Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion: Inquisition  (Read 2011 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Dominion: Inquisition
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

The theme here is Curses and dealing with Curses.

Prayer
$2 Action

+1 Action
+2 Buys

You may trash a Curse from your hand.  If you do, +$4.

(It rewards you for trashing Curses, and gives you the extra Buys to pick them up in the first place)

Damned Village
$2 Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Gain a Curse.

(It's a cheaper Village, but at a cost.  Would this be better with the Curse-gain as a when-gain?)

Penance
$3 Action

+1 Card
+1 Buy

You may reveal a Curse from your hand.  If you do, +2 Cards.

(You are rewarded for admitting your faults.  And there's a +Buy to help get those faults in the first place.  Maybe have a when-gain Curse-gain with this one?  2 Curses, a la Death Cart?) 

Inquisitor
$4 Action

+$1
You may trash a card from your hand.

Each other player reveals their hand.  If they have any Curses in hand, they may not buy any Victory cards on their next turn.  Otherwise, they gain a Curse.
--------------------
Setup: Each player starts with three Curses in their deck instead of three Estates or Shelters.

(Bear in mind I've done zero playtesting with any of these - this might be more balanced at $5, and this might work with a penalty of "may not buy any card costing $6 or more on their next turn" [this would work well with Indulgence, below].  The flavor is that the Inquisition is looking for your sins, even while they have sins of their own, and give you more sins for good measure if they can't find any.  It also provides a way to get rid of your "sins" in the meantime.)

Heretic
$5 Action

+1 Card
+1 Action

You may gain a Curse, putting it in your hand.  For the rest of your turn, Curses have the additional type Treasure.  When you play a Curse, +$1.

(To the Heretic, it's not sinning at all!  This starts off as Peddler, and gets better as you get more Curses.  Multiple Heretics stack this effect.)

Indulgence
$5 Victory

Worth 1 VP per Curse in your deck.

(This seems like such an obvious thing, it's probably been done before, and is probably really weak or ridiculous, but I feel it's the best space for a Victory card in this set.  With one, Curses no longer take away points, and each one after that, Curses become worth more.  But you have to get the Curses in the first place...)

This is all I have at the moment!  I'll add more soon.  I'm also considering making the Inquisitor setup (Curses instead of Estates) be the case if any cards from this set are used, though that would make Indulgence almost better than Duchy (almost).
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Inquisition
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »
+2

These cards combo really well with each other, and many are almost useless on their own. For example, I would never, ever buy a Damned Village at any cost unless Indulgences, Prayers, etc. were available. Maybe not even then.

I think making a card that keys off of Curses might be interesting, if you can get it to work. Trying to make a whole set of such cards seems bad. If I had to pick one of these cards to try to make work, probably it would be Heretic.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:38 pm »

These cards combo really well with each other, and many are almost useless on their own. For example, I would never, ever buy a Damned Village at any cost unless Indulgences, Prayers, etc. were available. Maybe not even then.

I think making a card that keys off of Curses might be interesting, if you can get it to work. Trying to make a whole set of such cards seems bad. If I had to pick one of these cards to try to make work, probably it would be Heretic.

That's why I was thinking maybe make the setup have 3 Curses in your deck when any of these cards are out.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:40:40 pm »
+1

Penance
$3 Action

+1 Card
+1 Buy

You may reveal a Curse from your hand.  If you do, +2 Cards.

Seems really weak. Maybe it should be a Lab if it hits, rather than a Smithy?

Setup: Each player starts with three Curses in their deck instead of three Estates or Shelters.

Possible problem: you might not have enough Curses to do this, in a 4-player game.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:37:54 am »

Huh?  There's 30 curses in a 4 player game, and 3*4 is 12, 12<30 right?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 12:51:34 am »
+1

Huh?  There's 30 curses in a 4 player game, and 3*4 is 12, 12<30 right?

I think the concern is that that leaves only 18 in the supply.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.