Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 42020 times)

CalignoBot

• View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #400 on: March 02, 2015, 12:44:22 am »

I'm going to read up with the flip in mind tomorrow; bit late for me today and I only work a half-shift in the morning.
oh

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2015, 09:46:27 pm »

I reread everything and everything points this direction.

If it was Awaclus, then you two deserve applause for that ballsy gambit.

Vote: Jimmmmm
oh

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2015, 09:48:34 pm »

And a preemptive apology for running out of steam early into D1 and being a nonentity ever since. I thought it would be easier to stay invested into a slow game than the really fast ones I'm accustomed to.
oh

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »

GG scum. Sorry Town, looks like I didn't end up having more time for this game after all - I guess that should have been expected given I've been moving house etc.

Note to self: No more Mafia until I actually, legitimately have time to play.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:30 pm »

At first, Loo might have felt hope after Asthma's disappearance, but with every step she took towards the palace, she knew more and more that there was no good end in sight. It was not predetermination; things could have played out differently, just not anymore. And, gradually, she became aware of the true nature of their game, and the sobering truth behind it all.

From the start, neither she nor anyone else had had any control over their destiny. Asthma hadn't known this, and neither had Sue, but their lives had always been measured by how the game played out. All they could do was to change the way it happened.

Well, if the end was inevitable, then there was no point continuing her journey. The witch might win this game, but she wouldn't get hold of her.

With shivering hands, Loo broke a branch off a nearby tree. How strange it was that after countless futile attempts, this would be the one to bring her the end, born not out of desire but hopelessness.

And then, in her last moments, everything changed. She could see through the puppeteer's mind, and she knew that she would come back. Maybe it would take a while... but she wouldn't be gone entirely.

Some day...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2015, 01:45:31 pm »

Final Vote Count

Awaclus (1): Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (2): Awaclus, CalignoBot

With 3 alive it took 2 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:51 pm »

Jimmmmm has been lynched. He was Loo, a Vanilla Townie.

The Mafia team of Awaclus and Hydrad wins!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2015, 02:01:08 pm »

The Setup

Town: IC, Protector, 5*VT
Protector can protect a player during the day (as claimed by Teproc). The player last targeted is also doctored and protected from the factional kill during the night (it was always on CalignoBot). Can self-target, but loses his power at the start of the following day if he does. Can doublevote once in the game.

Mafia: Goon, Goon
Combined Gladiator as a factional Power, mafia can choose who inherits the power every night)

CalignoBot

• View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Ended)
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2015, 02:07:04 pm »

Interesting setup. I'm a bit wary of all of town's direct power being on one slot, but it wasn't a heavily imbalanced setup by any means.

oh

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »

Yeah, both side have actually mentioned their lack of power during the game. In the end the setup just doesn't have a lot of roles, it was supposed to be really simple, not unlike the Matrix Setup we used in fish mafia, which can end up with just one JK or Cop as the only Power Role.

So... I was a little bit disappointed by the low activity in this game (it's probably lower than in any game I played so far). It's no big deal though, just as long as it's not because I did something wrong with the modding.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins)
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »

Teproc totally had me fooled. It's a good thing his reads were eventually too good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »

Yeah, both side have actually mentioned their lack of power during the game. In the end the setup just doesn't have a lot of roles, it was supposed to be really simple, not unlike the Matrix Setup we used in fish mafia, which can end up with just one JK or Cop as the only Power Role.

So... I was a little bit disappointed by the low activity in this game (it's probably lower than in any game I played so far). It's no big deal though, just as long as it's not because I did something wrong with the modding.

I don't think it was anything to do with your modding.

I know me personally I was much more ok with stalling since I was scum so I didn't really fight it to hard.

This was really cool setup and I can't believe we somehow dodged hitting the IC everytime.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

Yeah, it had nothing to do with you silver. It happened to be a pretty busy time for me, but inactivity breeds inactivity too.

