Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unfair!!!  (Read 3471 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Unfair!!!
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:14 pm »

Today I was playing pro games to maintain my rating/level. Well, I failed in that, but something far worse happened. After three games of total "how the eff did I lose"ery, I finally won one. My opponent decided to disconnect in the middle of my winning turn, completely freezing my window. The game didn't register on Goko Salvager and I have a feeling it never will. I was forced to refresh the page, causing Goko to tell me my rating had gone DOWN, despite the fact that my opponent disconnected before I did AND I would have won as soon as my turn was over.

As soon as I get back to level 18, I'm only playing unrated for a long time.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:34 pm »
+4

Today I was playing pro games to maintain my rating/level. Well, I failed in that, but something far worse happened. After three games of total "how the eff did I lose"ery, I finally won one. My opponent decided to disconnect in the middle of my winning turn, completely freezing my window. The game didn't register on Goko Salvager and I have a feeling it never will. I was forced to refresh the page, causing Goko to tell me my rating had gone DOWN, despite the fact that my opponent disconnected before I did AND I would have won as soon as my turn was over.

Ohi dere.

It's a game. Rating doesn't matter. It'll fix itself.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:12:31 pm »
+4

Agreed w/Seprix, but when an opponent quits on you, I suggest leaving the window open and just going to a new tab.  What usually happens is the quitter times out and you'll end up getting points after 4 minutes or so.  I don't know how Dominion Online decides on the winner when both players quit, so I just leave the tab open.  So far it hasn't failed me.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »

I can't see how you can go on.  Might as well end it all now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:25 pm »

What's the point of being level 18 if you're not playing pro games against people with rating requirements?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »
+2

Ohi dere.

It's a game. Rating doesn't matter. It'll fix itself.

Yes we know it doesn't really matter, but that's still annoying and it won't fix itself, but hopefully the new version will have better support for disconnections.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 12:14:41 pm »
+3

I don't see how you think your opponent is at fault for your game freezing.
I'm pretty sure that's Goko's fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »
+3

Agreed w/Seprix, but when an opponent quits on you, I suggest leaving the window open and just going to a new tab.  What usually happens is the quitter times out and you'll end up getting points after 4 minutes or so.  I don't know how Dominion Online decides on the winner when both players quit, so I just leave the tab open.  So far it hasn't failed me.

Whenever I have to wait for my opponent time-out loss.

STALL WARS
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:00 pm »
+1

Actually if you do that, then your rating will go down, because if you don't play rated games, then the uncertainty in your Iso level will increase.

EDGE CASE!!
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »

I normally do wait for a time-out loss, but the Salvager chat window had already told me that my opponent quit. So I thought there was no harm in refreshing since the game had, you know, already ended.... guh
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:57 pm »

Actually if you do that, then your rating will go down

This.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »
+3

Isotropish ratings don't decay, as unlike Goko's (and Dougz's) implementation of True Skill, it has no daily increase in uncertainty. You will, however, disappear from the partial leaderboard if you don't play any games for 30 days.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.