods lock the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. We'll generally be playing with 10 Day day deadlines.
5. If a majority hasn't been reached by deadline, the day will end in a "No Lynch".
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous. If you prefer a slight variation on this syntax based on location, please contact me before the game begins.
7. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in quicktopics, besides the supplied dead player topic.. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, colored text is reserved for the Mods.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. This includes issues with other players and potential /outing.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. This includes Vote Counts.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. 
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request).  Requests to /out are final once submitted.  There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.
10. If a player wants to /out, they may be replaced by anyone on D1-D3.  After this, a player who /outs may not be replaced.  It is up to the mod's discretion whether to modkill the player or do something else under these circumstances.

Helpful Links:

Wiki Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

Forum Links:

--Vacation/Limited Access announcements

--Mafia Lingo/Dictionary

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:26:40 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:32 pm »

This is a unique (and hopefully fun!) Role Madness Mafia game for 12 players.

Alignments

4 Mafia
Win Condition: You win when the majority of players alive are Mafia-aligned or nothing can stop that from occurring.

8 Town
Win Condition: You win when all Mafia-aligned players have been eliminated.

- In normal games, all Mafia-aligned players would belong to a single "faction". However, in this game, they will be split up into two separate 2-person factions.
- The members of one faction will be unknown to the other. Each will flip as Mafia-aligned, be given their own factional QT, and have their own factional half-kill done by "Attacking" another player.
- Just like a normal night kill, each night, in addition to whatever other roles a Mafia member possesses, one member of each faction may target a player to “Attack”. When a player has been attacked once by each faction, they will die.
- Whoever completed the factional kill will be notified whether or not it successfully affected their target.
- Players will not be notified when they've been attacked and the attack status rolls over from night to night.
- Attacks from one faction can affect members of the other faction.
- When one Mafia faction has been eliminated, a player has to be attacked twice by any faction's "attack" to die.

Roles

- Every player will be given some sort of simple power role.
- These roles are generally independent of alignment and are modified versions of existing roles or unique roles entirely.
- When a player dies, their Role PM will be posted (with factional information removed).
If you have concerns with the setup or find something unclear, feel free to message me!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:37:44 am by Archetype »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Open for Signups!)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:40:29 pm »

/in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »

I think I can /in here.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »

Now that Dune 2 is rolling, I can /in here.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 08:09:37 pm »

This looks really cool.

/in

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 09:17:20 pm »

I don't think I have played in a multi-ball game since Toy Story, which was my first game here. 

And
- The members of one faction will be unknown to the other. Each will flip as Mafia-aligned, be given their own factional QT, and have their own factional half-kill done by "Attacking" another player.
- Just like a normal night kill, each night, in addition to whatever other roles a Mafia member possesses, one member of each faction may target a player to “Attack”. When a player has been attacked once by each faction, they will die.
- Players will not be notified when they've been attacked and the attack status rolls over from night to night.
- Attacks from one faction can affect members of the other faction, but a Mafia member is immune to their specific faction's attack.
- When one Mafia faction has been eliminated, someone dies by being attacked twice by one faction instead of once by each faction.

So faction A has a qt together and Faction B has a qt together.  Or is it Member 1 of Faction A has a qt with Member 1 of Faction B and then Member 2 of either faction cannot communicate with their partner?  And every single member of the mafia attacks, but it takes 2 attacks to kill a person?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:53 pm »

I don't think I have played in a multi-ball game since Toy Story, which was my first game here. 

And
- Attacks from one faction can affect members of the other faction, but a Mafia member is immune to their specific faction's attack.
- When one Mafia faction has been eliminated, someone dies by being attacked twice by one faction instead of once by each faction.

So faction A has a qt together and Faction B has a qt together.  Or is it Member 1 of Faction A has a qt with Member 1 of Faction B and then Member 2 of either faction cannot communicate with their partner?  And every single member of the mafia attacks, but it takes 2 attacks to kill a person?

I don't think it's actually multi-ball -- my understanding is that mafia is mafia, just split into two.

I mean, they can't kill each other unless they shoot themselves.  So I think mafia wins together, they just are split into two teams that can't talk to each other.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 09:47:12 pm »

Here's a possible problem...

redacted and sent as PM to Arch

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 10:08:56 pm »

And

I don't think it's actually multi-ball -- my understanding is that mafia is mafia, just split into two.

I mean, they can't kill each other unless they shoot themselves.  So I think mafia wins together, they just are split into two teams that can't talk to each other.
This is correct.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 01:25:12 am »

...Why does this need to know the capabilities of the forum?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 02:02:01 am »

...Why does this need to know the capabilities of the forum?
I'll tell you afterwards!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 03:14:19 am »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 05:07:22 am »

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 05:49:32 am »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 06:21:31 am »

/in. I've finally decided to sign up for an RMM game ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:09:48 am by Joseph2302 »
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 07:01:05 am »

yeah, /in

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 08:56:58 am »

/in. I've finally decided to sign up for an RMM game ;)

they are fun. I think i'm starting to enjoy them more then regular as you have no idea what can happen sometimes.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (3 spots remaining!)
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 02:45:10 pm »

\in

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (3 spots remaining!)
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 02:46:26 pm »

But I expect that if I'm about to get lynched or something, some special force will come and save me.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (2 spots remaining!)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:13 pm »

/in

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (1 spot remaining!)
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 09:25:59 am »

Assuming we get that last spot filled, we'll have this start after Blarnia ends/is ending.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 11:57:17 am »

Must...  Resist...  Temptation...  To sign up right before tech week...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

Hmm.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 92  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.