Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion inspired Hearthstone fan cards  (Read 7173 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Dominion inspired Hearthstone fan cards
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »
+1

Some ideas I had about bringing the good things about Dominion into Hearthstone.  Just for fun.

Candlestick Gnome
1 Mana Neutral Minion
1/1
Deathrattle: Put a coin into your hand.

Baker
1 Mana Neutral Minion
0/2 Stealth
Your spells cost one more and have underload (1).

Engrid Poseida
4 Mana Legendary Neutral Minion
2/5 Taunt
Put a Fel Reaver on top of your foe's deck.

Chaplain
5 mana Epic Neutral Minion
2/5 Divine Shield
Battlecry: Target a minion.  Discard all minions with that creature type from your deck.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion inspired Hearthstone fan cards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »
+1

Baker really ought to be Spells cost 1 more, but give you a coin.

Not sure what Engrid Poseida is supposed to refer to?

Candlestick Gnome should be Candlestick Kobold, for WOW reasons ("You no take candle!")

Also I think you missed:

Scout
4-mana Neutral Minion
1/4
At the start of your turn, reveal the top four cards of your deck.  Put any Victory cards into your hand, then put the rest of the cards on top of your deck in any order.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:55:46 pm »

Bureaucrat
4 mana Neutral Minion
2/2
Battlecry: your opponent places the card with the highest mana cost in their hand on top of their deck.

Throne Maker
4 mana Neutral Minion
0/4
Battlecry: draw a random spell you played last turn. It costs (0).

Dark Portal
3 mana Neutral Minion
0/2
If this card is discarded, summon a 6/3 (Take that, Millers).

Dark Portal/Feel Reaver Combo! But they have to be in the same kingdom :P.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:57:28 pm by markusin »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

Not sure what Engrid Poseida is supposed to refer to?

Candlestick Gnome should be Candlestick Kobold, for WOW reasons ("You no take candle!")

Also I think you missed:

Scout
4-mana Neutral Minion
1/4
At the start of your turn, reveal the top four cards of your deck.  Put any Victory cards into your hand, then put the rest of the cards on top of your deck in any order.

It's Sea Hag.  It's a legendary so it needs a fancy name.  Poseida is supposed to be like Poseidon which is like sea.  Kinda.

Fistfuls of coins seems like they could get kinda OP with spells matter stuff, is the thing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »

And then the Coin costs 1 more and gives you another Coin.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 04:47:47 pm »

Which makes mana addict go infinite and OHKO

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

Make it like Gallywix's Coin, such that it doesn't trigger itself.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »

Gallywix's Coin doesn't trigger itself? Good God Blizzard what don't you understand about cards doing what you print on them.

I'm not gonna endorse putting unwritten effects onto cards even on a fan card because I hate that shoddy workmanship with a passion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:23:18 pm by popsofctown »

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

Gallywix's Coin doesn't trigger itself? Good God Blizzard what don't you understand about cards doing what you print on them.

I'm not gonna endorse putting unwritten effects onto cards even on a fan card because I hate that shoddy workmanship with a passion.

Gallywix's coin does not trigger Gallywix, exactly as written on the card

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 07:12:58 pm »

Gallywix's coin does not trigger Gallywix, exactly as written on the card
Itself = Gallywix's Coin, not Gallywix, in the context of pops's quote.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »

Kirian posted that Gallywix will not give Gallywix's owner a roguey coin whenever his opponent plays a roguey coin.  Unless the roguey coin is a Minion or Weapon it's clearly a spell and by the text of the cards themselves, unambiguously ought to create that trigger.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 02:33:12 pm »

Kirian posted that Gallywix will not give Gallywix's owner a roguey coin whenever his opponent plays a roguey coin.  Unless the roguey coin is a Minion or Weapon it's clearly a spell and by the text of the cards themselves, unambiguously ought to create that trigger.

