Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12  All

Author Topic: 2015, 2016, & 2017: Best Hearthstone Moments  (Read 83496 times)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: 2015: Best Hearthstone Moments
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2015, 03:47:29 am »

hit the Gahz'rilla a few times bringing it down to 6 health, attacked it with the 6/6, used the oops emote,

What am I missing?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2015, 04:31:42 am »
+1

hit the Gahz'rilla a few times bringing it down to 6 health, attacked it with the 6/6, used the oops emote,

What am I missing?

a Freezing Trap
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2015, 05:26:21 am »

I have a 6/3 Bloodsail Raider against an empty board.

My opponent (Druid) plays Madder Bomber and takes all 6 hits to the face.
Was that me?  It sounds familiar.  Definitely had a 6-hit bomber to face recently, and I remember losing to a 6/3 bloodsail.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2015, 06:23:14 am »

I have a 6/3 Bloodsail Raider against an empty board.

My opponent (Druid) plays Madder Bomber and takes all 6 hits to the face.
Was that me?  It sounds familiar.  Definitely had a 6-hit bomber to face recently, and I remember losing to a 6/3 bloodsail.

If you lost your board to a Consecrate on the previous turn, then lost your Bomber to a Truesilver, and played an Arcane Golem on your final turn, then it was you.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2015, 06:43:03 am »

Hmmm.  I don't remember drafting an Arcane Golem recently.  Maybe it wasn't me.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2015, 04:37:35 pm »

Best moment for me literally just happened. I built a taunt-heavy control deck with no "real" wincon except exhausting my opponent's plays. I end up against another priest who's clearly playing a similar game with gurubashi berserker as a wincon. He's running a little differently and has ressurect (I don't); we play out and he ends up with THREE northshire clerics at one point. I've got the justicar that lets me run 4-point heals from my hero power as a battlecry, and his biggest creatures are PW:G'd so they're a 1/x and a -1/x respectively (sen'jin and lightspawn, but he burnt his pw:s and divine spirits on keeping his draw engine alive earlier). I realize the guy's at like, 2 cards left, so now all I have to do is survive until he fatigues out - which should be quick, since he has 3 clerics on the board. I keep tossing taunts, he's basically playing on autopilot until he hits like 4 fatigue damage at which point he realizes he needs to quit healing his minions... but it's too late, he's at like 15 health. He manages to toss one of his clerics but I heal a creature of his next turn to do 13 damage and he draws into the fatigue death at the start of his turn with an 8 fatigue card.

EDIT: the long version

omg
so I built a... IDK what to call it
"taunt priest" deck
my goal basically was to just chip away at the opponent, using lots high health taunt minions and northshire cleric to prevent massive tempo gains from my opponent
just played another priest who has what i'll call a "standard" priest deck - lightspawn, divine spirits, etc etc
he ends up busting all my creatures as I drop them after a couple decent tempo swings in his favor, but he doesn't actually have a lot of damage on the board and I'm able to basically keep throwing down taunt
in the meantime, he's used resurrect and has ended up with THREE northshire clerics on the board, and is just busting through his deck.
I realize at 6 cards left in his deck that I have a shot to fatigue him out
I drop PW:G on his two big damage dealers (sen'jin and lightspawn), and he burned his pw:S and divine spirits on keeping northshire clerics alive, so he can't make lightspawn big enough to mean anything
meanwhile, he's still healing his minions. he pops a holy nova or whatever and goes like 3 deep into fatigue
I put down a taunt minion, he realizes he's pooched on fatigue and needs to come up with a solution so he tries to kill off his clerics but my minion's too low attack to kill more than one of them
we're now a 4 fatigue damage, mind you
(I'm at like 15 cards left in deck)
I drop a sludge belcher for lulz and throw a heal on one of his still-damaged clerics, hitting him for fatigue 5 and 6
no wait
he must've hit fatigue 5 that turn
because I hit him for 6/7
he draws into fatigue 8 with 2 life left
gg
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:49:22 pm by chairs »

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »
+1

Best moment for me literally just happened. I built a taunt-heavy control deck with no "real" wincon except exhausting my opponent's plays. I end up against another priest who's clearly playing a similar game with gurubashi berserker as a wincon. He's running a little differently and has ressurect (I don't); we play out and he ends up with THREE northshire clerics at one point. I've got the justicar that lets me run 4-point heals from my hero power as a battlecry, and his biggest creatures are PW:G'd so they're a 1/x and a -1/x respectively (sen'jin and lightspawn, but he burnt his pw:s and divine spirits on keeping his draw engine alive earlier). I realize the guy's at like, 2 cards left, so now all I have to do is survive until he fatigues out - which should be quick, since he has 3 clerics on the board. I keep tossing taunts, he's basically playing on autopilot until he hits like 4 fatigue damage at which point he realizes he needs to quit healing his minions... but it's too late, he's at like 15 health. He manages to toss one of his clerics but I heal a creature of his next turn to do 13 damage and he draws into the fatigue death at the start of his turn with an 8 fatigue card.

