Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Author Topic: 2015, 2016, & 2017: Best Hearthstone Moments  (Read 83498 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: 2015: Best Hearthstone Moments
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2016, 12:32:42 am »

Another not my greatest moment:

I have Death's Bite with 1 Durability, and a couple of minions.  Opponent, a Pally, plays:

Equality
Bloodsail Corsair (remove 1 Durability from opponent's weapon)
Keeper of Uldaman (on the Corsair)

Game over, basically.

That's just brutal. I'm sure that pally was happy that he got some value of that corsair though.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:06 am »

Seriously.  Being forced to pick Corsair in Arena?  Sucks.  But he got the extreme value play from it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »
+1

Just had a great comeback with my Midrange Druid against a Warrior:
I'm at 1 hp, he's at 30hp+14 armor. His board is Sylvanas+Emperor, mine is Azure Drake and 3/3 Shade.
I play Force of Nature, 2 discounted Savage Roars, 2 Innervates and Keeper to silence Sylvanas and clear the Board with Treants.
He's now at 19 hp to my one, but i manage to stay on board and he doesn't draw any damage until I'm at 3 armor, at which point he gets bash.
The turn after, I have exact lethal with Boom, 5/5 Shade and carging Druid of the claw.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »

Seriously.  Being forced to pick Corsair in Arena?  Sucks.  But he got the extreme value play from it.

It's not that bad. It's always really good when your opponent has a weapon and reasonably many of them do have some. I mean, it's not the best card ever but it is better than a lot of the other things you might get offered.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »
+1

I was at 4 health with Warlock on Arena (at 6-2). The Pally opponent was at like 23 (don't remember exactly, but it was way too high for lethal this turn and certainly low enough for lethal next turn).

Opponent's board: Wobbling Runts, Leper Gnome, Hero Power token, a secret which I knew was a Sacred Trial.
My board: an 8/8 and a Faerie Dragon.

In my hand, I had a Clockwork Gnome, Ancient Brewmaster, Power Overwhelming and two irrelevant cards. So I figured that I couldn't prevent myself from losing with just those, so I tapped (at that point, I hadn't figured out if there was a way to win at all, but I decided to try it out and see what I could get) and topdecked an Annoy-o-Tron, which I played. And then I realized that there was a way to win if I played Clockwork Gnome into the Sacred Trial and it gave me something that prevented Leper Gnome from dying. It gave me the Freeze spare part.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2016, 01:39:44 pm »

Did you win?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2016, 02:00:23 pm »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »
+1

I'm 7-2 in Arena up against a Mage. Things aren't looking too good when my Mage opponent has 6 cards to my 2 cards. I play my Map to the Golden Monkey that I got from my Elise, and immediately draw the Golden Monkey with 18 cards still left in my deck. I play it (That Dreadscale was a Keeper of Uldaman before its transformation).

What proceeded was me desperately trying to topdeck to stay in the game. My stupid Blingtron even gave my opponent a Charged Hammer While I got a Light's Justice. I managed to seal the win with an epic Varian play before my opponent's Hero Power could get upgraded.. I missed the screenshot during the game, but you can see the blur of what it did for me.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2016, 12:14:43 pm »
+2

Warlock arena. I'm at 6hp, have lethal next turn. My opponent has 2/3 stealth on board and 1 card in hand. I use my earthen ring farseer to heal my 6/1 to a 6/4 so it won't die, to keep lethal (possibly am mistake since I was low and against a paladin). Opponent draws a card, plays abusive, big panda, abusive again and has a 6/3 stealth. I'm like really?! Then he attacks my 6/4. I say thank you, there's a pause, then he concedes.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2016, 02:00:50 am »
+1

Not sure I can translate this into words, but I just mindgamed my opponent into getting lots of value from my Redemption.

T1: I don't play Redemption (I don't have a 2 or 3 drop in hand and might want to Hero Power next turn.)
T1: Opp coins out Knife Juggler
T2: Still no 2-drop. I play Redemption, hoping it looks like Noble Sacrifice (and it's better if I draw a 3 drop next turn)
T2: Opp plays Mechwarper, gets tricked, doesn't attack to save Juggler.
T3: Draw and play Mad Bomber, kill Knife Juggler (which is super lucky)
T3: Opp plays Sword of Justice, attacks face with Mechwarper, doesn't trigger a secret. (Opponent should have attacked into Mad Bomber regardless of if I have Noble Sacrifice or not so this is just bad of them.)
T4: Keeper of Uldaman on Mad Bomber, kill Mechwarper

So now I have a 3/4 and a 3/1 to an empty board. My opponent can't risk triggering Avenge by killing Mad Bomber, so they leave it around. Eventually, they trade their SoJ-pumped board and a Sword charge to get everything to 2 health for Consecrate, finally triggering my Redemption. I get to rebuild with a free 3/1 and my opponent never gets board back.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »

News flash: it is the year 2016.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2016, 05:37:55 pm »

Pretty sure it's still 2015

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2016, 06:25:52 pm »

Pretty sure it's still 2015

Being 2015 in 2016? >:(

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2016, 12:32:07 am »

