Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All

Author Topic: 2015, 2016, & 2017: Best Hearthstone Moments  (Read 83492 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 & 2016: Best Hearthstone Moments
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2016, 11:26:20 am »
+5

Playing against a Warlock. (my moves aren't relevant)
Turn 2 -> Renounce Darkness (becomes a Priest)
Turn 3 -> ehhhhhh, I kinda miss the darkness, Shadowform

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:28 pm »

Playing against a Warlock. (my moves aren't relevant)
Turn 2 -> Renounce Darkness (becomes a Priest)
Turn 3 -> ehhhhhh, I kinda miss the darkness, Shadowform

Old habits die hard.

The best loss I had so far was when my Mage opponent's Servant of Yogg-Saron played Beneath the Grounds against my Reno Rogue deck. Went to play Reno at 1hp, only to be met with a nasty surprise.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2016, 05:54:49 am »

On Arena, I was playing Druid against a Mage. I had a pretty great start with Coin into Wild Growth, t2 Living Roots and Annoy-o-Tron, while my opponent spent his t2 pinging my face. He then played an Unstable Portal at some point and didn't play that minion on that turn. On turn 5, I had massive board advantage, and then I Innervated into an Ancient of War (for the Taunt) and got him down to 9 health by going for the face with my other stuff.

As it turns out, the minion he got from the Unstable Portal was a Vol'jin and he also had a Defender of Argus.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2016, 12:16:48 am »
+2

I always wish people would finish me off quickly if they have fatal damage on me instead of making their turn last longer when the winner is clear. So today I played an explosive trap when both me and my opponent had 4 HP left. My opponent had a 6/2 minion, but he attacked first with his 1/1 minion. My explosive trap kills all three of his minions and I win.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:25:38 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:29 am »
+1

I always wish people would finish me off quickly if they have fatal damage on me instead of making their turn last longer when the winner is clear. So today I played an explosive trap when both me and my opponent had 4 HP left. My opponent had a 6/2 minion, but he attacked first with his 1/1 minion. My explosive trap kills all three of his minions and I win.

Attacking with the 6/2 minion first wouldn't have helped though, Explosive Trap triggers before the minion deals damage so all of his minions were going to die anyway. If your Secret had been a Bear Trap or a Freezing Trap, attacking with the 1/1 would have possibly allowed him to win whereas attacking with the 6/2 would not have, so your opponent actually made the correct play there.

Also, you can (and should) resign as soon as you see that your opponent has lethal and there's nothing you can do about it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:22 am »

Attacking with the 6/2 minion first wouldn't have helped though, Explosive Trap triggers before the minion deals damage so all of his minions were going to die anyway. If your Secret had been a Bear Trap or a Freezing Trap, attacking with the 1/1 would have possibly allowed him to win whereas attacking with the 6/2 would not have, so your opponent actually made the correct play there.
oh yeah. it was nice that I had the explosive trap at just the right time anyway.

Also, you can (and should) resign as soon as you see that your opponent has lethal and there's nothing you can do about it.
I do occationally, and sometimes I resign when they have lethal and start doing things other than finishing me off. But I don't agree with 'should'. It seems like a lot of people would think it rude for you to quit without giving them a chance to finish you off. And then there's the possibility that you're mistaken about having nothing to do about losing as in the case I was taking about.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2016, 01:02:46 am »

I do occationally, and sometimes I resign when they have lethal and start doing things other than finishing me off. But I don't agree with 'should'. It seems like a lot of people would think it rude for you to quit without giving them a chance to finish you off. And then there's the possibility that you're mistaken about having nothing to do about losing as in the case I was taking about.

It's not rude, it's polite.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2016, 01:04:02 am »
+1

Except sometimes opponents miss lethal if it isn't a super obvious lethal. So I always wait. Sometimes they miss it and you can actually win the game. It's super important in arena.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2016, 01:04:47 am »
+2

There has been more than one occasion where I can see that my opponent has lethal on the board, and they instead punch my minions, leaving me alive for long enough to kill them first.  There has also been more than one occasion where I've missed lethal on another player.  Never concede.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2016, 01:06:31 am »

Except sometimes opponents miss lethal if it isn't a super obvious lethal. So I always wait. Sometimes they miss it and you can actually win the game. It's super important in arena.

Sure, you shouldn't resign games where it isn't super obvious, but even then, I always resign as soon as the opponent indicates that he also sees the lethal.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2016, 10:48:30 am »
+4

I don't traffic in these absolutes. I'll resign if I want to. Sometimes I know I am going to get wrecked and I sit and watch and let the guy have his fun. Sometimes I am disgusted with my own play and resign even when I may have won. It's a game not my master.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2016, 12:22:41 pm »

It's not rude to make someone do a few extra clicks.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »
+1

Man, I've had so many Dominion games where this has been the case as well.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

Me as Reno Rogue vs. Priest.

Me: Elise

Opp, several turns later:  Thoughtsteal -> Map -> Monkey.  All in one turn.

(I still won, but never drew my map.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »

Sometimes I give my opponent a little bit of time to summon things or kill minions for quests. If they're just BMing I resign though.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2016, 06:56:29 pm »

You shouldn't resign if you think your opponent might be playing on mobile on EU!  Who knows what will happen?

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2016, 07:01:44 pm »

My game crashes in over half the games I play on mobile.

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2016, 10:19:05 am »
+4

I just played Evolve on my 7 minion board.
Hit Wild Pyro + Acidmaw!
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2016, 01:28:48 pm »

Hit Wild Pyro + Acidmaw!

What a combo.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2016, 05:58:39 am »
+1

Hit Wild Pyro + Acidmaw!

What a combo.

My opponent evolved a full board and got a Doomsayer.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2016, 12:02:54 pm »
+2

Hit Wild Pyro + Acidmaw!

What a combo.

This is why I miss "I am sorry." as an option. Saying "Spectacular!" or whatever after something like that happens doesn't seem as nice.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »

Hit Wild Pyro + Acidmaw!

What a combo.

This is why I miss "I am sorry." as an option. Saying "Spectacular!" or whatever after something like that happens doesn't seem as nice.

I think it's a lot more fun to have an opponent say "Spectacular!" or whatever whenever something like that happens to me.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
+3

So this happened in arena.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:16 am »

You had two Ancient Ones or did you duplicate it somehow?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2016, 03:11:44 pm »

You had two Ancient Ones or did you duplicate it somehow?

I had 2 duplicates in the deck. It's worth noting that I missed lethal on purpose to get it, and he didn't concede for a turn to let me get it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.