Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Board Viewer?  (Read 1052 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Dominion Board Viewer?
« on: January 27, 2015, 12:42:20 am »
+2

Does something like a Dominion app where you can analyze a game and rewind and forward turns using something like Goko Salvager links exist? I don't think it does, and I think it should be a thing.

You could be asking: Why on earth would you need something like this? There are two good reasons why.

1. Visual Learning and Processing

I like reading, and I like Dominion logs, but I hate reading Dominion logs. It's like reading Chess notation. Pawn to B6. That's a bit hard to envision sometimes with no concentration. You know what I mean? You just sometimes take out your chess board, and analyze the game yourself using the notation as a tool to guide the pieces around and deciding whether certain moves were good or not.

That's pretty significant to me, and perhaps others as well.

2. Commentary and Social Functions

You don't have to read boring logs out loud when you wish to recall a game. Instead, you can visually see every single game and move played, as if it were live. This is nice for YouTube and demonstrations.

Considering some games of Dominion are more luck based than others, perhaps this isn't the best idea ever. But I think something like this would be okay.

So what do you all think? Would it be cool if Making Fun had something like this implemented? No? Yes? I'm thinking about mailing them about this idea, but I'd like to run it by you all first.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:44:34 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.