Off to read the QTs now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2015, 06:14:49 pm »

That was pretty quick.

A little annoying that my partial claim worked exactly as intended, but mafia never targeted CalignoBot anyway.

I'm curious, silver, what did you think the Protector would do in the setup ? I understand how it plays interestingly with Gladiator, but did you expect what I did or something else ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 04, 2015, 06:39:07 pm »

The original idea was to have skill heavy roles. Rather than the typical "target X at night, hope you hit the right one" thing, mafia gets gladiator, which is heavily skill dependent, and town gets stuff that helps PoE. Protector was me trying to do the same with a unique town role.

Now I needed some sort of NK protection, otherwise IC and Protector just die night one and two. I was considering just adding a doctor, but then I got the idea to add the doctor part to Protector, which seemed much better (and it preserved the "only day actions" thing).

About how to use it, I thought there were a couple of ways. I think what I would have done is, don't claim anything and just write protect: XX as a joke at some point. I also considered claiming fake powers, like claiming to an X-shot mechanic with the doctor thing and then pretend to protect yourself and the IC.

What you did worked perfectly though, scum never suspected anything.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #417 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:58 pm »

Oh and I was lurking because a lot of the time I was fine with how things were in the game, not because of silverspawn.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 04, 2015, 06:54:43 pm »

So.. the MVP choice is really tricky here. Currently I'm considering

-> Hydrad (for winning)
-> Awaclus (for winning)
-> Teproc (for protecting the IC every night without suspicion and even playing intentionally scummy to not get NK'd)
-> e (he drew the first night kill because he had Awaclus & Hydrad as his two primary scum reads)

I'm not sure how common it is to have someone from the losing team be the MVP though. Any opinions?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 04, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »

It's happened once or twice, pretty rare though.

One thing about the slowness of the game, though it certainly isn't unique to this game : 10-day deadlines are too long. I guess I'm in the minority on this since I seem to be the only mod to be using 7 day deadlines (admittedly I'm not following the current ongoing games other than mine so could be wrong), but I really think 7-day deadlines are just better, at least for normal games.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 04, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »

Nice job scum and cool game silverspawn. Kinda upset that I got eliminated so early. Sorry Teproc for thinking you were scum for, like, the entire game. Your claim was suspicious, though you were probably right in not fullclaiming.

It's happened once or twice, pretty rare though.

One thing about the slowness of the game, though it certainly isn't unique to this game : 10-day deadlines are too long. I guess I'm in the minority on this since I seem to be the only mod to be using 7 day deadlines (admittedly I'm not following the current ongoing games other than mine so could be wrong), but I really think 7-day deadlines are just better, at least for normal games.
I like 7 day deadlines for smaller games and 10 day deadlines for bigger games. I also think it'd be nice to try bankable deadlines again.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 04, 2015, 07:43:03 pm »

I really like this game concept (only day actions).

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2015, 09:28:45 pm »

So.. the MVP choice is really tricky here. Currently I'm considering

-> Hydrad (for winning)
-> Awaclus (for winning)
-> Teproc (for protecting the IC every night without suspicion and even playing intentionally scummy to not get NK'd)
-> e (he drew the first night kill because he had Awaclus & Hydrad as his two primary scum reads)

I'm not sure how common it is to have someone from the losing team be the MVP though. Any opinions?

I think Hydrad for his use of the duel power.  From the start he had the idea to duel Awaclus, and was able to use it effectively on D3 to set up his partner for victory.  reading the scum qt he was the one who really pushed for that move.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2015, 09:31:34 pm »

I could also Awaclus for the final NK, because it is pretty ballsy to keep the IC alive.  But he read the game (and calignobot) correctly and predicted correctly who calignobot would lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

The problem with the Hydrad thing is that no-one except CalignoBot actually seemed to give Awaclus town cred for Hydrad's duel. Jimmmm and Teproc both hinted that they think Awaclus is scum.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.