Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 42008 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2015, 03:06:04 am »

vote count 1.e

Archetype (4): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, CalignoBot, Pit {L-1}
A Drowned Kernel (4): Hydrad, 2.71828....., Archetype, Teproc {L-1}

Not Voting (1): Jimmmmm

I am going to sleep now.  Not going to change my vote.

I stayed up way too late giving myself the excuse that people might post stuff.  But that didn't really happen.  I just ended up playing a bunch of Dominion on goko.

oops.  fixed
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2015, 03:06:47 am »

And Jimmmmm is scummy for not voting in my opinion.  But we can deal with that tomorrow
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:45 am »

And Jimmmmm is scummy for not voting in my opinion.  But we can deal with that tomorrow

Depends, if he shows up before deadline I think it's fine, which he might since it's in the evening for Australia.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2015, 03:18:25 am »

Well I'm still here and unless I forget or fall asleep I'll be able to get a lynch through today.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2015, 04:01:22 am »

So 1 hour left right? I'll give Jimmm a little more time to see if he wants to go ADK with me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2015, 04:01:31 am »

oh nvm 2

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2015, 04:22:52 am »

Vote Count 1.C

Archetype (4): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, CalignoBot, Pit {L-1}
A Drowned Kernel (4): Hydrad, 2.71828....., Teproc, Archetype {L-1}

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 6. Feb, 6 AM Forum time. That's in ~2 hours.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2015, 04:48:19 am »

welp. I'm tempted to just hammer now so I don't have to keep checking back.

Monologue time.

On one hand I could kill arch now and stop checking in as it looks like thats the way its going.

On the other hand I could keep waiting and see if someone comes online to kill ADK.

Also I think its better for us to have Jimmm decide on someone.

hmmmmmmm.

I guess I'll go make some ichiban while I wait.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:28 am »

I'm around, but I'll start playing a league match at 10:00 UTC (i.e. pretty much now), so I might or might not be able to do anything useful before the deadline. I don't want to hammer ADK yet though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2015, 05:38:15 am »

Welp

Vote: Archetype I guess.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2015, 05:41:53 am »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2015, 06:10:15 am »

When the kids walked further into the forest, they began to realize that they had no idea what to do next. Originally – in the book – things just happened to come up at the right moments, and there was always something to keep them occupied.

Sue was starting to consider falling back on her knowledge of the book to make things happen, although it didn't seem like fair play to her. When the cold wind became increasingly uncomfortable, she gave a curious look to her little sister. Usually, Loo was the first one to complain in a situation like this.

“Do you think...” Loo now began...

“No, I don't think you can kill yourself with that,” Pete said without looking.

“No...” Loo gave Pete a strange look, and an untypically said smile crept onto her face. “No, I never considered that.”

Ed, who until now had been grumpily staring at the ground, gave his sister an amused look.

“Eh... you sure did, Loo. Just a few minutes ago, you tried to cut your arteries with a piece of bark.”

“You know...” Loo continued without any sign of a reaction, “When I... when I visited that clearing last time I was in Blarnia... I thought I was doing the right thing. I had been given these items, and I had to deal with them somehow, right? I was... I... I really just wanted to to the right thing.”

“Yeah, I always thought killing yourself was the right thing to do,” Ed chortled. Pete, who had an admirable although somewhat stupid protective instinct towards all of his siblings, tried to slap Ed at that, but he laughed and dodged it easily. Sue, meanwhile, was the only one who seemed to be concerned about her sister.

“But when I showed them to everyone, it was so... crushing to see how they reacted. Even... even some of my friends...”

“You don't have friends,” Ed commented, still without really listening to her.

“What are you even talking about, Loo?” Sue asked hesitantly. “You have never been to Blarnia before. You mean in the book?”

“I never went to that place again. I didn't... I didn't even go near it. I can't... put up with it anymore. And I... I never want to play again. Even if I'm not gambling, and wouldn't gain more of them, I don't... I can't...”

