Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13  All

Author Topic: Rio Grande page for Dominion: Adventures is live  (Read 117012 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Rio Grande page for Dominion: Adventures is live
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2015, 02:10:17 pm »

Seeing how right/wrong you guys are is hilarious, but also frustrating, because I can't say *how* right/wrong you are.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:58 pm »
+3

Seeing how right/wrong you guys are is hilarious, but also frustrating, because I can't say *how* right/wrong you are.
For example?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:53 pm »
+3

Weren't you on our side until just recently?  Have some compassion, man!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »

Or state that you're notnow accepting bribes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:08:24 pm by Witherweaver »

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »
+2

The fact that the new mats are Seaside sized suggests they are for putting cards on, especially considering Donald guessed they would be that size (presumably based on mechanics) - if they were for the new tokens they would probably be Prosperity sized.

As to the tokens, the fact they are color coded suggests they go in the common area, which at current would mean on supply piles. My guess is they modify the effects of a given card, but only for the token placer. It will probably.rewrote the play of a one-off card to place a token, so I would think the effects would have to be pretty strong to justify the delay (of course something as simply as +1 action can be extremely powerful on the right card.)

It's possible, but that's not necessarily what distinguished the Seaside mats. After all, the Seaside maps also included Pirate Ship, but it kept the large size because it was in a set of six and that's the size you get when you split a sheet of that size into six mats instead of nine like in Prosperity. By the same approach, just from knowing that there were only six maps, it seemed pretty likely that they'd be Seaside sized without knowing anything else about them, because why make them Prosperity sized if that wouldn't fill a whole sheet?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2015, 04:07:52 pm »

Or state that you're not accepting bribes.

I just saw this typo. I really meant to say:

"Or state that you're now accepting bribes."

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2015, 05:25:52 pm »
+1

See, I thought that was the joke.  I say I'm not accepting bribes, which, through reverse psychology, prompts people to bribe me.  It's like saying "I'm not driving us to McDonald's" when your stoner friend hadn't even asked you to.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2015, 05:28:07 pm »
+4

See, I thought that was the joke.  I say I'm not accepting bribes, which, through reverse psychology, prompts people to bribe me.  It's like saying "I'm not driving us to McDonald's" when your stoner friend hadn't even asked you to.

Good call.  Take whichever version makes me look more clever in your mind.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2015, 06:32:44 pm »

When you wanted to mess with your stoner friends, you mentioned McDonalds? Man, that is just....... rough.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2015, 07:22:09 pm »
+1

Say, werothegreat, did i ever tell you that you always were my favourite user here? Why, the only thing that could make our deep friendship even more awesome would be me knowing everything about that upcoming Dominion expansion. You DO know that if i was the one to know something about it, i would definitely tell you, right?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2015, 09:09:41 pm »

Say, werothegreat, did i ever tell you that you always were my favourite user here? Why, the only thing that could make our deep friendship even more awesome would be me knowing everything about that upcoming Dominion expansion. You DO know that if i was the one to know something about it, i would definitely tell you, right?

Hey, I wasn't the only one at that meetup, go heckle GendoIkari or jonts :P

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2015, 11:13:20 pm »
+3

Now that's just typical! A little internal knowledge of your oh-so-great Adventures expansion and you immediately forget your old pals... I am very disappointed in you, werothegreat. But i know when my friendship is no longer required. Well, at least i have other great friends like, uh, KendoIgari and joints, who surely care enough to tell me all about Adventures.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2015, 12:08:56 am »
+1

Now that's just typical! A little internal knowledge of your oh-so-great Adventures expansion and you immediately forget your old pals... I am very disappointed in you, werothegreat. But i know when my friendship is no longer required. Well, at least i have other great friends like, uh, KendoIgari and joints, who surely care enough to tell me all about Adventures.

I'll be your friend.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:47 am »

I'll be your friend.

Aw...

Funny enough, i actually considered asking you to be friends - online friends, to be precise. You see, your avatar tempts me to believe that you play Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and you can never have enough online friends.

Anyhow, as friendship is commonly known to be magic, i accept.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:57:18 am by Asper »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2015, 01:18:11 am »

I'll be your friend.

Aw...

Funny enough, i actually considered asking you to be friends - online friends, to be precise. You see, your avatar tempts me to believe that you play Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and you can never have enough online friends.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2015, 01:21:07 am »

I'll be friends with people who play Smash U!

I even know about Adventures!  It's a win-win for everyone!
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2015, 01:22:33 am »

Why do I get the feeling that by the time we get to the previews, everyone on this forum will just know all the cards anyway?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2015, 01:23:37 am »
+2

That would take an insane amount of bribery to happen.

I accept traveler's checks, by the way.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2015, 01:24:37 am »
+7

I accept sexual favors.

I don't know anything about Adventures; I'm just putting that out there.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2015, 01:25:06 am »

I'll be your friend.

Aw...

I don't have Smash for Wii U. I don't have a Wii U.

I have Smash for 3DS.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2015, 01:32:34 am »

I'll be your friend.

Aw...

I have Smash for 3DS.

So. Close...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2015, 01:43:31 am »

I'll be your friend.

Aw...

I have Smash for 3DS.

So. Close...

:-[

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2015, 02:10:41 am »

Why do I get the feeling that by the time we get to the previews, everyone on this forum will just know all the cards anyway?
Where do we sign the NDA?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2015, 06:08:21 am »

Totally besides the point, but somehow not: I always like to play achromatic colors. Black or white, but preferredly grey. Is that weird?
At least you have Fifty Shades to choose from.

I tried to find an original answer to this, buz sadly "As long as one of them is 'Dorian'." doesn't work.
Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.

Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty.

... and those that find beauty in ugly things? You forgot to mention them ...

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2015, 08:52:30 am »
+1

I just spread tons of likes among you people. I love that there are so many funny people here, especially you, Asper. If I hadn't already looked into your fan card thread, I would totally do it now.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.