Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Author Topic: 2015, 2016, & 2017: Best Hearthstone Moments  (Read 83457 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 & 2016: Best Hearthstone Moments
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2016, 03:59:38 pm »
+2

Zoo against Yogg Mage...we are pretty even at around 18 life, I have board.  He plays Yogg and ends up with a hunter secret and a 10/5 DS Yogg.

I go face for three, no trigger.  I go Yogg and trigger Snake Trap.  Trade for his Yogg, fill board, leave his three snakes.  He has 8 life.  He Flamestrikes, hero power my reliquary, leaving just an 8/4 Sea Giant on my side.  Arcane Missiles hits once, plus three snakes...no board.

I have Tentacles in hand, draw Knife Juggler.  Decide to tap, draw a second Juggler.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2016, 04:11:55 pm »

Opponent has Obsidian Destroyer on board.
I have knife Juggler on board.
I play Tinkmaster Overspark. Transforms the Destroyer into a Squirrel. Knife kills Squirrel.

Okay, not really impressive.  But it was funny to see the only Legendary I've opened in a pack actually make a difference.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »

I play Tinkmaster Overspark. Transforms the Destroyer into a Squirrel. Knife kills Squirrel.

Okay, not really impressive.  But it was funny to see the only Legendary I've opened in a pack actually make a difference.

When tink hits something like that, it's a game winning card. When it hits your stuff, its a game losing card.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:59 pm »

When tink hits something like that, it's a game winning card. When it hits your stuff, its a game losing card.
You used to be able to target what Tink would transform (the transformation was still random). Those days it was in many many decks.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2016, 08:00:13 pm »
+1

You used to be able to target what Tink would transform (the transformation was still random). Those days it was in many many decks.

That sounds like a useful, maybe balanced, but definitely interesting card. The current thing is just not good in any sense.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2016, 01:15:00 am »

That sounds like a useful, maybe balanced, but definitely interesting card. The current thing is just not good in any sense.

I think it was 5 mana though

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2016, 02:17:13 am »

A Polymorph available for every deck sounds pretty OP to me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:03 am »

How is it OP if everyone has access to it?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2016, 11:53:09 am »

It may not be OP, but it's not fun. Think of Dr. Boom. I'm not sure now OP he is, but he's so good you put him in every deck. That's not fun, and it takes away from the game. Also some classes dont have hard removal, and that gives it to them.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2016, 01:39:02 pm »

It may not be OP, but it's not fun. Think of Dr. Boom. I'm not sure now OP he is, but he's so good you put him in every deck. That's not fun, and it takes away from the game. Also some classes dont have hard removal, and that gives it to them.

Dr. Boom is super fun, and cards that are powerful enough to go in a majority of decks, when in moderation, add to the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2016, 01:43:04 pm »

To quote Brian Kibble, "I got the fun in my sights!". Old Tinkmaster would lead to the same sort of omnipresent situation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2016, 01:48:00 pm »

Dr. Boom is super fun, and cards that are powerful enough to go in a majority of decks, when in moderation, add to the game.

There are some cute things about the Boom Bots being both Mechs and deathrattle minions. The bots provided additional Mech synergy, and they could buff Undertaker or Feign Death or whatever (and now N'Zoth).

Sadly those aspects of Dr. Boom are overshadowed by the good doctor's raw power level. I've seen my boom bots deal 4 damage to Azure Drakes on deathrattle.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »

To me, the main problem with boom was not that he was op (which he was, but anyway) but rather that he was crazy swingy. It was so painful to see your boom bots hit face for 1 each and then have his kill your two 4 health minions.

Even when it happened in your favour you either didn't notice or it would take away the feeling of clean victory somewhat.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »

Playing Priest against Yogg Mage.