Now even Ed realized that something was wrong, although he still couldn't bring himself to care. Pete was busy looking for a branch that was thick enough to make a passable club, and hadn't heard anything.

“Ed?” Sue said, her eyes fixated on Loo, who had stopped walking and was now hyperventilating. “I think Loo needs help. You remember the book better than me. What can we do?”

“I never wanted it to be a big thing... I never wanted any attention.” Loo seemed to have lost all awareness of her surroundings. “I just... couldn't do it anymore. It was a pain. Why is that such a horrible thing? Why couldn't... couldn't they understand it? Am I really that bad of a person just for asking something? I didn't even... I didn't... I didn't mean to...” Now she was collapsing, caught only by Sue who was kneeling in the snow beside her. “And she doesn't talk to me anymore...”

Ed watched Loo with an annoyed expression, then he sighed. “Asthma could probably help. But I've no idea if we can reach him.”

“Asthma?” Sue called, her voice anxious and faint. “Asthma, are you out there?”

“She doesn't talk to me anymore.” Loo closed her eyes, and a single tear fell into the snow. “If I could just... just... everything else wouldn't be that bad. But she's gone...”

“Someone has asked for my help?”

Everyone turned their heads.  A small tomcat was walking through the snow and towards them.

“Is that...” Sue began.

“A talking cat? Yeah.” Pete walked towards it, his club ready to strike. “Doesn't seem natural. Maybe we should kill it?”

Asthma yipped in annoyance. A second before Pete could reach him, he was lifted into the air and thrown to the next tree. Ropes appeared out of nowhere, and a second later he was captivated.

“Hey, cool.” Ed grinned, and went to utilize his brothers unfortunate situation.

“Something's not right with Loo.” Sue was still holding her sister, whose eyes and were now closed, her mouth moving without making a sound.

“Let me see her,” Asthma said calmly. Despite the horror of the situation, Sue briefly registered how weird it was to have a tomcat giving her orders.

When Asthma leaned over Loo's shaking body, she suddenly gasped and tried to move away from him.

“It's you! You did... you took...” but then she blinked, and her sudden outburst stopped as soon as it had begun. “No... it's not you...”

“You need to sleep,” Asthma ordered firmly, and pressed his paw on Loo's brow. “Shh...”

Loo's breathing slowed, and just a few seconds later she was breathing peacefully.

“She will be alright,” Asthma said. “But you... I can't help you anymore.”

“Me?” Sue blinked. “Why? I feel fine.”

“I'm sorry." Asthma lowered his gaze. "I don't understand how this works any more than you do. All I know is that you have been infected somehow. And it's too late for me to help.”

There was just enough time for the fear to reach Sue's face before the chocking started. When she collapsed from her kneeling position, the snow had already been painted red by the first drops of vomited blood.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2015, 06:10:34 am »

Final Vote Count Day 1

Archetype (5): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, CalignoBot, Pit, Hydrad
A Drowned Kernel (3): 2.71828....., Teproc, Archetype

With 9 alive it took 5 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2015, 06:11:51 am »

Archetype has been lynched. He was Sue, a Vanilla Townie.

Night 1 will last until February 7, 4pm Forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2015, 06:12:49 am »

Note: I shortened the night a bit to have a better timed deadline for day two. You still have 24 for hours to submit night Actions.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2015, 04:05:56 pm »

Asthma didn't know why he had decided to come here, but it was probably the desire to talk to someone who he know used to be reasonable, which was a rare quality in Blarnia. When he found the cave, miles away from where Sue had died, he could smell the scent of worn out clothes, rotten meat, and unwashed skin from meters away. With a sigh, he wrinkled his nose and made his way inside.

It was pure chaos. The man responsible was lying drunk and asleep in between countless bottles with various alcoholic contents and former alcoholic contents. The smell was overwhelming.

He didn't like to do this. He wanted to use as little of his powers as possible. But even though his patience and good will was infinite, there was no point to endure this any longer. He had turned water into wine before. How different was this, really?