The coin you get says "Does not trigger Gallywix." But Gallywix does not explain this on his minion card. So no, it shouldn't trigger Gallywix, it just isn't clear when you first initially play Gallywix. What they should do is put in the collection the extra cards that can be produced. Like when you rick click on a card, it shows all the spare parts, or what cards will turn into such as Druid of the Claw transformation vs Ancient of War which is a buff.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 02:40:04 pm »

The coin you get says "Does not trigger Gallywix." But Gallywix does not explain this on his minion card. So no, it shouldn't trigger Gallywix, it just isn't clear when you first initially play Gallywix. What they should do is put in the collection the extra cards that can be produced. Like when you rick click on a card, it shows all the spare parts, or what cards will turn into such as Druid of the Claw transformation vs Ancient of War which is a buff.

Then it shouldn't be called a Coin because it's not a Coin.  If they just named it Bribe and it said "You get one more mana this turn only, doesn't trigger Gallywix", it would be no more cryptic to players than Mukla already is.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 02:42:28 pm »

Then it shouldn't be called a Coin because it's not a Coin.  If they just named it Bribe and it said "You get one more mana this turn only, doesn't trigger Gallywix", it would be no more cryptic to players than Mukla already is.

It should be called "Gallywix's Coin" on the Gallywix minion card, because naming it Coin lets you know it gives your opponent an extra mana this turn. Bribe is more mysterious, giving no idea what it does. Still, simply showing all non collectibles in the collection would solve this issue somewhat.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 02:46:54 pm »

It should be called "Gallywix's Coin" on the Gallywix minion card, because naming it Coin lets you know it gives your opponent an extra mana this turn. Bribe is more mysterious, giving no idea what it does. Still, simply showing all non collectibles in the collection would solve this issue somewhat.
Yeah, I was just pointing out how Mukla is kind of crappy but still doesn't lie on the card

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 02:50:33 pm »

Well, I haven't played a lot of Hearthstone lately so I don't know what we're talking about, but I don't see a reason why there couldn't be two different cards that are both named "Coin" in Hearthstone.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »

Well, I haven't played a lot of Hearthstone lately so I don't know what we're talking about, but I don't see a reason why there couldn't be two different cards that are both named "Coin" in Hearthstone.

There is a minion that copies spells like Lo Walker Cho. Except he gives a Coin to the opponent when a spell is played. But that coin doesn't get copied by this minion. So it's confusing because you think it's just the normal coin, but it actually isn't. It would be like there being two different Curse cards in dominion. One is the normal Curse, the other is for a specific card. Why call it curse? Call it Special Curse and no one is confused.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:16 pm »

There is a minion that copies spells like Lo Walker Cho. Except he gives a Coin to the opponent when a spell is played. But that coin doesn't get copied by this minion. So it's confusing because you think it's just the normal coin, but it actually isn't. It would be like there being two different Curse cards in dominion. One is the normal Curse, the other is for a specific card. Why call it curse? Call it Special Curse and no one is confused.

I mean, yeah, it's confusing, but I don't think it's technically wrong.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 02:57:26 pm »

I mean, yeah, it's confusing, but I don't think it's technically wrong.

Of course it's not wrong, and after you play with gallywix once you understand the card, same as with Mukla. But simply saying "learn all the cards" is a bad excuse to word your game badly.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 03:08:40 pm »
+3

On a similar note, the first time I got Ysera in arena, I didn't know what a "dream" card was. The only 3 cards I drew off of him were all the dream card named "Dream". So I went on thinking Ysera just gave that one card. Imagine my surprise when an opponent got Ysera Awakens...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 04:03:48 pm »

They did reminder text in the collection for Spare Parts.  If you mouseover a card that can generate spare parts in your collection it says "Spare parts are one mana spells with minor effects"

They should do "Gallywix's Coin isn't copied by Gallywix" and "Dream cards are undercosted cards" and "Bananas give +1/+1"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 07:01:25 pm by popsofctown »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 10:58:21 pm »

Militia
4 Cost Neutral Minion
2/2
Battlecry: Your opponent discards down to three cards in hand.

Turn 4 against Handlock.  GG.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.