Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A bit of everything  (Read 994 times)

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
A bit of everything
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Lighthouse, Develop, Smugglers, Herald, Noble Brigand, Nomad Camp, Cultist, Fairgrounds, Harem
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150103/log.516d48d9e4b082c74d7b7db9.1420309194859.txt

I opened with Lighthouse (then got a couple more) to keep a mild protection against Cultist, and that really paid off. The other player won the split and was chaining them like crazy, but I ended up with only 3 Ruins in my deck.

At some point I realized that Heralds aren't bad as a mild defense against Looters, and then I remembered that Ruins can power up Vineyards, and actually there's all sorts of subtle synergies here, and holy crap this board is amazing for Fairgrounds!

I started collecting one of each -- even buying a Curse to reach that elusive 20-named-cards mark where Fairgrounds are worth 8VP.

(...Just ignore turn 12, where I idiotically overpay for Herald and forget that the only card in my discard is a Ruined Market.)

I had a lot of fun with this game, but still... 27 turns isn't that impressive, is it? Did we both get distracted by all the shiny stuff and failed to see a faster, more straightforward strategy?

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of everything
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:01:45 pm »
+1

I don't think Lighthouse is any good here. You want those Ruins - for Vineyard, Fairgrounds AND Herald! I'd probably just go Herald/Smugglers/Develop, and then Vineyards. You probably want 2 or so Nomad Camps and maybe Cultist at some point, for the draw. If your opponent goes Cultist/BM, you could think about Noble Brigand. Silver and Gold can be developed! (caveat: You cannot steal Harems)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of everything
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:55:19 pm »
+1

I like lighthouse here, I just wouldn't focus on getting very many. Ruins are still bad until the game ends, and I don't think you'll be unable to get as many as you want for vineyards/fairgrounds. I'd skip cultist and go full vineyards. Nomad camp/develop seems like the general opening here.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.