A few seconds later all liquid in the room was replaced by crystal clear water, the smell was gone entirely, and every piece of dirty laundry was put into a large, closed, and impermeable chest.

“H-huh?” The man had woken up, apparently the absence of bad air was enough of a change to upset his subconsciousness.

“Good afternoon, Santa.” Asthma said drily.

“Guh... I need a drink.” The man groggily reached out for a bottle lying next to him. When he poured the first drops of liquid into his mouth, however, he instantly spat out and almost dropped it.

“Whhhh... water?”

“I was going to tell you that Christmas is coming back and that you need to stop drinking. Now I'm not so sure about that anymore, but you still should stop drinking.”

“Did... d-did you? No.... all of it?” He desperately reached for another bottle, and this time he really dropped it when he examined its contents. It fell to the floor and broke. “No...”

“Why, Santa? What made you turn into this?”

Now the man turned around and angrily glared at Asthma. “What made me turn into this? Do you have any idea what your stupid celebration has meant for me? Everyone only knew me as the man who brings... mp... presents. Everyone! I had to bring presents to every little fucker in this stupid... worthless... smelly... argh! If I had gone to middle earth instead, at least I would only be responsible for all residents of one area.

“But what do you know? I actually did it. For years, I did my job, working more than every last worthless creature in this stupid land. And then you leave, and what? No more Christmas. I'm out of work. Unemployed. But do you think people still respected me? As if. Ungrateful bastards. All the little kids care about are presents. I never received a thank you in eons. God, I hate kids. And it's all because of you.”

Asthma was staring back unimpressed. “Lying is a sin, Santa. You can't lie to me. I know you received recognition for what you have done. And you can't complain about being unemployed when ninety percent of the population is. At least you had a purpose when you had work. A good purpose.”

He sighed and turned around. “Don't try to get drunk again. And once you're sober, come find me. We'll have a real talk.”

He was about to leave the cage, when he was hit over the head by a large bottle, full of the cleanest water that had come near Santa for years. What did it help that he was the most powerful being alive? What did it help that he could have killed any resident of this world in the blink of an eye, if only he wanted? What did it help that he could have made himself invulnerable if he had only seen the hit coming?

Nothing.

“Fuck you, Asthma.” Santa spat at the unconscious tomcat. “I know you'll probably come back, as you have before. I know I can't kill you for good. And I know you can do everything with me once you do come back. But I don't care. You probably won't even punish me, what with your stupid ideas about forgiveness and redemption.”

He took an even larger bottle, and threw it at Asthma's head with all of his might.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »

2.71828..... has been killed in the night. He was Asthma, a Vanilla Townie

Day 2 starts!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2015, 04:06:26 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Not Voting (7): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, Teproc, Hydrad, CalignoBot, Jimmmmm, Pit

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends at 17. Feb, 4 PM Forum time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:09:42 pm by silverspawn »

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »

And were back.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »

They didn't go after the IC, interesting. They also killed off-wagon, which leads to me think scum's probably on. That's a pretty small pool, so howzabout vote: awaclus
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #295 on: February 08, 2015, 04:42:31 am »

They didn't go after the IC, interesting. They also killed off-wagon, which leads to me think scum's probably on. That's a pretty small pool, so howzabout vote: awaclus

I don't really like that vote. I like vote: ADK a lot more.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 08, 2015, 04:44:38 am »

I agree. Wagon assumptions are much more useful for scum trying to manipulate Town than for Town. Vote: ADK.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 08, 2015, 06:48:10 am »

That's a very intriguing NK. I don't have time right now, but I think people should reread 2.7, because at first glance I'm not sure I get this kill.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2015, 09:16:01 am »

Vote Count 2.2

Awaclus (1):  A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (2): Awaclus, Jimmmmm

Not Voting (4): Teproc, Hydrad, CalignoBot, Pit

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends at 17. Feb, 4 PM Forum time.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 08, 2015, 10:07:49 am »

I agree. Wagon assumptions are much more useful for scum trying to manipulate Town than for Town. Vote: ADK.

How so?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.