Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: interesting money game  (Read 1503 times)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
interesting money game
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20150127/log.5075b25251c30da02a09b898.1422381884533.txt

Code: [Select]
Native Village, Masquerade, Warehouse, Philosopher's Stone, Militia, Nomad Camp, Silk Road, Thief, Vault, Peddler, No Shelters, No Colonies
My opponent opens copper/vault, and I open masque/militia.  (Copper?  Copper???)

Other than the copper, I think my opponent played pretty well, although he probably wanted to get a militia on T6.  I just wanted to highlight the game because the open is non-obvious, and it was a fast, money-focused game with interesting tactical decisions.  I think masque militia is correct against a vault open, but anway, i like the kingdom.  A lot of anti-synergy.

T8, I get a gold rather than province.  It's right before a shuffle, but I tend to think that this "right before a shuffle" business is a trick we play on ourselves.  It matters, but I think it's very easy to overestimate how much it matters.  However, I'd bought 2 golds, two silvers, plus masque, Militia, and Vault at that point, and I felt i needed the treasure.  I suppose I would've had the opportunity to get more later.  Your thoughts?

The end had me getting the penultimate province, which meant he'd lose on turns if he got the last province.  He'd passed me an estate in the early end-game (T12) - he could've passed silver and still had an assured province.  Looks like he had some super clumpy money there.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: interesting money game
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »

The militia is the strong card in this kingdom. It works well against most of the other cards and stamps out the more exotic strategies. Masquerade also matches up badly against vault so this is a kingdom where you can skip masquerade.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 02:58:02 pm »
+1

Copper opening is so that a turn 4 Vault play doesn't cause a reshuffle that misses Vault and his turn 4 buy.

That's my guess anyways. (Not saying that makes it correct, but that's my guess.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:59:13 pm by Drab Emordnilap »

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »

Masquerade also matches up badly against vault so this is a kingdom where you can skip masquerade.
I'm not sure what you mean.  Like, if your opponent plays vault, you won't be able to get the full use of the bonus sifting? My thought was that the thinning would help you find your vault(s) and match them up with silvers and golds, which would be good against militia.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.