Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fun Board... WITH BLACK MARKET!?  (Read 2176 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Fun Board... WITH BLACK MARKET!?
« on: January 27, 2015, 12:00:46 am »

Code: [Select]
Native Village, Stonemason, Black Market, Philosopher's Stone, Baron, Cache, Laboratory, Altar, Harem, Prince
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150126/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1422334517284.txt

I think this is a pretty straight forward board here. Get all the Labs, you win. Overpay with Stonemason if necessary. Use Altar. Whatever it takes. In the end, I went with Black Market for lack of cards, which I believe makes this an *actual* fun Black Market board. Sure, Baron, Cache, Prince, and Phil Stone are completely useless, but hey. (I could have Princed a Native Village I guess, but I don't want to spend 8 on a freaking village when I draw most of my deck every turn)

I may have gotten a little overboard with all the money, but really, what even was there to buy? Should I have bought nothing? I'm not sure. My plan was to Stonemason Gold and Harems (and eventually the Altar) into Duchies for the eventual 3-pile if needed anyways. Stonemason is certainly a power card here. Black Market (I can't believe I'm saying this) helps immensely though, because man, there's just NOTHING out there.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:02:22 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Board... WITH BLACK MARKET!?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:39:50 am »

Black Market's great.  What's the problem with Black Market?

You probably want something to go with your opening Silver.  Black Market would be great, and Baron might be OK too.

EDIT: Baron would not be OK.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:49:05 am by qmech »

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 03:47:13 am »
+1

Black Market's great.  What's the problem with Black Market?

You probably want something to go with your opening Silver.  Black Market would be great, and Baron might be OK too.

It's a Shelters game, so Baron will be pretty bad as an opening.

The game: I think your opponent would have been much better off had he gotten either Masquerade out of his first BM play or Rats out of the second one.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:39 am »

The game: I think your opponent would have been much better off had he gotten either Masquerade out of his first BM play or Rats out of the second one.

Rats is not quite so clear, as you're choosing between that and Altar, and the gaining is very useful.  But you do probably want the Masquerade.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 03:54:52 am »

Rats is not quite so clear, as you're choosing between that and Altar, and the gaining is very useful.  But you do probably want the Masquerade.

Well, he was already overterminaled at that point, which is why I'd prefer Rats/NV over Altar.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 04:54:47 am »
+2

Stonemasoning Labs defeats the purpose unless you actually need the Stonemason. The Lab makes you draw one extra card, and the Stonemason is one extra card in your deck that you need to draw.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

Stonemasoning Labs defeats the purpose unless you actually need the Stonemason. The Lab makes you draw one extra card, and the Stonemason is one extra card in your deck that you need to draw.

interesting! you are also depriving your opponent of an extra lab; could that make a difference?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

Any Lab I get is a Lab my opponent does not get. I wanted all the draw, so he has to spend more time improving his deck.

Also, Stonemason is big on this board, as I have stated before. It's trash for 2 is very nice for piles.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:52:54 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 11:11:27 am »

But, black market is good, like Isotropic. #isowasbetter #gokoisworse

Despite all limitations on interface and slight annoyances with how it works, Goko is actually way better than Isotropic. Sorry bro. Can Goko improve? Oh heck yes. But it's strictly better :p
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.