Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Forum downtime  (Read 79348 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Forum downtime
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2016, 08:51:02 am »
+5

Sorry duderinos.  I forgot the database password and rrenaud wasn't around to remind me what it was.  Who is at fault?  The forgetter, or the absent reminder?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2016, 09:04:10 am »
+3

Sorry duderinos.  I forgot the database password and rrenaud wasn't around to remind me what it was.  Who is at fault?  The forgetter, or the absent reminder?
You
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2016, 10:01:01 am »
+1

faults only count in horseshoes and hand grenades
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +428
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2016, 11:48:45 am »
+4

Also tennis and electrical wiring.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
+2

Also tennis and electrical wiring.

And seismology.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2016, 02:05:06 pm »
+1

MARK IT ZERO!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2016, 10:15:22 am »
+1

The forum. It was down. I would happily help pay for the forum to not be down on the weekends. Start a Patreon, Theory!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2016, 10:20:24 am »

The forum. It was down. I would happily help pay for the forum to not be down on the weekends. Start a Patreon, Theory!
I'm sure theory would happily take your money! Shoot him a PM and he'll tell you his PayPal
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2016, 05:04:12 pm »
+1

Certainly you for not using a password manager :P
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

NolanA

• Salvager
  • Respect: +53
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 08:39:39 pm »
+3

I'm glad to see the forum up again.  I am curious as the reason for the downtime events, as there have been a few during the short time I have been a member.  I see that the static HTML portion of the website is up during these events. It's only the dynamic PHP pages that have issues.   When I've had such issues on web sites I've run, it related to one of 3 things -- a never ending script/program, a short burst of traffic from publicity such as a radio show mention, or bots.  I once had tens of thousands of bots trying to sign up on a forum in a period of less than a minute.  I had to IP block a good portion of China until I figured out how to prevent it.    Feel free to not answer, if you'd prefer.  I appreciate the forum and do not mean to be offensive.   Instead I am curious and also hoping some one here might have ideas for preventing future issues.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:28 pm »

I'm glad to see the forum up again.  I am curious as the reason for the downtime events, as there have been a few during the short time I have been a member.  I see that the static HTML portion of the website is up during these events. It's only the dynamic PHP pages that have issues.   When I've had such issues on web sites I've run, it related to one of 3 things -- a never ending script/program, a short burst of traffic from publicity such as a radio show mention, or bots.  I once had tens of thousands of bots trying to sign up on a forum in a period of less than a minute.  I had to IP block a good portion of China until I figured out how to prevent it.    Feel free to not answer, if you'd prefer.  I appreciate the forum and do not mean to be offensive.   Instead I am curious and also hoping some one here might have ideas for preventing future issues.

It's only been more recently.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2016, 09:21:04 pm »

F.ds is always down these days. I wonder if it is a secret message by Theory. Like morse code. He's probably telling me to get a life.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2016, 08:17:19 pm »
+2

I remember there was one motivational-style meme that kept getting reposted and recaptioned, like one original picture with a caption, then the whole thing (with the caption) got an additional border and caption under it, then all of that got another border and caption around that, and on and on and on until finally someone did one where it was two stick figures looking down into this abyss of captioned captions, and one of the stick figures pushes the other one in.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2016, 10:45:38 pm »
+6

I remember there was one motivational-style meme that kept getting reposted and recaptioned, like one original picture with a caption, then the whole thing (with the caption) got an additional border and caption under it, then all of that got another border and caption around that, and on and on and on until finally someone did one where it was two stick figures looking down into this abyss of captioned captions, and one of the stick figures pushes the other one in.
You could have gotten a whole lot of respect if you actually did it instead of telling us about it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2016, 10:42:13 am »

You could have gotten a whole lot of respect if you actually did it instead of telling us about it.

Couldn't find the picture.  :'(
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2016, 09:41:06 am »

Theory accidentally flipped the f.ds switch when he was turning off all the lights.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.