Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Forum downtime  (Read 79363 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Forum downtime
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:53 am »
+1

We have enough quote spam with Awaclus's victory lap regarding longest necro.

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2016, 10:12:38 am »

I love how still noone has noticed I left out some quotes when I posted my version :P

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2016, 12:29:33 pm »
+3

The forum. It was down. I would happily help pay for the forum to not be down on the weekends. Start a Patreon, Theory!

I'm sure this is the last thing theory wants. It's a forum he runs in his free time, and paying him will only create an obligation for him to immediately drop everything and fix the forum, which is unfair to expect from someone who is doing this in their free time.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2016, 02:44:21 pm »

The forum. It was down. I would happily help pay for the forum to not be down on the weekends. Start a Patreon, Theory!

I'm sure this is the last thing theory wants. It's a forum he runs in his free time, and paying him will only create an obligation for him to immediately drop everything and fix the forum, which is unfair to expect from someone who is doing this in their free time.

Fundraising for infrastructure improvements, if those are needed to keep the forum stable, are one thing. Like if the problem is that the web server is 100 years old and keeps going down, hey we could all chip in for a new one! I don't know enough about why the forum keeps going down to speculate one way or another here.

I agree that fundraising to give Theory money to work on the forum more would not produce the desired outcome and would just generate ill will.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2016, 03:28:49 pm »
+1

Fundraising for infrastructure improvements, if those are needed to keep the forum stable, are one thing. Like if the problem is that the web server is 100 years old and keeps going down, hey we could all chip in for a new one! I don't know enough about why the forum keeps going down to speculate one way or another here.

I agree that fundraising to give Theory money to work on the forum more would not produce the desired outcome and would just generate ill will.

Not to pay Theory. I want a better server, if that is the problem.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2016, 03:57:40 pm »
+1

Not to pay Theory. I want a better server, if that is the problem.
Yeah I'm with this one.
theory would know better than anyone what the issues are.  But if theory does think that the issues would be fixed by a new server or something then I'd be happy to contribute. 

Let's see whether theory actually thinks this is a good idea before we starting raising the dough, eh?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2016, 05:56:19 pm »
+5

Like if the problem is that the web server is 100 years old and keeps going down

That's not a problem.  If that computer is 100 years old, it should be worth a small fortune to people studying time travel or alien tech.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »

Like if the problem is that the web server is 100 years old and keeps going down

That's not a problem.  If that computer is 100 years old, it should be worth a small fortune to people studying time travel or alien tech.

Not necessarily; it could have spent some time in a time loop (a la Primer) and exited without retaining any of the technology that went into making the loop.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2016, 08:50:59 am »
+15

I really do think it's solved now!  I've said it a bunch of times and it's never come true, but surely this time will be different.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2016, 09:19:36 am »
+1

I really do think it's solved now!  I've said it a bunch of times and it's never come true, but surely this time will be different.

Man that sounds like my last big project at work. Mine was eventually actually fixed too. I have faith in you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2016, 09:27:09 am »
+1

Again, thanks for still taking care of the forum, theory. It's really appreciated :)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2016, 09:30:32 am »
+2

Again, thanks for still taking care of the forum, theory. It's really appreciated :)

Yes indeed!  So does this mean you might look into updating the post count names finally?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:05 am »
+5

Yes indeed!  So does this mean you might look into updating the post count names finally?

Spoiler: Theory has actually been trying to change the post count names for years, but every single time he does, the forum crashes until it goes back to the old way. "You can pry the Adventurer title from my cold dead hands!" the server echoes, overheating to the point of melting all backups of the forum's contents.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2016, 02:01:24 pm »
+5

Mine was eventually actually fixed too.

Yeah, turns out Throne Room and Moneylender weren't the only cards that needed to say "you may".

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2016, 02:36:01 pm »
+3

Amongst the many awkward things that this new edition introduces, it means that these post count titles make little sense now.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »
+1

Amongst the many awkward things that this new edition introduces, it means that these post count titles make little sense now.

Maybe we could do some polls in the general forum as to which titles people want to see?  If you don't feel like picking new ones yourself, that is.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2016, 02:55:30 pm »
+2

Maybe we could do some polls in the general forum as to which titles people want to see?  If you don't feel like picking new ones yourself, that is.

I like this idea.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2016, 06:48:32 pm »

Obviously I would be Overlord, although Theory might want that for himself.  ;D

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:14 pm »

So does this mean you might look into updating the post count names finally?
How do you think I feel?  I might need a new username now.
LibraryRanger?
LibraryExplorer?
They just don't have the same ring to them...

EDIT: There is still the expansion title. I could be LibraryAdventures, but that makes me not a person (then again, there is someone else here known as "chairs").
EDIT2: LibraryVenture? eh, not too bad...
EDIT3: I thought I'd go with LibraryVenture, but it seems you can't change your username. I'm going to be stuck being a dead card. It's like half of my forum identity no longer exists.    :-[ :'( :'( :'(
EDIT4: ...I could make a new account but then I couldn't modify the OP in my Resurgence thread...   :'(
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:59:29 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2016, 09:43:07 pm »

At least the other half of your forum identity has a sweet new wording!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:15 pm »

It does? <checks...>
...Well, it has new wording. I don't see how it's much better than the old wording. I'm indifferent.

(
Draw until you have 7 cards in hand, skipping any action cards you choose to; set those aside, discarding them afterwards.
)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:57:33 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2016, 11:51:38 pm »
+4

It does? <checks...>
...Well, it has new wording. I don't see how it's much better than the old wording. I'm indifferent.

(
Draw until you have 7 cards in hand, skipping any action cards you choose to; set those aside, discarding them afterwards.
)

I like that it no longer has retroactive instructions.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.