Classic mistake. Happens to every Priest player at least once

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2015, 05:44:54 pm »

This was a good moment for my opponent as a pre-nerf Patron Warrior.  My next draw was Battle Rage...

The Mechazod Brawl is producing thousands of these moments, but here's a buff Millhouse.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2015, 05:53:49 pm »

This was a good moment for my opponent as a pre-nerf Patron Warrior.  My next draw was Battle Rage...

The Mechazod Brawl is producing thousands of these moments, but here's a buff Millhouse.

My one Mechazod win did not look nearly that good.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »

My one Mechazod win did not look nearly that good.

Priest has Leeroy? I haven't seen him once.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2015, 04:28:43 pm »
+1

8-1 match of an arena run, I mulled away a blade flurry against a paladin because even though it's really good against muster, muster is a rare, so I shouldn't keep it just because of that, blah blah blah.  He goes Shielded Minibot into Muster like it's constructed, and I drew into Loot Hoarder and Wolf Rider instead of the Blade Flurry.

Guy continues to have sick cards, multiple Shielded Minibots, multiple? Shredders, Truesilver, a tiger, which isn't bad, and eventually a Tirion.

As he's battering me down, I draw this Ogre Ninja fellow, and I think, well, if I topdeck the third copy of Eviscerate in my deck AND Ogre Ninja does the 16.7% chance of attacking face instead of anything else, I have a chance to win.

Lo to the behold.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »

Given that you drew Eviscerate, it looks like you have a 2/3 chance of winning the game, because Ogre hitting Tirion is also lethal.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 04:36:53 pm »

Given that you drew Eviscerate, it looks like you have a 2/3 chance of winning the game, because Ogre hitting Tirion is also lethal.

Isn't Eviscerate x2 to face 6 damage anyway?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 04:39:04 pm »

Y yes.  He gave us the screen after the ninja had done six to face.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 04:40:54 pm »

Why haven't you fixed that screw though?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »

Y yes.  He gave us the screen after the ninja had done six to face.

Yeah, sorry guys.  I thought you would figure that part out.  Couldn't find out the situation was screenshot worthy until I actually attacked with the Ogre Ninja.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I see Titandrake said something different.  I now see that I barely had enough mana for exact lethal if ogre ninja hit tirion. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:37:54 pm by popsofctown »

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2015, 04:20:53 am »

Aren't you one off for Dagger+Poison+Wolfrider+Eviscerate x2?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2015, 04:24:05 am »
+1

Yes, but that would be Still Had All Deez anyway. Dagger+Wolfrider+Eviscerate x2 is enough.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2015, 05:20:22 am »

Yes, but that would be Still Had All Deez anyway. Dagger+Wolfrider+Eviscerate x2 is enough.

Both activated.  Got it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2015, 06:21:20 am »
+1

Both activated.  Got it.
Took me a while as well.  Clearly my brain is not functioning this morning.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2015, 11:38:40 am »
+1

Apparently if, between you playing Brawl and the card actually resolving, all minions are removed from the board, it actually, literally, breaks the game.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2015, 03:39:02 pm »

Apparently if, between you playing Brawl and the card actually resolving, all minions are removed from the board, it actually, literally, breaks the game.

The T1 tie was pretty awesome too.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2015, 05:12:53 pm »

I lost an arena game due to my opponent playing 2x Blessed Champion on his 7/6. He was a Mage.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2015, 10:45:10 pm »

I'm playing around on  ladder with my mid-range Hunter. My deck already has one copy of Jeweled Scarab and Tomb Spider while having two Web Spinners (also has two Highmanes and a Dr. Boom along with some more defensive cards like Sludge Belcher and Annoy-o-tron). So, I'm used to play some weird mix of cards based on what I draw from Web Spinner and the Discover cards.

But in this last game I played against a freeze Mage the random card draw got really wonky. One Web Spinner drew another Tomb Spider, and another Web Spinner drew an extra Highmane (and I might have discovered that Web Spinner from Tomb Spider). At some point I had three Highmanes on the board at the same time. My opponent managed to play both Ice Blocks throughout the game to stall (I also run one copy of Flare in my deck, but alas I never drew it). On the last turn, My opponent played Reno, healing from 1HP, but then immediately conceded due to still facing 30+ damage next turn from my side of the board.

As a side note, the discover cards are decent to good. Long story short they make it likely to draw a card that will be helpful for your current match-up or current situation. Lots of cards are really good in certain situations but those situations occur too infrequently to warrant putting them in your deck. With Discover you just might find those swing cards at the perfect moment.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »
+5

I am playing Renolock mirror. I have lost my Reno already to Peddler -> Soulfire, he used up his. It is very late game. He has Dreadsteed and some small minions on the board, 10 cards in hand. It is perfect time to play Jaraxxus.. but, if he is playing Dreadsteed, maybe he runs Sac. Pact too. Can I risk it.
I risk it. He draws for the turn, but has 10 cards, so he overdraws.. Sac Pact.
o m g.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 21 queries.