I've got board advantage and a win if he can't win this turn. I have 3 minions and 11 health. He has 1 card and 10 health. Plays Yogg has played like 10 spells this game. Yogg says "F^&* this" Explosive Shots himself and then immediately Pyroblasts the Mage. Worst luck I have seen on a Yogg play.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2016, 12:38:55 am »

Hunter is fun.  Play Bestial Wrath on my giant sandworm. Proceed to kill 4 medium size minions and do 10 damage to opponent's face with it. finish off opponent with hero power and kill command. ouch. I feel bad for that opponent.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2016, 06:55:20 pm »
+2

Just happened in Brawl:
I play Foe Reaper, opponent plays Stranglethorn Tiger with no other minions on board
I play Hungry Dragon and For Reaper hits the summoned 2/1 to kill the Tiger.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
+9

I play Brann for tempo on turn 3, opponent drops a Doomsayer which I can't clear. So instead, I play my Dirty Rat (the new 2/6 taunt that puts an opponent's minion in the battlefield from his hand as his Battlecry), putting Thaurissan and Leeroy into play from his hand to die to the Doomsayer. He concedes.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2016, 05:25:37 pm »
+1

Arena game, Warlock (me) vs. Priest

Me 1: Pass

Priest 1: Coin out Annoy-o-Tron

Me 2: Play Mad Bomber, which KILLS ANNOY-O-TRON

Later same game:

Priest plays Fairy Dragon

I Moat Lurker it into Secret

SECRET IS POTION OF POLYMORPH
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »
+1

T1 Possessed Villager.
Opponent passes

T2 Bilefin Tidehunter.
Opponent plays Wild Growth.

T3 Forbidden Ritual.
Opponent plays Twilight Elder.

T4 Sea Giant + Reliquiary Seeker.
Opponent concedes.

Another game playing Reno mage with Prince Malchezaar.

I play Brann on turn turn 3, followed by Barnes on turn 4. Barnes summons two 1/1 copies of The Beast.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2017, 03:22:36 pm »

In arena, my hand is

Voidcaller, 2x Dread Infernal, 2x Abyssal Enforcer, Kabal Trafficker.

On turn 5 I play Voidcaller. It lives.
On turn 6 I play Kabal Trafficker. It gives me Mal'Ganis at end of turn.
My opponent Siphon Souls Kabal Trafficker, then trades their Voidcaller with mine. Theirs puts Felguard into play, mine puts Mal'Ganis in.
Turn 7: Soulfire Felguard (discarding Dread Infernal), play 2nd Dread Infernal, attack with Mal'Ganis, instant concede from opponent.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2017, 09:29:23 am »
+1

I got Sudden Genesis (5 mana summon a copy of each of your damaged minions) from Swashburglar earlier

Crystal Core active, so all my minions are 5/5, i have a 1/1 dagger equipped.
My board: Swashburglar + Southsea Deckhand
Opponent has 15 hp + 2 armor.
I go face with Swash and Deckhand, Backstab my Deckhand, play Sudden Genesis (5 mana summon a copy of each of your damaged minions), which i got from Swashburglar, go face with the new Deckhand, and Eviserate for lethal.

(https://hsreplay.net/replay/Du8rc54KYLkN7hPh4f8FEa)

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2017, 08:43:24 am »

Yup, got hit with Exodia Mage combo. Sorceror's Apprentice + Molten Reflection x 3 + Waygate turn skip into Antonidas. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2017, 09:11:58 pm »

I was playing Midrange Hunter vs. Quest Rogue. Turn 9 (I think), my board is clear and my opponent(already having completed the quest) has two 5/2's and a 5/5 Violet Teacher, but only 6 HP.

I play Tortollan Primalist, a card I wanted to try out for funsies (with the hope of 8-mana Call of the Wild). I Discover Explosive Trap to play.

My opponent for some reason attacks my face with Violet Teacher instead of one of the 5/2's, triggering the trap and destroying my opponent's remaining minions. Opponent casts Vanish, then plays some minions.

My turn, my opponent at 4 HP, I Hero Power and replay the Tortollan Primalist, discovering Explosive Trap again.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2017, 12:59:24 pm »
+1

I killed an opponent with a 28/2 Leeroy (double Cold Blood, Prep, Blessed Champion from Hallucination).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:31 am »

I just won a crazy game on Arena where I fatigued for 6 (putting me at 2) and my opponent fatigued for 5 (killing him). At 1-2 with a very good deck, no less.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:33:22 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.