Just played a generic Priest against Control Warrior.  Entombed his Iron Juggernaut and Sylvanas, Auchenai/Flash Healed his Ysera, Thoughstole Grommash and Brawl (which helped me kill *his* Grommash)... he drew his Burrowing Mine which left him at 1 Health, with his board empty, and me with 3 minions.  He conceded.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2016, 04:47:58 am »

Just played a generic Priest against Control Warrior.  Entombed his Iron Juggernaut and Sylvanas, Auchenai/Flash Healed his Ysera, Thoughstole Grommash and Brawl (which helped me kill *his* Grommash)... he drew his Burrowing Mine which left him at 1 Health, with his board empty, and me with 3 minions.  He conceded.
I'm messing with a Reno Warrior at the moment.   Not the best to climb with in this meta, but I'm sick of trying to climb, the meta is so stale atm. 
It's good against many a thing, but so bad against Control/Dragon Priest.  Entombs are just so spectacularly devastating.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 & 2016: Best Hearthstone Moments
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2016, 07:33:58 am »

Personally find entomb OP.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:37 am »

I'm messing with a Reno Warrior at the moment.   Not the best to climb with in this meta, but I'm sick of trying to climb, the meta is so stale atm. 
It's good against many a thing, but so bad against Control/Dragon Priest.  Entombs are just so spectacularly devastating.

The meta is always stale though, but it's just stale in different ways. Like right now Zoo is really popular for some reason. That takes me back.

Entomb reminds me of what things were like playing against Priest before Naxx, where they could get away with using Mind Control. Pretty wacky.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:55:46 am by markusin »

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2016, 11:01:40 am »

The meta is always stale though, but it's just stale in different ways. Like right now Zoo is really popular for some reason. That takes me back.

Entomb reminds me of what things were like playing against Priest before Naxx, where they could get away with using Mind Control. Pretty wacky.
OK then let me rephrase - I'm finding the current staleness of the meta to be more dislikable than I usually do, for whatever reason.  To the extent that I no longer want to play the decks that are good in the meta (which I always used to do before I hit Legend the first time), but just want to play whatever I feel like playing.  That's quite unusual for me.

As for MC, I had my Ysera MC'd the other day.  Think I still won, but that surprised me a lot.  Been a long time since I've faced MC as a thing.  It could maybe come back post-WOTOG, depending.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2016, 11:14:17 am »

OK then let me rephrase - I'm finding the current staleness of the meta to be more dislikable than I usually do, for whatever reason.  To the extent that I no longer want to play the decks that are good in the meta (which I always used to do before I hit Legend the first time), but just want to play whatever I feel like playing.  That's quite unusual for me.

As for MC, I had my Ysera MC'd the other day.  Think I still won, but that surprised me a lot.  Been a long time since I've faced MC as a thing.  It could maybe come back post-WOTOG, depending.

Yeah I get that. I'm usually not playing the best deck for the meta, but still one that is reasonable for the current state of the game. I'm primarily playing Renolock with Stalagg/Feugen right now. Going Stalagg/Faceless after Feugen has died usually wins the game against Control/Fatigue Warrior/Priest (I don't have Jaraxxus), but the games still take very long to finish. The other half of the time I get wrecked by Zoolock and Midrange Combo Druid. Still an interesting experience.

Actually one game against Control/Dragon hybrid Priest, I didn't have an answer to Ysera. I facelessed it, but then it got Shrinkmeister-Caballed. Managed to get it back with Mind Control Tech. Luckily my opponent got subpar Dream Cards. My opponent ended up burning Dream to bounce back my Emerald Drake, then later on played two Laughing Sisters that got removed by my Dream Card, Ysera Awakens.

I ended up winning in the end. My opponent tried to stall with Museum Curator into Abomination+Nightmare on Abomination, but that got removed by my Siphon Soul and Abomination's Deathrattle gave me lethal.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the part where I milled 4 of my opponent's cards with Brann+Coldlight(from Jeweled Scarab), one of which was Onyxia, while the Priest's hand was stuffed with Dream cards.In exchange, I only milled my Hellfire.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:08:29 pm by markusin »

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2016, 11:49:48 am »
+1

Using Pyroblast while having four Summoning Stones in play.  :)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

When? Where? How?

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2016, 01:32:00 pm »

When? Where? How?

I got an Echo of Medivh from an Ethereal Conjurer, and then played it while I had two summoning stones out. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:34:32 pm by LostPhoenix »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2016, 01:35:41 pm »

When? Where? How?

I got an Echo of Medivh from an Ethereal Conjurer, and then played it while I had two summoning stones out.

I see :P I think my question still applies though, because you had two stones out, didn't die, didn't have them killed and then echoed them, then played two more out, they still didn't die and you still didn't die, and then you played a pyroblast.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2016, 01:31:09 am »

When? Where? How?

I see :P I think my question still applies though, because you had two stones out, didn't die, didn't have them killed and then echoed them, then played two more out, they still didn't die and you still didn't die, and then you played a pyroblast.

You're right. It sounds pretty rediculous.  I dont remember all the details, but he was unable to remove my first two stones because he had no minions on board at the time, and the summoned minions as a result of the echo were able to take care of the ones he played next.  He must have had a terrible hand.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2016, 07:01:45 am »

Spellslinger gave me a Flare against a Secret Pally.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12  All

Page created in 0.901 seconds with 20 queries.