Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sloggiest board I ever saw  (Read 2259 times)

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
Sloggiest board I ever saw
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:23:41 am »

Played in Androminion, so no log, but the kingdom was: (Provinces, Estates) Vineyard, Lookout, Philosopher's Stone, Swindler, Sea Hag, Silk Road, Cartographer, Hunting Party, Fairgrounds, Farmland.

After opening Sea Hag / Lookout (for cycling) I grab a Potion, planning for Philosopher's Stone to be my only real way of hitting $6 later on. Then I assemble my 15 uniques, and just buy whatever green I can afford every turn until the end of the game (only one Province though, of course). My one Vineyard was worth a comical total of one point; I kinda expected more, since usually getting 6-point Fairgrounds involves buying at least 8 actions, but not today.

The deck did a great job at what it was supposed to do (buy many mid-range green cards), but it felt terribly low-powered compared to the usual engine or even big money: every time I played Cartographer it was like "Uh, this deck is garbage, discard all four of those please."

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
Re: Sloggiest board I ever saw
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:34 am »
+1

This might be stupid in the presence of Sea Hag, but how does Hunting Party/Swindler work here? It's generally strong with terminal silvers, and Swindler is a great card.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:35:56 pm »
+2

I think the players will make the game they want here. They could let the deck grow and use cartographers with philosopher's stones to buy provinces. They could trash down with lookouts and build a regular hunting party deck. They could use farmland to trash curses for estates and then focus on silk roads. I don't actually see 6 point fairgrounds as a priority and I don't see it as the worst slog ever.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:54:10 pm »

I think the players will make the game they want here. They could let the deck grow and use cartographers with philosopher's stones to buy provinces. They could trash down with lookouts and build a regular hunting party deck. They could use farmland to trash curses for estates and then focus on silk roads. I don't actually see 6 point fairgrounds as a priority and I don't see it as the worst slog ever.

I think with both Fairgrounds and Silk Road, there is too much slog-oriented alt VP to just go for Hunting Party BM, especially with Hag putting Curses into your deck.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:43:57 am »

Played in Androminion, so no log

Can't you log your games in Androminion? I certainly can. It's not neceaarily the typical format (i don't know anything about that), but i know it's possible.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:05:27 pm »

Played in Androminion, so no log

Can't you log your games in Androminion? I certainly can. It's not neceaarily the typical format (i don't know anything about that), but i know it's possible.

I guess you can. I left that option turned off because I don't need most games logged. I just want the ability to say like, "Please put the log for the game I just played into my paste buffer". Saving them all forever seems overkill.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.